• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, DST is over for 2018. Back on EST from EDT. WORLD hasn’t ended. We survived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I still say make everyone operate on DST. Worldwide. Eliminate DST AND time zones. Works for the railroad and airlines!

Within a decade, folks will realize time is just a number, where some go to bed at noon, and others at 7AM. They'll get over it soon enough. No more "ohhhh! I thought the meeting was 3 Eastern time. Sorry."

Did you mean UTC? Your post seems to fit UTC more than DST.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm going to change the clocks this morning. Woke up to the wife exiting the bedroom and I said, "You know we have another hour, right?" She said, "No, I changed the bedroom clocks before I went to sleep."

:xmad: There went my notion of getting another hour of sleep.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I'm going to change the clocks this morning. Woke up to the wife exiting the bedroom and I said, "You know we have another hour, right?" She said, "No, I changed the bedroom clocks before I went to sleep."

:xmad: There went my notion of getting another hour of sleep.
    Now to get your son used to the time change.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And now I have to remember to change the time on all of my trail cameras so the critters know what time it is! :n00b:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Indiana is entirely within the Central Time Zone geographically so we should be on central time not eastern.

That is all.

I really love these discussions on DST and time zones.

Where is this tablet from God or proclamation from the King that Indiana is the Central Time Zone? The daylight is the same no matter the time man says it is.

Time zones are a political construct not a scientific fact. There is no such thing as perfect time if we are going to have time zones, some will start the day earlier in the sun on the east side of the zone and some later on the west side of the zone. What we really are discussing is choosing whether we want to be in the very late sunrise/sunset in the eastern zone or the very early sunrise/sunset in the central zone. There are no other choices. If one is a early morning person they likely wish we were in central zone, if one wants to get things done after work they likely want eastern zone.

As for the DST issue, it too is a political construct and is supported by a good majority so they can shift the traditional workday one hour ahead in the timing of the summer sun. This allows for morning work to begin later while still in the cooler part of the morning. It also allows time in the evening for fishing, golf, kids sports, just to name a few, before sunset.

Anyone complaining about changing clocks needs to donate that hour of light each day to charity. LOL

MM

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I spent 4 years in the Yorktown area of Virginia. When lighting the BBQ grill requires a flashlight, that kinda sucks.

Never tried a flashlight. I always use wooden matches. I'd imagine it would take a pretty powerful flashlight to light charcoal! Whaddaya got, like 10,000 lumens or something?? ;)

Top Bottom