• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    The whole push for education has always confounded me, much like the pushes for getting folks involved in the stock market, and getting folks into home ownership.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    To be fair, it's probably best to take the speech in its entirety and just exactly where that particular SINGULAR mention of terrorism was mentioned.

Even if one wants to give Obama the pass as implicitly labeling the Benghazi debacle a terror attack with that comment, how does one explain the insistent and constant refrain from THREE SEPARATE ADMINISTRATION SOURCES (WH, Rice, and Clinton) over the next week that made a desperate effort NOT to make it a terror attack, but instead called it a juvenile prank of a disgruntled group of protestors (who, by the way, weren't there--so there's an outright lie from the administration)?

To wit: Tells The View: 'We are still doing an investigation' | Washington Free Beacon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I just wonder why it is so hard for people to understand that you can lower taxes when more people are working and paying taxes...That regulation stops business from growing or starting up. And I wish Romney had talked more about the jobs just the pipeline would make...When the lady brought of equal pay for women, Romney should of said that Obama does not really think women are equal because when his so call shovel ready jobs were created from the stimulus were construction jobs and most women do not work in construction. Neither do older people...the best they could hope for would be a low playing job as a flag person.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If k-12 education was something better than teaching for tests, we might be seeing more kids going for hard sciences. There are many jobs we can't fill because we don't have college grads that are qualified. I don't think that just sending kids to college is the answer because if k-12 educations aren't there, it'll just be churning out more :poop: degrees that barely qualify you for a job delivering pizza.

A friggin college diploma is NOT an indication of a persons ability to do a job. I'm sorry to say this and admit its probably going to cause some butthurt, but the whole "American Dream" of sending kids off to 'get and education' has just been another ploy and a lie to increase the profits of the schools themselves.
    There was a time in this country where business hired apprentices, trained them, and invested in both worker and the companys' future. Yesterday's mail room kid could actually become tomorrows company president, even the owner's kids swept floors and learned the business from the ground up. When someone showed talent, intelligence, and ability they rewarded with more training and opportunity. Back then, K-12 taught kids the tools and skills needed to enter the Workforce, not ezpectations of degrees, high dollar/low energy jobs, and getting rich by age 35. We have 50% of grads unable to find jobs in thier field because many of probably shouldn't have gone to begin with.

I have no beef with higher learning per se, I went back to school myself, but after I grew up a little and had enough maturity to put it to use. I also paid for it myself, not single grant, scholarship, or loan.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A friggin college diploma is NOT an indication of a persons ability to do a job. I'm sorry to say this and admit its probably going to cause some butthurt, but the whole "American Dream" of sending kids off to 'get and education' has just been another ploy and a lie to increase the profits of the schools themselves.
    There was a time in this country where business hired apprentices, trained them, and invested in both worker and the companys' future. Yesterday's mail room kid could actually become tomorrows company president, even the owner's kids swept floors and learned the business from the ground up. When someone showed talent, intelligence, and ability they rewarded with more training and opportunity. Back then, K-12 taught kids the tools and skills needed to enter the Workforce, not ezpectations of degrees, high dollar/low energy jobs, and getting rich by age 35. We have 50% of grads unable to find jobs in thier field because many of probably shouldn't have gone to begin with.

I have no beef with higher learning per se, I went back to school myself, but after I grew up a little and had enough maturity to put it to use. I also paid for it myself, not single grant, scholarship, or loan.

Yep, if I were a kid in high school or straight out of high school I'd be looking for an apprenticeship to learn a trade that most people don't want to do. I've seen quite a few plumber apprenticeships that would leave someone living a pretty comfortable life after a nice shower every night.

I meet so many underclassmen that say they're in college because it'll get them a high paying job. When asked about their major, most seem to have chosen something easy with virtually no job growth projections over the next decade. They're also not equipped with the tools to use their fluff degree as a foot in the door so they can show true skills and motivation to learn. Every class I've taken since I've gone back to school, I've heard about how unfair the professors are because it isn't like high school. We gotta stop teaching for state tests and getting back to preparing kids for the real world, whether that includes higher education, a trade school, or simply busting their butts and making something of themselves through effort.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just want to know how Obama keeps getting away with his, " I've lowered taxes on the middle class," line of crap. I'm AT BEST middle class, making FAR less than "$250,000" a year and my taxes have gone up quite a bit under this administration. Politicians lie, pay stubs do not.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe I missed it, but when did Obama go through the budget line by line to eliminate duplicate and waste programs? Or is that just a bald faced lie from last election.

Remember this idiot banner he made for himself for speeches? Yeah Michelle, he doesn't have an ego problem...the guy named his dog after his own initials btw

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0bhGXpIwlg[/ame]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just want to know how Obama keeps getting away with his, " I've lowered taxes on the middle class," line of crap. I'm AT BEST middle class, making FAR less than "$250,000" a year and my taxes have gone up quite a bit under this administration. Politicians lie, pay stubs do not.

hey, he cut your social security witholding! Of course, it will decrease your benefits since you paid in less... but hey, it is less. By him continuing Bush tax cuts he considers that his cutting yours since they were to go up anyway.

If he wanted to spend $1 trillion and only spend $800 billion more, he cut spending $200 billion

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Now he is saying that he's going to "responsibly reduce the deficit."??? By adding a trillion dollars to the national debt a year? Wtf?

Sorry, clearly I'm watching this on DVR.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's apparent, that Obama won this debate. The comments in this thread are hilarious. Open your eyes people, these guys are the SAME person! I'm betting the next debate will be a tie.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It's apparent, that Obama won this debate. The comments in this thread are hilarious. Open your eyes people, these guys are the SAME person! I'm betting the next debate will be a tie.

So far it doesn't seem to me either won the debate. Clearly I'm not an Obama supporter but Mitt didn't do anything either. The only way I could see that Obama won is if points are scored for loudly calling someone a liar without any backing.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    "You don't use national security to score political points." Really Mr. President? You didn't just do that by announcing that we were going on the attack in Lybia?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Wow, they both failed terribly on guns. I didn't realize that legally owned automatic weapons were so commonly used in crimes (Obama) and that it was illegal to own automatic weapons in this country (Romney).

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    "You don't use national security to score political points." Really Mr. President? You didn't just do that by announcing that we were going on the attack in Lybia?

Only when those points are scored against him.

But...he killed Osama bin Laden. America has to understand the sacrifice he made that day. It was great weather, he was 6 under on the front 9 and was putting for another birdie when he was forced to go to the war room, put on a jacket, and pose for op.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    From the polls I've seen thus far, Obama walks away winning. Problem is, with Romney or Barry, WE all lose.

In fact, you don't know what Romney can or will do. But in fact, you do know where we've been the last four years.

Just wait until Obama 'reforms' Medicare and Social Security (you didn't build that, etc.)...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I just wonder why it is so hard for people to understand that you can lower taxes when more people are working and paying taxes...That regulation stops business from growing or starting up. And I wish Romney had talked more about the jobs just the pipeline would make...When the lady brought of equal pay for women, Romney should of said that Obama does not really think women are equal because when his so call shovel ready jobs were created from the stimulus were construction jobs and most women do not work in construction. Neither do older people...the best they could hope for would be a low playing job as a flag person.

It's much easier for Dems to believe that the Earth is flat and Obama is the center of the universe.

Top Bottom