• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually it was concerning, but I'm not a cop and I don't really know what the protocols are when approaching a guy flinging around what appears to be a firearm. And, we're discussing race and not jackbootiness.

Here's another view....
    https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=64doDjNg8ts

He walks around the store with the gun, which admittedly looks real, but there doesn't seem to be any panic on the part of any of the other customers in the store. Officers said they told him to drop the weapon, but I'm not convinced he heard them or was even aware of their presence.

Is this due to race? Who knows, but people have been seen with long guns in stores before, and made it out alive. One instance doesn't make it racial, but when you have several events with iffy circumstances, it does make one wonder.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Here's another view....
    https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=64doDjNg8ts

He walks around the store with the gun, which admittedly looks real, but there doesn't seem to be any panic on the part of any of the other customers in the store. Officers said they told him to drop the weapon, but I'm not convinced he heard them or was even aware of their presence.

**Is this due to race? Who knows, but people have been seen with long guns in stores before, and made it out alive. One instance doesn't make it racial, but when you have several events with iffy circumstances, it does make one wonder.**

Kut, I think there are quite a few (in number... it's a big country) police shootings with "iffy circumstances" affecting people of all colors. Only some make national headlines, and to be honest, if the deceased is black and the officer white, it automatically becomes bigger news. It's hard to tell through that "distortion lens" whether it is predominately racial or not. Some of it absolutely is.

In my opinion, the problem is stated more or less like the following... we have 700,000 absolutely peerless, sterling sworn law enforcement officers in this country. The problem is that there are 765,000 sworn law enforcement officers in this country. There are bad apples in that barrel, and as a none LEO, I think other officers are aware of the bad ones and the ones who just aren't cut out for law enforcement.

BLM doesn't always choose their battles wisely an closes ranks when they, rationally, shouldn't. The same can be said for the "blue wall" closing ranks and protecting those who probably never should have had a badge to begin with on some occasions.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shots reported, scene escalated, cops have guns drawn and are running to/away from something

Dallas police HQ, SWAT on scene

Abbot should make it clear if BLM is actively making threats, this is a domestic terror situation. Assert control over situation and let terrorists know clearly they will be given no quarter, and shot on sight.

Edit: Houston group made threats against Dallas police. One of their phones may have "pinged" in garage behind police department

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd be curious how often gunman/bombers who actually act call in anonymous threats before hand.

Yeah, this happens pretty often. Just causing stress/fear without actually carrying anything out. There are false bomb threats made all the time.

So hopefully that's all this is. They may have upgraded it to "credible" only because it's so close to the DPD HQ.

Edit: police are looking for a man on top of or inside a DPD parking garage that has no public access. Sharp shooters ready

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Gunman, more often then you'd think due to "suicide by cop" set ups. Don't know about bombers.

Right, but in most instances those guys aren't intent on doing harm correct? Only appearing to be a threat and thus put down. The others will just find an officer shoot it out and get killed, they don't tend to inform first.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    bb gun? How about kids with bb guns? Inexperience doesn't proclaim racism (or 'kidism' in those instances) imo.
    In any event, it appears that this isn't going to be easier decision making for police here on out with people targeting police at random.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    bb gun? How about kids with bb guns? Inexperience doesn't proclaim racism (or 'kidism' in those instances) imo.
    In any event, it appears that this isn't going to be easier decision making for police here on out with people targeting police at random.

Certainly not. Unfortunately it makes it more dangerous for everybody.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Watching live: Live | KDFW

The college-looking white kid acting like a ***** on the ground in front of the memorial needs to shut the **** up, he's irritating as hell.

Top Bottom