• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Chalk him up as being just as bad as the ignorant wing of BLM.

It's the kind of stuff we say from emotion after something like this happens. We're pissed, and some of us are not so great at controlling what we say. Same for the stupid things BLM says. But what happened last night, those shootings, wasn't that. I'm not sure what it was, but it wasn't just blowing off steam.

Nothing like a moron pouring gasoline on the fire.

It's no different from things a lot of us say. We get pissed. We say **** that we have no intention on carrying out.

There's a proportional responsibility people take as they have more notoriety. A former congressional schmuck and talk radio host has a larger responsibility for what he says than, say, jamil. But--not that I share Walsh's sentiment--I don't barf out my every thought on twitter. He might consider adopting that policy as well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    13606992_212701552458862_2139364163617959461_n_zpseb6og3tx.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no normal side. It's a terrorist organization.

I think there are members and participants of BLM who are just activists. When we consider the circumstances that brought it about and gave it national clout, Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, it seems obvious there are subversive elements at the leadership. I think those subversive elements pray on the "normal side" to exploit them. There IS a normal side. And there IS a terrorist side.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a reminder before we get any deeper into this.
    We are all very involved as we watch these things happen.
    What it says about the state our society and where it is heading brings out the emotions and anxiety's.

Please continue the conversation in a civil manner.

Thanks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think there are members and participants of BLM who are just activists. When we consider the circumstances that brought it about and gave it national clout, Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, it seems obvious there are subversive elements at the leadership. I think those subversive elements pray on the "normal side" to exploit them. There IS a normal side. And there IS a terrorist side.

If the activists aren't pleased with how "some" of their organization is doing business they could always create a new organization to separate themselves from the activities they don't represent. I'll wait here.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Willie Geist on the Today Show just reported at least one of them was wearing tactical gear and that this showed perhaps a long period of preparation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the activists aren't pleased with how "some" of their organization is doing business they could always create a new organization to separate themselves from the activities they don't represent. I'll wait here.

I think it's not that simple.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just a reminder before we get any deeper into this.
    We are all very involved as we watch these things happen.
    What it says about the state our society and where it is heading brings out the emotions and anxiety's.

Please continue the conversation in a civil manner.

Thanks.

On a larger scale, it'll take a lot more than this to destabilize our society. I know it's not an equal comparison, but I'm hopeful that post-9/11 "come togetherness" will emerge from this in some way.

Unrelated: Super bad luck to the guy that brought his AR-15 to the protest as a 2A demonstration. You definitely don't want to be that guy when someone else starts shooting. Good thing that was cleared up with police in a peaceful manner. Wrong place, wrong time. Turned himself in to police the minute he became a "person of interest"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On a larger scale, it'll take a lot more than this to destabilize our society. I know it's not an equal comparison, but I'm hopeful that post-9/11 "come togetherness" will emerge from this in some way

I to hope this brings people together. As we remain divided we are easier pray.

Top Bottom