• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    On a larger scale, it'll take a lot more than this to destabilize our society. I know it's not an equal comparison, but I'm hopeful that post-9/11 "come togetherness" will emerge from this in some way.

Unrelated: Super bad luck to the guy that brought his AR-15 to the protest as a 2A demonstration. You definitely don't want to be that guy when someone else starts shooting. Good thing that was cleared up with police in a peaceful manner. Wrong place, wrong time. Turned himself in to police the minute he became a "person of interest"

Considering the circumstances, big kudos to the police that it was cleared up in a peaceful manner.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    On a larger scale, it'll take a lot more than this to destabilize our society. I know it's not an equal comparison, but I'm hopeful that post-9/11 "come togetherness" will emerge from this in some way.

Unrelated: Super bad luck to the guy that brought his AR-15 to the protest as a 2A demonstration. You definitely don't want to be that guy when someone else starts shooting. Good thing that was cleared up with police in a peaceful manner. Wrong place, wrong time. Turned himself in to police the minute he became a "person of interest"
    I bet he had to change his pants afterwards. And I bet he'll have high blood pressure for the rest of the year. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Republicans rip Obama focus on gun control after Dallas - POLITICO

"Now is definitely not the time to get political," the former Republican presidential candidate and Donald Trump surrogate told "Fox & Friends" when asked about Obama's comments. "Now is the time to use logic and ask ourselves, why do we have a Constitution? Why do we have a Second Amendment? They’re always saying you don't need a high powered weapon to hunt deer. The Constitution is not about deer hunting. It's about people being able to defend themselves from an overly aggressive government or an external invasion."
    Asked what he would say as president, Carson said he would ask the country to "imagine 24 or 48 hours with no police. What would your life be like?"

Read more: Republicans rip Obama focus on gun control after Dallas - POLITICO
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Considering the circumstances, big kudos to the police that it was cleared up in a peaceful manner.

From the interview of his brother the Kudos go to the 2A rifle carrier. He immediately recognized the situation he was in and figured out a way to "surrender" without getting shot. Got the gun to his brother who got it to the police in a non-confrontational manner. A later interview sounds like the police jacked him over pretty poorly although a huge high stress, high emotion night I would give the police a little lee way. Guy is probably owed an apology later.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If the activists aren't pleased with how "some" of their organization is doing business they could always create a new organization to separate themselves from the activities they don't represent. I'll wait here.
    If I joined an organization and it turned out to represent something I disagree with then I'd be out the door real quickly.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Mayor says a total of 12 officers were shot, as well as two civilians.

A 7-11 was also looted during the mayhem.

"Hey guys, how can we really show these cops we mean business?"

"I know! You know that 7-11 where they have all those frozen drinks and gum?! Lets loot the place!"

"YEAH! That'll show them!"

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This is disgusting. So we're up to 5 dead. People should be pissed about this.

Im waiting to see if BLM denounces this...

Where they got their training is an interesting mystery. I wonder how it would be explained away if it was from an ISIS camp in Mexico, and the weapons are from the ATF Gun Runner gaff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As do I. Is it you're position that the BLM movement is a racist one?

Racially biased, as a whole, yes. Racist as a whole, no. Some are racist, some are not. I saw a lot of examples of the latter last night during the coverage. I think the racially biased far outnumber the racists.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Willie Geist on the Today Show just reported at least one of them was wearing tactical gear and that this showed perhaps a long period of preparation.

I've seen something to that affect as well and it has me scratching my head. How much preparation is needed to throw on a vest, grab a rifle, and roll? Even if you have to load up a few mags, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When the leaders with the bull horns start chants like "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon", the people in the crowds need to be like, "WTF? No."

The racists I think lead the racially biased into supporting things they wouldn't normally support.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've seen something to that affect as well and it has me scratching my head. How much preparation is needed to throw on a vest, grab a rifle, and roll? Even if you have to load up a few mags, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes?

Videos of the shooter apparently show well-trained movement. Did things that a typical civilian with a gun and a few hours of tacticool youtube videos wouldn't do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think it's not that simple.

Not at all. BLM, is a movement, not an organization... similar, in some fashion, to how the Civil Rights movement wasn't a cohesive organization, but a movement which CONTAINED a great many organizations and factions.
    Look at it this way Phylo, I admit I'm a part of thin blue line, I imagine that you probably are too.... but does that mean, we support cops doing wrong, or at the minimum have a blind eye to their wrongdoing? We both know that's a commonly held misconception about ALL officers, and while their is some merit to it, it doesn't apply to us universally. I hope that makes sense to you.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Exactly. The media always talks about how much planning it would take. Provided you have the proper training, planning would/could be minimal.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Yeah, that part is easy. The training shows preparation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is disgusting. So we're up to 5 dead. People should be pissed about this.

Im waiting to see if BLM denounces this...

Where they got their training is an interesting mystery. I wonder how it would be explained away if it was from an ISIS camp in Mexico, and the weapons are from the ATF Gun Runner gaff.

See my post above....and yes, people associated with movement have already denounced it.

Top Bottom