• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The angst this thread brings out is pretty amazing at least to me.
    Yes we were a bit off today and tomorrow may be a little worse as to the change in our schedule. I see how it effects folks. Hell everything we do has an effect.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    The angst this thread brings out is pretty amazing at least to me.
    Yes we were a bit off today and tomorrow may be a little worse as to the change in our schedule. I see how it effects folks. Hell everything we do has an effect.

Any number of things I am well aware there is, unfortunately, collateral damage involved. Life, limb, property... but there is supposed to be a greater upside.

I see no upside to anyone suffering any amount of injury for time changes.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll try lowering the angst.

iu

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any number of things I am well aware there is, unfortunately, collateral damage involved. Life, limb, property... but there is supposed to be a greater upside.

I see this and wonder why you think I would target you my friend. If I was you would be in a quote. My response was a general over view of this entire thread and my opinions on it. No one single member was a target OK. I have been following this since it’s inception. Yay/nay makes me no never mind it’s just the level of intensity that gets me.
    I have friends that will argue this as long as you let them. So yes I understand.

Our friend ATM is a master debater (please hold the humor) and can express his mind in a convincing way. It’s inspiring actually.
    Now, let’s all relax it’s over for 6 months and then we start up again. It’s an expected cycle and I am really surprised it took so long for this thread to come back to the top.
    You guys have fun just play nice OK.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And I would just say that if this bothers someone so badly they crash there car or have a heart attack then we need to look at why. Seriously. No. knock on anyone but man it ain’t that rough. Life’s tough sure.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And I would just say that if this bothers someone so badly they crash there car or have a heart attack then we need to look at why. Seriously. No. knock on anyone but man it ain’t that rough. Life’s tough sure.
    So it's ok to die of a heart attack or car crash again? I mean "every" death isn't being attributed to covid anymore has to be a good thing right? :lmfao:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I lived my entire life where the time change is a thing. As far as I can tell, only in Indiana...well, parts of Indiana, does it cause so much consternation.

Is the time change worth it on a societal level? Not? Damned if I know, but I don't care either. Twice a year I get to watch provincial natives get hot and bothered and I find it amusing. I guess it's worth it to me.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I lived my entire life where the time change is a thing. As far as I can tell, only in Indiana...well, parts of Indiana, does it cause so much consternation.

Is the time change worth it on a societal level? Not? Damned if I know, but I don't care either. Twice a year I get to watch provincial natives get hot and bothered and I find it amusing. I guess it's worth it to me.
    Right! I have never heard of any consternation about it ever here in Minnesota. Indiana is the only place I know that has any fun with it at all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just a guess on my part is it may be fueled by the fact we are populous and on the edge of major time zone line. It seems to me most of the time zone lines are not through mayor population centers like the Chicago region and Indy. That fuels a constant debate as to which time zone to belong to that will never be settled…

Top Bottom