Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Hey RR, sorry about calling you names...sort of. :laugh6: I get cranky when I think I'm done buying guns for awhile and someone puts one in my hands and makes me want it.

We spent about 3.5 hours at the range. First on the rifle range and then moved over to the pistol bay...that's where the trouble began. I put my AR9 pistol with suppressor in RR's hands and he paid me back by handing me his CZ 97B. Now we both want new guns and I started the verbal abuse.

Then 88 came over and we handed him the AR9 and now he's rethinking not needing a PCC.

All in all it was a great day at the range. Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Met gregkl this morning. He brought the Leupold glass he was selling up to the mouse compound. Shared good conversation over a cup and I have a new to me optic for the current AR project taking up the bench.

Beyond that it has been a NADA day.
    We done NADA.

Greg's good people. He meets up with 88 and I occasionally for breakfast and the range.

Hey RR, sorry about calling you names...sort of. :laugh6: I get cranky when I think I'm done buying guns for awhile and someone puts one in my hands and makes me want it.

We spent about 3.5 hours at the range. First on the rifle range and then moved over to the pistol bay...that's where the trouble began. I put my AR9 pistol with suppressor in RR's hands and he paid me back by handing me his CZ 97B. Now we both want new guns and I started the verbal abuse.

Then 88 came over and we handed him the AR9 and now he's rethinking not needing a PCC.

Nothing that wasn't true. Back at ya Mr side charger man.

I had a great time. All 3 of us made progress on the rifle bench today turning turrets.

Now I'm even more sorry I didn't make it, but at least I'm not itching to buy a new gun ATM... ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Nothing that wasn't true. Back at ya Mr side charger man.

I had a great time. All 3 of us made progress on the rifle bench today turning turrets.

EXCELLENT ! :alright:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Good afternoon friends
    Birds Away (BA) Rick wants to thank all of you who have sent thought's and prayers for him and it means a lot that you are thinking of him and he appreciates the offers of help from close friends from Ingo & the CZickiness crowd. He is going through a tough time with his cancer fight and is very weak and crappy along with loosing a lot of weight now down into the 170's. Another result is that his immune system is next to nothing.
    Rarely does he feel like getting on the computer or doing anything at all. It is a task to make it to the kitchen to make something to eat and knowing that he will not be able to eat much if it. Recently he decided to stop the chemo treatments because they are not showing any positive results and only causing extreme pain and many side effects. He is starting a cancer trial of amino acid therapy that is supposed to ease some of the pain and make things a little more bearable.
    His brother Dan stops by regularly to help him out and keep him stocked on food or anything he needs and I am availably when needed.
    Man I hate to hear him going through this. I appreciate the update, we all think about him regularly. If there is anything I can help with please let me know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, today was probably the longest non-xGE range trip I’ve had. Maybe longest. Shootapalooza runs all day too.

I ran 50 rounds through the 716 using the Christensen break in methodology which is 2 3 shot groups, then clean and repeat for 50 rounds. In the end, I was able to pull a nice group that was probably sub-MOA but the optic needs dialed in with proper ammo. The break in procedure was done using some FMJ M80 ammo that did not impress with accuracy. It will be fun to run the rest of this on the steel at 200 yards but I’d never trust it beyond that. The last bit of ammo run was some high end stuff that I picked up off of Tarzan. At the end of the day, I had run 60 rounds through the new rifle in 3 hours with lots and lots of cleaning happening between them.

I came home to find the Magpul bipod had arrived, so this will warrant another range trip to play with that. Overall, I’m quite happy with the 716. I did not put the optic through it’s paces and can only say that using it as a standard optic workers quite nicely.

I also had a chance to run the Sig P226 after the GG trigger upgrade and am quite happy with the results.

Best part of the day was getting to spend several hours with Czickoos. I really needed a day like this and am quite happy to have been able to spend it with friends.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mr Wizard, please give BA my best regards and let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. Days at the range today would not have come about if not for that first post of his bringing this group of friends together.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow, today was probably the longest non-xGE range trip I’ve had. Maybe longest. Shootapalooza runs all day too.

I ran 50 rounds through the 716 using the Christensen break in methodology which is 2 3 shot groups, then clean and repeat for 50 rounds. In the end, I was able to pull a nice group that was probably sub-MOA but the optic needs dialed in with proper ammo. The break in procedure was done using some FMJ M80 ammo that did not impress with accuracy. It will be fun to run the rest of this on the steel at 200 yards but I’d never trust it beyond that. The last bit of ammo run was some high end stuff that I picked up off of Tarzan. At the end of the day, I had run 60 rounds through the new rifle in 3 hours with lots and lots of cleaning happening between them.

I came home to find the Magpul bipod had arrived, so this will warrant another range trip to play with that. Overall, I’m quite happy with the 716. I did not put the optic through it’s paces and can only say that using it as a standard optic workers quite nicely.

I also had a chance to run the Sig P226 after the GG trigger upgrade and am quite happy with the results.

Best part of the day was getting to spend several hours with Czickoos. I really needed a day like this and am quite happy to have been able to spend it with friends.
    EXCELLENT !:rockwoot:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Hey RR, I don't know about the Real Avid Cleaning Link but when I looked up the style that I have I found it takes a different one for an AR10 than what an AR15 uses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom