• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Fact, I guess is less open to interpretation. Fair enough. Regardless, why does one side exagerate the "shortcoming" of the other when the "facts" are enough to stand on their own? It's a rhetorical question. It would be refreshing to see in one of these post debate analyses that the commentator had nothing to correct.

For that to happen, aside from the obvious lack of "facts" in debates, you would have to find a commentator who had not already chosen sides.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Well, my 32" analog tv is still intact, mainly because the wife took me out for dinner last night and we went to the bedroom to read our books immediately we had gotten home.

From the conservative commentators I've been listening to, IMO, Romney did okay considering the debate was what I thought it would be: a 2-against-1 against him.

As for "facts" during a debate: C'mon. Without notes, NO candidate is going to have all the "facts" at his disposal; what they do have are carefully crafted talking points laden with their versions of the issues. They memorize those stats and items that they expect to have to react to, or to emphasize the points they want to make.

Unless a candidate outright lies - the Benghazi Consulate attack reaction springs to mind - the "facts" are always going to be subject to spin and interpretation based on the biases of the commentators, so I don't really see any point in getting exercised about them.

Of course, I had made up my mind who I was NOT going to vote for in early 2009, so these debates are simply an exercise in frustration and a temptation to take high blood pressure meds for me. Not interested.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Both WTHR and WRTV both just reported Romney's "mistake" on the Libya discussion. No reporting of Candy's retraction. No showing of Obama's rose garden statement. :n00b:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Both WTHR and WRTV both just reported Romney's "mistake" on the Libya discussion. No reporting of Candy's retraction. No showing of Obama's rose garden statement. :n00b:

That's unfortunate, Romney was absolutely correct in what he said.

CROWLEY knew obama was full of :poop: two weeks ago when she was interviewing david axlerod.......

Crowley to Axelrod: Obama Never Said Benghazi Attack Was 'Act of Terror'

Quite a change..... she must have "forgot"

She was in the tank for obama - it's not debatable.

Every time Romney had him back on the ropes she interrupted with.."It's time to move on."

Another glaring example was when obama was attempting an off topic grill on Romney on his investments in China........
    Romney counted with "You have inventments in China as well."

Then crowley and obama chimed back with ... "Hey, this is getting off topic."

F'n lame.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    CROWLEY knew obama was full of :poop: two weeks ago when she was interviewing david axlerod.......

Crowley to Axelrod: Obama Never Said Benghazi Attack Was 'Act of Terror'

Quite a change..... she must have "forgot"

She was in the tank for obama - it's not debatable.

Every time Romney had him back on the ropes she interrupted with.."It's time to move on."

Another glaring example was when obama was attempting an off topic grill on Romney on his investments in China........
    Romney counted with "You have inventments in China as well."

Then crowley and obama chimed back with ... "Hey, this is getting off topic."

F'n lame.

Oh, I get it and totally agree. I'm just saying that the local folks are easier to hold accountable. They are more likely to feel the impact of their viewers and advertisers opinions and actions.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It's apparent, that Obama won this debate. The comments in this thread are hilarious. Open your eyes people, these guys are the SAME person! I'm betting the next debate will be a tie.

WTH debate were you watching???

I truly feel sorry for you, if your ability to discern between these two men, is actually that clouded.

They are the SAME? Get serious man! :noway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Did they say what format or moderator for the 3rd debate, I only know its at a Florida college?
    Monday
    October 22, 2012

120120_obama_romney_ap_3282.jpg
    Topic: Foreign policy
    Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
    Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
    Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
    Moderator: Bob Schieffer (Host of Face the Nation on CBS)
    The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate and will focus on foreign policy.

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule « 2012 Election Central

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Monday
    October 22, 2012
    120120_obama_romney_ap_3282.jpg
    Topic: Foreign policy
    Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
    Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
    Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
    Moderator: Bob Schieffer (Host of Face the Nation on CBS) The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate and will focus on foreign policy.

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule « 2012 Election Central

Across the board liberals as moderators, Republicans are suckers.

Top Bottom