• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My stomach rolled over until he tried to shift it to hiring more teachers to "provide opportunity" for those poor underpriviledged Chicago gang members.

To be slightly fair regarding that, a charter school pretty much turned a small portion of a neighborhood around. 100% of the kids graduated and were accepted into 4 year colleges. 96% couldn't read to grade level freshman year. Englewood isn't exactly a nice area. These kids may not have been gang members but with poor excuses for schools and teachers, how much hope do they have to get out of the situation they're in with the area having a 44% poverty rate and a 35% unemployment rate?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Who do y'all watch for the after debate commentary?

CNN or Fox. On CNN right now. I think many would find the commentary refreshing. Both candidates are getting dinged and praised. I flipped over to Fox immediately after and the day-time blonde was already whining about the questions. I'll try back in a bit.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    OBAMA....."no acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this nation"

Not exactly calling it an act of terror.

To be fair, YES, that sounds like it to me. Romney put himself in a position to be made to look foolish. Who ever gave him his talking points needs a butt chewing.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    My .02 worth,

Romney didn't walk away with this one. Obama was MUCH more aggressive almost Biden like a couple of times, and personally I think Romney missed several chances to knock one out of the park, Libya being one of them, Fast and Furious being another. We now know they knew almost immediately this was a terrorist attack in Libya, yet Obama still spits out the lie.

As much as I hate to admit it, it wouldn't surprise me if any lead Romney had opened up after the first debate will disappear after this second one. This ISN'T over.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    To be fair, YES, that sounds like it to me. Romney put himself in a position to be made to look foolish. Who ever gave him his talking points needs a butt chewing.

Where exactly did BHO call the attack an act of terror? Hint: he didn't

In his entire speech that was the only mention of terror. He did not say Benghazi was a terrorist attack.

But he did mention the video.

El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    Romney wants to regulate the world. In order to get China on a level playing field.
    But "government doesn't create jobs..."

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

I agree, it sounds like it, but if you're going to out somebody as a liar regarding a talking point you DAMNED well better be sure you are 1000000% correct with what was said. It's close enough to be counted against Romney on this one.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Romney wants to regulate the world. In order to get China on a level playing field.
    But "government doesn't create jobs..."

So the US should not respond to currency manipulation? We should let other countries hold down their currency to attract investment and jobs?

Getting fair exchange rate has nothing to do with the government creating jobs. It will ensure more capital remains here for investors to put into US industries.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I agree, it sounds like it, but if you're going to out somebody as a liar regarding a talking point you DAMNED well better be sure you are 1000000% correct with what was said. It's close enough to be counted against Romney on this one.

Words mean things. Obama did not say the attack was an act of terror. BHO did lie. He did not say it was an act of terror until much later. In the meantime his administration *****-footed around about the video.

It doesn't sound like a lie. It was a lie.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    To be slightly fair regarding that, a charter school pretty much turned a small portion of a neighborhood around. 100% of the kids graduated and were accepted into 4 year colleges. 96% couldn't read to grade level freshman year. Englewood isn't exactly a nice area. These kids may not have been gang members but with poor excuses for schools and teachers, how much hope do they have to get out of the situation they're in with the area having a 44% poverty rate and a 35% unemployment rate?

To be fair, Obama does not support charter schools. It's teachers are not union members and the Party cannot automatically count in their donations to the campaigns. He may have pointed to a success, but would never give credit.
    He was trying to use the question to pander and push his spend more tax dollars, the .giv is the answer policy. He touched on handguns as a nod to Silly Sarah, but his heart wasn't in that arguement. Especially since he had just stated that he "supported the 2nd", and "we have a long tradition of having firearms for sport, hunting, and self defense", which is what most agree is a handguns' main purpose.

Also, and I'm not arguing with you here, it needs to be kept in mind that Chicago is the product if Lib political hack control. The utopian community organizer who not holds the White House, is part of the reason for its problems.

Top Bottom