• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Welcome back! We now have sunsets later in the evening after work.
    That had already been happening gradually and naturally (as designed) since the winter solstice.

There is simply no sense or benefit in artificially jumping so far ahead of that natural process, back and forth twice each year by changing all these schedules and coonfingering the clocks to pretend otherwise. No sense and no benefit to overcome the costs associated with continuing such an unnatural and antiquated practice.

You're not saving time ...you're on borrowed time. :@ya:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    See, we all lived through the very traumatic shift to DST…

No animals were harmed in the creation of this post…
    Except for those that didn't. The increase in heart attacks and traffic accidents at these silly changes are quite real.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Simple. In the winter, days are short, weather is ******, and there isn't daylight to be had very early in the morning anyway. But, in the summer, the sun rises early enough on the clock, even with DST, for me to do stuff outside when I need to. And since I work from home, my workday starts early. I don't need daylight for that. When I'm off work and have things to do outside, I like having the daylight on that side of work. YMMV.

Probably if I were retired, I wouldn't bother much with clocks anyway. The world could keep whatever time it wanted.

18 states have legislation already passed awaiting end of the federal mandate

28 states have legislation pending - that's 46 out of 50

Any state could elect to stay on standard time year round without a change in gov't policy required, as do AZ and HI, but most states wanting to do away with clock change want to go be on DST year round

63% of all people polled want to pick one or the other and just leave it, just like most of us on INGO

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...63% of all people polled want to pick one or the other and just leave it, just like most of us on INGO
    Aye!

Not sure I really believe that…
    You're welcome to examine and critique the evidence, but your beliefs alone are of little consequence to the larger discussion of the associated costs of these biannual changes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

"There is about a 24 percent rise in heart attacks, there is about a six-to-eight percent rise in stroke rate. The day after the change, there is about six percent rise in car accidents," she said. "People who struggle the most and need to be really careful are the night owls or the late starters. They have extreme trouble adapting to this change."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

"There is about a 24 percent rise in heart attacks, there is about a six-to-eight percent rise in stroke rate. The day after the change, there is about six percent rise in car accidents," she said. "People who struggle the most and need to be really careful are the night owls or the late starters. They have extreme trouble adapting to this change."
    Seems a lot of uncorroborated beliefs at the link. We all know the peer review system is broken and studies are often bought and paid for by interests…

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Darwin is just quietly nodding his head.

Top Bottom