• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't seen anyone try to blame this on the NRA yet, but it's still early.

Well. That didn't take long. While not necessarily mentioning the NRA, the congressional black caucus is trying to lay this at the feet of the GOP. They're calling for more gun control, as was AG Lynch this morning. You can practically set your watch to it.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=nHw8R9sFtZU[/video]

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Well. That didn't take long. While not necessarily mentioning the NRA, the congressional black caucus is trying to lay this at the feet of the GOP. They're calling for more gun control, as was AG Lynch this morning. You can practically set your watch to it.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=nHw8R9sFtZU[/video]

Obama first public comments about the Dallas shooting contained gun control talk as well. These people just don't get it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Obama first public comments about the Dallas shooting contained gun control talk as well. These people just don't get it.

Oh no. They get it and they know exactly what they are doing. The difficulty is ours in not recognizing this. There'll be "some of ours" writing up compromise gun control bills. We need to be ready to viciously oppose this.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why do they always get blamed?

250px-Lonegun.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    BREAKING: Authorities: Man called 911 in south Georgia to report break-in, then ambushed, shot officer who came to investigate.

And they still put out the manifesto from Dallas... Hopefully this was not directly related.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bingo. I spent 10 years in broadcast news. Ratings and ad dollars are the driving force behind all of it.

They run divisive stories about things like gun control, abortion, crime, racism and violence because it drives eyeballs to the TV and clicks to the website, which means more ad money.

These are the go-to topics because EVERYONE has an opinion on them. The media doesn't care what side of the issue you are on. They only care that you're on one of them.
    I believe a good term to use for the media's involvement would be "Perpetuation for Profit" They should not get a pass for the role that they play.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Dallas tragedy has me thinking the summer is just starting to ramp up. Sure hope I'm wrong.
    Prayers to LEO's everywhere.

Top Bottom