Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It would really depend on the intended use for me. If I’m looking for something to have fun at the range all day, I’d tend to go for a good SAO gun. But, if I’m going to carry the gun every day, it’s a DA/SA that I’d want. On that gun, the DA trigger pull would be what I’d focus on cleaning up with a nice SA trigger as a bonus.

That’s what drew me towards the Sig P226/P229 platforms. With the GG trigger, they are smooth and consistent and the SA pull is quite good. Reset is phenomenal too.

One exception here is the 1911 platform. That’s about the only gun that I think I trust myself with SA for carry on. Other SA safeties just don’t give me confidence in my ability to flick it off to the same degree as the big 1911 safety.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st day of 2021 is almost in the books.

No resolutions as I have proven to be weak....:):

Did a few things around here like the new LED light in the shower.
    organized a few things for CKW and spent time with the terrorist's. They are back in school on the 4th.

The rest of the day was pretty much just relaxing.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    For him carrying isn't really an option given the state he resides in. It would mostly be for range / fun. I suggested to just try stuff at the range. We'll see, I guess.

Sounds like a decent day, CM!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Finally shot my crossbow on my farm. That thing was dead on from 20-50 yards. Didn't try beyond that.
    Awesome. A family friend got one and was happy with it until at least 60 yd (the edge of his field). But he was using a regular practice til bow target and couldn't get the bolts out. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I dunno. I bought a G17 years back when Gander closed up (and soon to sell out from my collection) for my old man to use when meet up. He's thinking about what to buy next. He felt the quite smooth DAO pull of my P250. Now he's been thinking about a P250 in 9mm (mine's 40/357 Sig). Unfortunately the nearest range to him is a good 40 minute haul, and they aren't open Sundays, so Saturdays are packed tight and he hasn't been very motivated to go during the weekend crowd.

Heck, for the money people are wanting in GB for a P250 in 9, I may as well sell him mine cheap and he can get a caliber conversion kit. He does seem to think the pull on that P250os nice. And it is. He's a bit better of a shot than I am, so it might not bother him for the longer pull.

Speaking of revolvers, I need to refinish and smoothly it my H&R 922. I bought it form the local pawn shop just to have a DA 22 revolver.
    Striker would be preference over either SAO or DAO.

That said between what you mentioned, and on a range gun, I'd probably want the SAO.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    She gets a floor, I get FFP. Only fair. In stock, free shipping. Discounted bundle w/ mount and lever.

1609558135845.png

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    She gets a floor, I get FFP. Only fair. In stock, free shipping. Discounted bundle w/ mount and lever.

View attachment 106052
    :alright:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

One 5hing that has come to be crystal clear to me in this journey is there will be a time of loss. And that time will manifest as we age. I sometimes can not hold back a tear for the loss we have experienced in these recent years but always remember.......as long as we think of them they are never truly gone.

Our hearts are heavy with and for you in this my friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom