• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll admit that my first time being able to vote, (Obama's second term) I voted for Obama. Looking back I should have voted for Johnson...

It would have been the same thing. Those who vote for a known out of contention candidate are essentially voting for the enemy, same as you did anyway.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I'll admit that my first time being able to vote, (Obama's second term) I voted for Obama. Looking back I should have voted for Johnson if I had actually heard about him. But, if I had to vote in that election again I still wouldn't vote for Mittens. Now this election I think is going to be a bigger pain with the current selection of candidates on either side. I'm generally a single issue person in regard to the 2A, but the 2016 election is just ugly across the board. In the end, unless a pro-2A democrat appears I'll end up having to vote republican..... and then take a few dozen showers afterwards. ;)
    Wisdom is wasted on the Numb.

Hellhound1055

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If I had to choose between Mittens or Obama I'd still end up choosing Obama. And Cpt. Nervous giving me negative rep for not sharing your opinion? Lmao. Honestly I really hope that an Independent candidate gets enough fame to be winnable, cause I would hate to put my rights in the hands of either major party.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    shooter.jpg

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It would have been the same thing. Those who vote for a known out of contention candidate are essentially voting for the enemy, same as you did anyway.

Had he voted for Johnson it wouldn't have been "essentially voting for the enemy." It's a vote for a candidate that isn't the favored son being foisted on you.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If I had to choose between Mittens or Obama I'd still end up choosing Obama. And Cpt. Nervous giving me negative rep for not sharing your opinion? Lmao. Honestly I really hope that an Independent candidate gets enough fame to be winnable, cause I would hate to put my rights in the hands of either major party.

While Romney was not my favorite candidate (by far) , you seem to have an extremely high level of vitriol for him... may I ask why? What sort of personal trait made him so unlikeable that you would choose Obama? Even again today?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    While Romney was not my favorite candidate (by far) , you seem to have an extremely high level of vitriol for him... may I ask why? What sort of personal trait made him so unlikeable that you would choose Obama? Even again today?

What makes you think he has "an extremely high level of vitriol for" Romney? Because he didn't vote for him?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Had he voted for Johnson it wouldn't have been "essentially voting for the enemy." It's a vote for a candidate that isn't the favored son being foisted on you.

What makes you think he has "an extremely high level of vitriol for" Romney? Because he didn't vote for him?

Vitriol? I can't say for sure. But "Mittens" is a pretty clear indicator that he has [STRIKE]considerable[/STRIKE] typical lefty contempt for Romney, which means that he's as "community organized" as any. He believes the narrative that Romney was the evil, heartless, rich, capitalist, Lucifer.

I have no animosity towards people for voting the way they vote. People believe ****. And they act on ****. Politicians and ideologues know this. He voted for Obama because of, you know, hope-n-change and ****. I don't think it's very productive to ridicule people for believing ****. The best thing is to try to help people develop a healthy distaste for ****. And, if I'm going to blame anyone for the state of the nation, I'm going to blame the mind benders themselves. Popular culture can't help itself.

"Community organizing" is the pursuit of political goals using people's psyche against them. People like to fit in. They like to be seen as "in". They like to be seen as being in the right, on the right side. They like to be cool; they like people that they perceive are cool. Obama is seen as "cool" (mom-jeans notwithstanding), and on the "right" side, and "in".

People believe Obama for the same reason high-school kids believe and follow the leaders of the pop-cliques. Community organizers train themselves in how to manipulate people's social tendencies to bring about the social change they want. This kind of mind-bender isn't a game.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When someone posts that they are a single issue voter (2A) and then say they voted for Obama, I don't waste any time with them. They either are lying about being a single issue voter or they are not mentally competent. I don't see a third option here. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Vitriol? I can't say for sure. But "Mittens" is a pretty clear indicator that he has [STRIKE]considerable[/STRIKE] typical lefty contempt for Romney, which means that he's as "community organized" as any. He believes the narrative that Romney was the evil, heartless, rich, capitalist, Lucifer.

I have no animosity towards people for voting the way they vote. People believe ****. And they act on ****. Politicians and ideologues know this. He voted for Obama because of, you know, hope-n-change and ****. I don't think it's very productive to ridicule people for believing ****. The best thing is to try to help people develop a healthy distaste for ****. And, if I'm going to blame anyone for the state of the nation, I'm going to blame the mind benders themselves. Popular culture can't help itself.

"Community organizing" is the pursuit of political goals using people's psyche against them. People like to fit in. They like to be seen as "in". They like to be seen as being in the right, on the right side. They like to be cool; they like people that they perceive are cool. Obama is seen as "cool" (mom-jeans notwithstanding), and on the "right" side, and "in".

People believe Obama for the same reason high-school kids believe and follow the leaders of the pop-cliques. Community organizers train themselves in how to manipulate people's social tendencies to bring about the social change they want. This kind of mind-bender isn't a game.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

I would have to add that I see one element which is never addressed when decrying a vote for [third-party candidate] as a vote for the other side: When you do the math, presuming that you support the R candidate, a vote for the L candidate, for example, has only half the negative impact to your cause as a vote for the D candidate given that it (theoretically) reduces the R vote by one, while voting D both reduces the R vote by one and increased the D vote by one, generating a 2 vote shift in the point spread.

Oh, and about Mitt, my biggest problem was having the establishment tell me that I should oppose Obama for ObamaCare by voting for the guy who first brought it to us in usable form. It struck me as similar to suggesting to a lefty that he should support pacifism by voting for, say, General Petraeus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When someone posts that they are a single issue voter (2A) and then say they voted for Obama, I don't waste any time with them. They either are lying about being a single issue voter or they are not mentally competent. I don't see a third option here. :dunno:

Cognitive dissonance should eventually work it's magic. Either intellectual honesty will eventually win, or not.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

You say you don't have any vitriol for anyone who voted for Obama but in the same breath you express this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You say you don't have any vitriol for anyone who voted for Obama but in the same breath you express this.
    I think we don't define vitriol the same and we apparently don't have the same regard for reading comprehension. That last part was vitriol by the way. I have no animosity or bitterness for most people who voted for Obama. I just think pop culture is ill equipped to to have much independent thought.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

He's just expressing disbelief that anybody could still vote for obayme in 2012 given his previous 4 year track record.
    For the record, when obama first came on scene in 08 "I" liked his hope and changey message for about a week until I dug into his real opinions and background.
    It was a hard thing to do as he was getting (and still is) cover in the media.

Top Bottom