• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The banter tends to be better in the spring. :boxing:

I don't think there's anyone still willing to make the claim that it makes any sense switching to a different winter schedule, even if they believe that it might have at some distant point in the past.

Even the most avid DST cheer leaders on INGO just tend to go about it quietly now, without much fuss or sass.

Of course, they'll still cheer when it's over in the spring (as they get to switch everything back to what they prefer) ...but this only serves to solidify my point that there really was no sense in switching back for those few months.

I think most can admit that maintaining such a primitive government clock wanking scheme is approaching a national embarrassment at this point and that it should simply stop. :n00b:

Set it and forget it! :cool:

Isn't it about time?

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

I don't think there's anyone still willing to make the claim that it makes any sense switching to a different winter schedule, even if they believe that it might have at some distant point in the past.

Even the most avid DST cheer leaders on INGO just tend to go about it quietly now, without much fuss or sass.

Of course, they'll still cheer when it's over in the spring (as they get to switch everything back to what they prefer) ...but this only serves to solidify my point that there really was no sense in switching back for those few months.

I think most can admit that maintaining such a primitive government clock wanking scheme is approaching a national embarrassment at this point and that it should simply stop. :n00b:

Isn't it about time?

To be fair, spring isn't when it is over, it is when it begins. As for me, it getting dark at 4PM is awesome!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    To be fair, spring isn't when it is over, it is when it begins. As for me, it getting dark at 4PM is awesome!

We were in St Louis a couple of years ago in December and granted it was raining at the time but it was completely dark at 430 pm. MAN did that suck! So let's shift the national conversation to DST and eliminate it. Shouldn't be too hard, we just link it to immigrants, trump, breaking the internet and who's boning Khloe this week and it should be a cinch!:laugh:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    We were in St Louis a couple of years ago in December and granted it was raining at the time but it was completely dark at 430 pm. MAN did that suck! So let's shift the national conversation to DST and eliminate it. Shouldn't be too hard, we just link it to immigrants, trump, breaking the internet and who's boning Khloe this week and it should be a cinch!:laugh:

I'd rather keep DST and simply make it ST (shift the clock forward an hour and leave it there). What I don't like is when DST ends, which is when that pre-5PM darkness kicks in (thanks to Winter and the ending of DST).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Spring is when the winter schedule ends. The rest of the year has become the normative schedule regardless of any labels.

When I reference DST, I mean the whole archaic system of schedule changes and clock wankery rather than just the normative season of 8 months.

I'd rather keep DST and simply make it ST (shift the clock forward an hour and leave it there). What I don't like is when DST ends, which is when that pre-5PM darkness kicks in (thanks to Winter and the ending of DST).

This is a sensible position based on the other definition of DST. :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Isn't it about time?

It's whatcha do whenya won. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Spring is when the winter schedule ends. The rest of the year has become the normative schedule regardless of any labels.

When I reference DST, I mean the whole archaic system of schedule changes and clock wankery rather than just the normative season of 8 months.

This is a sensible position based on the other definition of DST. :yesway:

I'd still go for UTC. No time zones. No clock switching. But the world doesn't bend to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Did the geniuses behind changing the dates to switch off daylight saving time consider Halloween? And if so, did they intentionally make it after Halloween to force kids to trick or treat in broad daylight?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I still wish it would work just the opposite of the way it does (if we have to have it). I want earlier daylight in the spring and summer when I want to get out and do stuff. It would still be light until 8 p.m. or later. I don't want or need daylight for 2 hours after I've gone to bed. :fogey:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Did the geniuses behind changing the dates to switch off daylight saving time consider Halloween? And if so, did they intentionally make it after Halloween to force kids to trick or treat in broad daylight?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I still wish it would work just the opposite of the way it does (if we have to have it). I want earlier daylight in the spring and summer when I want to get out and do stuff. It would still be light until 8 p.m. or later. I don't want or need daylight for 2 hours after I've gone to bed. :fogey:

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom