• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This type of rhetoric is exactly the type that makes black people think white people target them.

Kut....there could well be a bit of truth here.
    No I have no links or printed proof just a gut feeling that some of these groups are puppets guided by those who would see this come to pass.

Divided we will be so much easier to conquer. Just something that seems plausible.

Some groups enjoy being targets. Not literally but focused on I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will once again leave a note here that emotions are running high.....again.

The entire staff is monitoring these threads. Please folks, stick around.

Beyond this I will say no more.

Carry on or take a break.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This type of rhetoric is exactly the type that makes black people think white people target them.

That's true. Doesn't help matters at all. It just further divides us. And speaking of what doesn't help, and what further divides, Obama's lecturing makes it worse. Hillary's lecturing makes it worse. BLM actually isn't helping their cause either. They're making further divisions by the very name.

Que gave a pretty good explanation for why it's 'black lives matter' instead of 'all lives matter'. I accept his explanation even though I don't agree that it does anything to solve the problems. That meaning is lost on most white people. We just come from a different world view that interprets that as racist. BLM, the very name, does not bridge the gap with the people who need the bridge. It makes the gulf even wider.

Something else I've been thinking about. What makes an Asian cop so jumpy that he shoots a black man who's just informed him he's carrying? Hmm? Racism? I doubt it. Bias? Sure. Stereotype? Absolutely. But why? How did the stereotype get in his mind? What made him fear a black man? Prejudices? Probably, to an extent. But how much of the stereotype is earned by the blacks that a cop is most likely to interact with in his daily job? Did he have more negative interactions with blacks than positive? Classical conditioning just happens.

So now, after Dallas, after further threats against cops on social media, how much more jumpy will officers be now? What has BLM done to ease those tensions? What has Obama done? Hillary? Trump? Man, this is just going the wrong way. We're becoming more divided. I thought race relations were bad in the 70s. I remember race riots at school. Every year. But now? This just feels even worse. And BLM, regardless of good intentions, is right there exacerbating the problem.

Both sides need a collective open dialogue free from judging. Air it out. Admit what's wrong and what's right on both sides. But I don't see any willingness to do that. I just see people trying to force their stubbornness into the fray.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut....there could well be a bit of truth here.
    No I have no links or printed proof just a gut feeling that some of these groups are puppets guided by those who would see this come to pass.

Divided we will be so much easier to conquer. Just something that seems plausible.

Some groups enjoy being targets. Not literally but focused on I think.

Some people DO, enjoy being targeted, even on INGO, we have a number of people who love being the white, male, straight, Christian "victim." But on the flip side of that coin, there are plenty of people, regardless of the side they choose to identify, that enjoy targeting people, placing blame, and pointing fingers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Have we heard officially what rifle type he used? Originally they were talking scoped bolt action. I just saw an article that it might have been an AR15 but wasn't confirmed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have we heard officially what rifle type he used? Originally they were talking scoped bolt action. I just saw an article that it might have been an AR15 but wasn't confirmed.

That may have been just wistful reporting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I heard it was a high powered weapon. Heard it directly from Obama himself.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

One of the videos showed the shooter clear enough to tell that it was a semiauto long gun of some type, definitely not a bolt gun, at least not for the part I saw.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some people DO, enjoy being targeted, even on INGO, we have a number of people who love being the white, male, straight, Christian "victim." But on the flip side of that coin, there are plenty of people, regardless of the side they choose to identify, that enjoy targeting people, placing blame, and pointing fingers.

True.
    Any group that takes on these agendas has to know they will be targets.
    Race/religion are the great dividers. Oh, and Abortion.
    If you want to stir up the locals start a conversation/thread on any of the 3.
    Might start out civil and with good intent.
    Never seems to end this way.
    Had breakfast with a very trusted and long time friend today. He is a mature man of color. Safest way I can say it.
    We discussed a lot of this madness. We have no answers. I see his points/opinions and he sees mine.
    My SIL is also a young man of color. We have these discussions. Again, we find no answers.
    I grew up through the 1st busing in the Indy area.
    Strange and emotional times. Got into more than my share of fights when I refused to be bullied. "They" wanted things "Their" way. Simple as that.
    Eventually gained enough respect they left me along. When I refer to "They" am I making a racist statement. I know who "They" were as do "They". In truth it was us against them. I sure did not want that. My entire 2nd half of High School was stood on it's side. Not my choice just the way it was.
    I am only pointing out that things can be skewed and twisted to fit an opinion or make a point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I'm doubting the SKS, unless it was converted to take mags. AR would seem like the platform of choice for him. If he could afford body armor, and a gun club membership, odds are he wouldn't cheap out with an SKS.

How far was he away from his intended targets...???

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    This I STRONGLY disagree with. LE should qualify their presence, and for BLM protests, that qualification is evident. To use LE as a threat, is NOT the way to go. Nothing good can come from that posturing. Safety of self, the public, and property....that's it, that's our task, not to be a blunt object to pummel fear into our citizens.
    I know you're pissed and speaking from emotion, but let's no lose sight of what we do and how we do it, properly.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ as USUAL, Kut, YOU have hit the nail, on the head .....

And, I agree 100% !!!!

Top Bottom