• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The 8:00 photo of her smiling made me smile, too. I am so happy that things are working out well. She will start walking tomorrow and your world will change back to normalcy. My son has had three open heart surgeries at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. Each time they had him walking the day after. The old people (patients) there always were amazed about how well he was doing because they were in so much pain. The little ones don't dwell on the pain and spring back really quick. God bless.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Awesome news!! :rockwoot:Those cheeks are priceless - looking forward to hearing she has her drain out and up and walking - enjoy your night - man I gotta dust in here...

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Do you need anything??

Thank you, but I think we're perfect at the moment. I did go over to the Ronald McDonald house today and checked out. The wife and I haven't left her room and don't plan on it anytime soon. Give me a choice between a quiet comfortable bed away from her or an uncomfortable recliner that's like a rock 2 feet away from her and I'll choose number 2 every time. I figured there was another family that could use It more than we could. So we'll be on the couch and chair from here on out.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you, but I think we're perfect at the moment. I did go over to the Ronald McDonald house today and checked out. The wife and I haven't left her room and don't plan on it anytime soon. Give me a choice between a quiet comfortable bed away from her or an uncomfortable recliner that's like a rock 2 feet away from her and I'll choose number 2 every time. I figured there was another family that could use It more than we could. So we'll be on the couch and chair from here on out.

Remember you are going to need some rest. When she get home you will be busy for a while! As she gets off the morphine her stomach will feel better. It can be really hard on the stomach. It sound like she is going really good! So glad to hear it!

She is such a pretty young lady with a strong spirit and lots of love!! Best wishes from the 1911ly family.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Baldguy637,

I am glad to see her awake and alert!

Do tell her Doug is a bit disappointed she has thrown my prediction off a tad... But I will live with it as long as she is doing better!

I like to think of it this way - healing is like riding a train in a tunnel. As long as someone is NOT getting worse, they are by default getting better with time. As the time passes the cells in the body are healing and doing what they need to do to grow and become stronger. This then affects the organs which are healing and improving. Therefore, there is a good light at the end of the tunnel that means recovery is on its way and inevitable. It just takes time.

From the sounds of it you may want to pass on the breathing exercises and just watch silly movies. Laughter can be a great healer and in this case improve the breathing at the same time. Oh yes, and ice cream. Scientific studies have proven that ice cream is a great healer for children of all ages. And when the kids smile so do moms and dads everywhere.

All the best and keep us in the loop on progress.

Kind Regards,

Doug

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry to hear about the catheter. I don't think those are pleasant for anyone. She is in good hands up there and they know what they are doing. You and momma bear need to take care of yourselves too. Once you are through these first couple of days you'll have your work cut out for you and need to be there for your daughter. Don't try to be a hero...make sure you are eating and sleeping and taking care of yourselves. Prayers continuing for you guys.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Brother, I am going to give you some advice. It is not the kind of thing you want to hear, or what you want to do, but I am firmly convinced that you should do this.

I think you should leave the hospital for a little while and eat something and go to sleep. I know you want to be right there with your wife and daughter. That is natural.

The reality is that you are in for a long run. You need to keep yourself up and functioning. Your daughter needs her father and her mother. She will need you for the rest of your lives. If you run yourself totally down, you might become ill yourself or you might get too tired and end up in a traffic accident that could remove you from your daughter's life forever.

Right now your daughter is down and you and your wife are up. You need to keep you and your wife functioning. Suck it up and go somewhere else and sleep for at lest five hours, more is better.

The reason I say that you must leave the hospital to get some sleep is because you won't sleep at the hospital, I have been there. I have spent many nights in the hospital with family members over past few years and I have learned to trade off with other family members and get out of the hospital to eat and sleep. You might feel guilty about taking time for yourself and sleeping and eating away from her, but suck it up. It is best for her if you remain sharp and healthy and you need to get some real sleep and food to take care of yourself.

All of the above applies to your wife too. If she is staying there all the time, you guys need to take turns leaving to sleep and sitting with her. Really man, you need to do this. You get some sleep away from the hospital and make your wife do the same. If you are both exhausted, you might miss something important that you would have caught if you were rested.

I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, but I have spent many nights sitting with family in the hospital and your waking up every 2 hours for vitals and snapping awake every 5 minutes as she moans or shifts in bed will lead to exhaustion and that opens the door to a host of other problems.

Seriously man, talk to your wife and get each one of you out of that hospital room for sleep and food. Your daughter needs you and your wife to get some rest.

Think it over, you will both be better able to serve your daughter if you and your wife are rested (or at least not totally exhausted).

Good luck man and keep posting pics of your sunshiney smiling daughter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Continuing thoughts and prayers from here to for your daughter, wife and you. Bubba is right thouigh. You need to take care of yourselves (you and your wife). There will be ups and downs, but the downs will slowly be replaced by the ups. She'll need both of you to be strong and healthy for her. She's in good hands with the staff, and with all the prayers from your INGO family, she's going to be just fine. :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bubba is right. Get some rest and food. Your family needs you for the long haul. Leave the hospital, sleep, get back in it so mom can do the same.

Praying.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    She's strong baldguy. Ask the doctor for something for yourself to relax. Maybe they won't give it to you. If not cal your own doc and get something called in. It will help.
    it hurts me to hear about her having rough time now so I know it's killing you and your wife. Think of the good times to come though. Your daughter is gonna have a great life and this experience will only strengthen your bond with her.

Top Bottom