• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Brother, I am going to give you some advice. It is not the kind of thing you want to hear, or what you want to do, but I am firmly convinced that you should do this.

I think you should leave the hospital for a little while and eat something and go to sleep. I know you want to be right there with your wife and daughter. That is natural.

I agree with Bubba. At the very least: get outside, get some fresh air, get some good coffee. Just clear your head for a bit.

The advice to get some sleep away from the hospital room is good advice, but if I'm in your shoes, I don't think I would take it, either.

Right now, I'm praying more for mom and dad. Y'all are going to need it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It is good to see that things are better this morning! I agree with the others though. Spell each other and get breaks away. She is in good hands. When my son was in the hospital with a major asthma attack for a week, I would not leave his room unless another family member was there to be with him and keep him calm. I felt guilty leaving him, but it sure felt good to go home and take a shower in my own bathroom and get some clean close, real food, etc. Even if it is just for a couple of hours...get out and take a break. She knows you are there for her and love her.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Great news. I just want to let you know it drives me nuts when there's so much time between updates! I understand you have more important issues though.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Fantastic news! I'm so happy that she (and you) are doing so much better this morning.

And bacon makes everything better! :rockwoot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great updates...sounds like you guys have had a good morning. And who doesn't feel better after having some bacon! Man it is great seeing her smile, and hope that is helping you guys smile a bit too.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I had a child in the hospital for seven days .....I lost 15 pounds .......It's always good to look at the upside . ..( Every thing is great now ) :)

Good luck and God bless .

badapples

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Jennings County
    great to hear she is starting to feel better baldguy. you can't go wrong with eggs and bacon. my wife, my daughter, and i keep saying a little prayer every night.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Hey baldguy637! I tried to send this as a PM, but because I lurk more than post, I do not have the required 50 posts to send a PM. I have been following the thread about your daughter. We have been praying for you all. I would be willing to send a care package to the hospital if there are any items that would be helpful while you are at the hospital. Obviously, I understand if giving out your last name would not be something you would want to do. But if there are items such as toiletries, snacks, books, stuffed animals, toys, etc. that would help your stay at the hospital be more tolerable, please feel free to ask. I would assume you can send me a private message even though I don't have 50 posts.:dunno:

Ben aka Reagan40

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I cringed when I read the midnight-30 update and my heart goes out to you, as that's something that I'm sure you'd rather endure yourself than watch her suffer through--I know I would in your shoes.

Then, for some odd reason, as I scrolled up to actually look at the newer updates, I got this HUGE smile on my face from just seeing how happy she looks in the pics. That's one tough and resilient girl ya got there!

Thanks for the awesome morning updates. Seeing her all happy looking with the breakfast bacon and all just made my day.

I hope she--and you all--have an increasingly good day!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Incredible that in less than 48 hours from when she had MAJOR surgery, that she's able to do arts and crafts like that. It boggles my mind that medicine has advanced to that point. So glad to see her up and moving around and smiling!

Top Bottom