• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NO. You are not being honest here.

IF the post you made "...was in reference to voters, taken generally."...Why then, in your post #322 (which is what I responded to), why did you quote ME and MY post?
    It was clearly directed at me.... as you THINK I have an (R) behind my name.

You're pretty good at talking out both sides of your mouth (and really saying nothing but the same old "I hate the 2 -party system" crap).

Pronouns, look 'em up.
    When addressing a person directly, the pronoun "you" can be used in place of a proper noun (ie a name). When speaking of a group, in a non-proper noun fashion (and including one's self), it is accepatable to use the pronoun "we," which like the word "people" encompasses multitudes.

I've given you a lesson already on politics, as it was noticed that the you either won't or can't (I favor the latter) respond to my assertions, and now you've been given a lesson in English.... and not even needing to resort to snide remarks.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Pronouns, look 'em up.
    When addressing a person directly, the pronoun "you" can be used in place of a proper noun (ie a name). When speaking of a group, in a non-proper noun fashion (and including one's self), it is accepatable to use the pronoun "we," which like the word "people" encompasses multitudes.

I've given you a lesson already on politics, as it was noticed that the you either won't or can't (I favor the latter) respond to my assertions, and now you've been given a lesson in English.... and not even needing to resort to snide remarks.

Oh. Now you're a teacher? That's laughable...

I'll say it, again.

"I truly feel sorry for you, if your ability to DISCERN between these two men (Obama and Romney), is so clouded."

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh. Now you're a teacher? That's laughable...

I'll say it, again.

"I truly feel sorry for you, if your ability to DISCERN between these two men (Obama and Romney), is so clouded."

Blind devotion will be the undoing of our nation.... thanks

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So much stupid in this post

So you like the idea of blind devotion? You don't strike me as the type to walk into something because of what you "think" rather than what it "is." But then again, I have been surprised before. :dunno:

Humor me, and explain your stance, because I hope you're smart enough to gather what it means.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know, I know. But that's where we have to make a choice. Support your self-interest while supporting a station biased to the enemy? Or not?

Don't bother trying to make an argument to respond to that. Hornadylnl doesn't use purple much.

It isn't enough to take our business elsewhere. We need to punished them with laws and regulations. Why else would people call 911 when McDonald's run out of chicken nuggets? It's not in America's DNA to take our dollars elsewhere. We want to punish businesses that won't cater to our wants. How many "conservative gunowners" have demanded laws that force business owners to allow cc/oc in their stores? Their desire to shop at that store overpowers their ability to shop elsewhere. Why should network tv be any different?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It isn't enough to take our business elsewhere. We need to punished them with laws and regulations. Why else would people call 911 when McDonald's run out of chicken nuggets? It's not in America's DNA to take our dollars elsewhere. We want to punish businesses that won't cater to our wants. How many "conservative gunowners" have demanded laws that force business owners to allow cc/oc in their stores? Their desire to shop at that store overpowers their ability to shop elsewhere. Why should network tv be any different?

I haven't followed this entire thread, so if I'm taking this out of context, I apologize in advance. But I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment. I would take this a step further though. Over the last bunch of decades, our country has been all about having the government conjure up a constitutional penumbra or manufacture legislation or whatever it takes to force one person(s) to change their business practices towards a socially accepted aggrieved group. This has become engrained into our psyche--somebody doesn't treat me like I want, I claim victim status, petition some .gov for relief, and wait for a check or court order to over ride their rights with mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Pretty much spot on from my observations of the general public. I am among them daily.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I haven't followed this entire thread, so if I'm taking this out of context, I apologize in advance. But I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment. I would take this a step further though. Over the last bunch of decades, our country has been all about having the government conjure up a constitutional penumbra or manufacture legislation or whatever it takes to force one person(s) to change their business practices towards a socially accepted aggrieved group. This has become engrained into our psyche--somebody doesn't treat me like I want, I claim victim status, petition some .gov for relief, and wait for a check or court order to over ride their rights with mine.

Pretty much spot on from my observations of the general public. I am among them daily.

FREEDOM scares the :poop: out of most people when they really think about what it means.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    FREEDOM scares the :poop: out of most people when they really think about what it means.

The consumer holds the dollars, therefore he/she wields all the power. But they want their cake and eat it to. I want to eat in that restaurant but I don't want to smell smoke. Oh, congressman!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The consumer holds the dollars, therefore he/she wields all the power. But they want their cake and eat it to. I want to eat in that restaurant but I don't want to smell smoke. Oh, congressman!

Man, is a selfish creature. I do agree that some basic regulation must be in place to take that fact into account, otherwise anarchy ensues or worse yet, a return to the Law of the Horde, where the strongest becomes the leader and all others subjects.
    But, Man is also an intelligent creature. The trick is getting this creature to understand that never can ONE survive in a situation where MANY are striving for exactly the same thing without some compromise for the benefit of all.

As pointed out by previous posts, we've gotten far beyond simple risk/gain mutual benefit regulation and are drowning in the selfish nature of Man again. The circle remains unbroken.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anybody confused about the binder comment by Romney?

Apparently, binders and big bird are all team obama has to go on.

Sad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Their desire to shop at that store overpowers their ability to shop elsewhere. Why should network tv be any different?

The question is whether you fall in with the rest of the whiners or take action yourself and organize others?

Anybody confused about the binder comment by Romney?

The new 'Bama buz word. It's everywhere.
    "Binder" covers up four years of fail.

The best thing Mit can do is stay on point. Don't take their bait on nitpicking language. That's all they have.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The question is whether you fall in with the rest of the whiners or take action yourself and organize others?

I tune into the channels I loathe to watch my favorite tv shows and debates. Then I come to an internet forum to ***** about how biased that channel is. After I get that out of my system, I write my congressman and demand new regulations.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    $10 says the president's flag lapel pin is larger than Romney's tonight.

:laugh: Hey! I was pointing out that Mitt had a larger flag pin in the first debate. My wife asked right away who had a larger flag this time. I would laugh my butt off if they kept trying to outdo eachother with bigger flag pins. Oh well... I can image that scenario playing out while daydreaming my way through the 3rd debate.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    :laugh: Hey! I was pointing out that Mitt had a larger flag pin in the first debate. My wife asked right away who had a larger flag this time. I would laugh my butt off if they kept trying to outdo eachother with bigger flag pins. Oh well... I can image that scenario playing out while daydreaming my way through the 3rd debate.

I'll vote for whichever one walks up to the podium for debate #3 wearing this:

AC117.jpg

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I tune into the channels I loathe to watch my favorite tv shows and debates. Then I come to an internet forum to ***** about how biased that channel is. After I get that out of my system, I write my congressman and demand new regulations.
    It is always good to have a hobby to keep you active...
    Keeps you from going off the deep end.

Top Bottom