• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The catheter story made me tear up. I remember having one removed after I woke. Very very painful coming out. never had one put in while I was awake.

When my daughter was 6 months old...she had a blood draw done. She was dehydrated and the veins were small and they were literally digging in her arm to find one. She was screaming. I was about to punch someone...but she was younger. Doctor said they were dumbasses for trying to get more blood.

I can only imagine your pain as you watched your daughter go thru that. My heart goes out to you. The happier pics were much needed to offset that middle of the night story.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I also cannot watch things being done to my kids...even now that they are adults.

Awesome updates!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm glad there's no more caths!
    its great that she can smile like that in all the pics.
    Like I said before, she's tougher than an ugly dirty biker!!!!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm so glad your daughter is doing better. I showed my wife this thread and we're both pulling for your family and for a quick recovery.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great progress! Sounds like she's feeling enough like her old self and has enough appetite to want what sounds like one of her favorite dishes.

Once you guys go home, how long till she gets to go back to school?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am glad to hear that food is sounding good to her! A great sign of progress.

There appears to be two (2) options for Olive Garden for you. The first is on Michigan Ave just North of 465 and the other is off of Hwy 36 about halfway between 465 and Avon.

Keep up the progress and home by the weekend!

Doug

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you for the updates and sharing.
    You have support,even from Minnesota(granted we are from Indiana until recently) :)
    Our family wishes you a speedy recovery!

Took a picture this morning you can share with your daughter.Mom with twins.Your daughter smiling though is a better picture :)
    a185y.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This brings back a flood of memories. What a blessing that your little girl is recovering so well. She's going to have a day here and there when she looks worse, but I think that's just part of how they heal. You can't keep kids down! Still praying for you guys.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Are mom and dad in need of some real food?

one of the best things anyone did for us was when my friend picked me up from Riley, about 6 days into our stay, and took me to a hibachi up in castleton. The time away, the friendship, the good food all made a huge difference for my morale. Just say the word and my wife and I are at your service. That is, if mbills doesn't get there first.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Thanks guys, but we just ordered Dominos. Kyndale is resting and mom is catching up on everything with friends on the phone.

She had quite a few guests today so mom and I got away for a couple of hours, it was nice just to sit and relax for a while. We really appreciate everything all of you have done, everything has been amazing.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Been in & out the last couple of days and haven't been following, but this is an awesome little girl. Glad to see her doing so well :)

Top Bottom