• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    As do I. Is it you're position that the BLM movement is a racist one?

What other conclusion can one draw when the very name of the organization implies one race in particular matters more than others and that implication is backed by verbal assaults when the phrase is altered to "ALL lives matter"?

Edited to answer the question more fully: I think the "movement" is a progressive one, targeted and marketed to attract racists in order to create strife for political and financial gain.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    See my post above....and yes, people associated with movement have already denounced it.

Yeah, I was tracking what you and Jamil were saying. And I'm on board with you. I was saying that in the sense that it will make a big difference for them on how quickly they get out in front of this. Glad to hear there has been positive response. Maybe they have, but something needs to be said about protesters dancing at the news of dead cops. Hopefully some folks in that crowd wake up this morning and realize "what just happened last night? It's time to grow up!"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, what we know:

3 in custody, not talking
    4th dead
    14 shot (12 officers, 2 civilians)

Some pictures floating around with a timeframe for a cop "purge", so... should we expect more to happen in the short-term?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So, what we know:

3 in custody, not talking
    4th dead
    14 shot (12 officers, 2 civilians)

Some pictures floating around with a timeframe for a cop "purge", so... should we expect more to happen in the short-term?

That Twitter exchange Printcraft posted leaves on wondering what else is on the way.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Prayers sent for the officers and their families.

The gun control drums are already beating.

Is it time to start panic buying now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Using violence to provoke a desired action on the opposing side. I wouldn't say they all are, but they're closer to domestic terrorist than the NRA.

I think this is true. It may not be the goal of everyone in BLM, but they've done more to escalate violence than the NRA. The left has just done everything it can to turn the NRA into the face of violence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What other conclusion can one draw when the very name of the organization implies one race in particular matters more than others and that implication is backed by verbal assaults when the phrase is altered to "ALL lives matter"?

There's no "only" listed in that movement. If one was to say Spotted Owls lives, Siberian Tiger lives, or Sea Turtle "lives mattered," is that a dismissal of the lives of all other owls, tigers, and turtles? Or is it an attempt to bring attention to the environmental status of group of animals I first listed?
    Of course this will probably only make sense to me, but whatever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Using violence to provoke a desired action on the opposing side. I wouldn't say they all are, but they're closer to domestic terrorist than the NRA.

That's not saying much. I dislike the NRA, but I don't see how domestic terrorism, at least in the past 50+ years (if ever) is applied to them.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I've seen something to that affect as well and it has me scratching my head. How much preparation is needed to throw on a vest, grab a rifle, and roll? Even if you have to load up a few mags, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes?

I think the point the media is implying is that the ONLY reason to ALREADY own tactical gear, body armor, a semi-auto rifle, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition is because you are planning something bad. The idea that someone would already have this type of equipment WITHOUT any specific plans to attack someone or something is completely foreign to them.

It is along the same lines as the media idea that anyone with more than one gun and 10 rounds of ammunition has an "arsenal".

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Yeah, that part is easy. The training shows preparation.
    Not necessarily, if the suspects already had a military background or grew up using guns (maybe hunting) then their training would irrelevant to the planning. If they had the training before they got the idea to do the shooting, then it wasn't part of the planning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Follow the agenda.

This is true. Guys like Jesse Jackson called the Baton Rouge shooting a "legal lynching." If my tv wasn't so expensive, I'd have kicked it over. I still think to shooting looked bad, personally, but I don't believe, for a second, these guys wanted to kill Sterling simply for being black.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's not saying much. I dislike the NRA, but I don't see how domestic terrorism, at least in the past 50+ years (if ever) is applied to them.
    Them being the Dallas shooters, or the NRA? The NRA has been labeled domestic terrorists by the left for the last decade or so. But I don't recall any NRA protests ending with dead cops.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not necessarily, if the suspects already had a military background or grew up using guns (maybe hunting) then their training would irrelevant to the planning. If they had the training before they got the idea to do the shooting, then it wasn't part of the planning.

These guys picked differing elevated shooting locations, that allowed both a solid place to put rounds on target, were able to get to their locations without creating alarm, and held officers at bay/searching for them, for hours. Luck or skill, a fair bit of planning had to be involved.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

The dude that ran around the pillar and shot the cop was good. It looks like they may have all been good. You have to search out other good people, either by radicalizing the ones you know, or finding other trained radicals. I can see what you're saying if this was a lone gunman. But this was a team, and 4 trained people don't make a team.

Top Bottom