Not open for further replies.

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

Well said MM - Zane was fortunate to have you as a friend.
    My heart is with you tonight as you grieve.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    WTAH are we doing still awake.....:):
    Just got home. Time to wind down. Gonna be hard to sleep. Mind racing from all the upcoming goodies. After the PA order came another from HD for all the bits for bath remodel (gang plates, switches, and such hardwares). I'm doing the work in my head before the bits even get here.

Mike we're here if you need us. A moment for your friend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just got home. Time to wind down. Gonna be hard to sleep. Mind racing from all the upcoming goodies. After the PA order came another from HD for all the bits for bath remodel (gang plates, switches, and such hardwares). I'm doing the work in my head before the bits even get here.

Mike we're here if you need us. A moment for your friend.
    I always work a project in my head. Then when I run into the usual issues they are not as big a hit as most everything else is on track.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Henri and I are heading up to Napanee this morning to look at and may order a new Powered Theater seating and couch....my wallet hurts just think about it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I don’t remember the P226. Is that the one you sold to our buddy? I was thinking that one was a P229 Legion.

Yes, that was the one I sold our buddy. Thankfully I kept it in the family so I get visitation rights... :cool:

At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

Very sorry for your loss MM. My condolences.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend MM. I believe that friendships like that will resurface in the next life. It's probably not the first time that the two of you have been buddies

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom