• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Just left my in laws house after paying in the snow with the kids. Had amazing pizza. And now my bro in law and I are putting an offer on a 50 year old pizza joint on Monday.
    With everything going on in the world, the universe still provides.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Just left my in laws house after paying in the snow with the kids. Had amazing pizza. And now my bro in law and I are putting an offer on a 50 year old pizza joint on Monday.
    With everything going on in the world, the universe still provides.
    That's cool. Hope it works out for you guys.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

My condolences MM. Covid sux.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    She put up a good fight. Rook to Queen's bishop sealed the deal.
    502cdd4421de4a4365c597c8fecdc3fe.jpg

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Am also running the highway and maybe the interstate tomorrow. Was cruising CL and found a NIB 6.5" lift for my truck for dirt cheap like 30 minutes away. Proceeded to make the mistake of looking for wheels and tires to go with it. Found some 16x10 OG Weld Cheyenne's wrapped in boggers down in Bloomington for $900. Not sure if anyone else here is into vehicles/truck stuff but OG Welds are like holy grail wheels. Cant stand the huge wheels and rubber band tires so if I can pick these up I will be insanely happy.

:facepalm: Im 26, not ready to grow up yet...

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finally found a Sig 716i in stock somewhere. I’d been watching a couple of used ones go for north of $1500 on GB with days left in the bidding but found that PSA got them in stock as of this morning. I ordered a 716i with a Sierra 3 BDX 4.5-14x for $1499. Sounded like a good deal so I am cautiously optimistic that it’s as good a deal as it sounds. The optic is listed at $599 at Cabelas, so we’ll see how it goes. Anyone have any experience with that optic?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Am also running the highway and maybe the interstate tomorrow. Was cruising CL and found a NIB 6.5" lift for my truck for dirt cheap like 30 minutes away. Proceeded to make the mistake of looking for wheels and tires to go with it. Found some 16x10 OG Weld Cheyenne's wrapped in boggers down in Bloomington for $900. Not sure if anyone else here is into vehicles/truck stuff but OG Welds are like holy grail wheels. Cant stand the huge wheels and rubber band tires so if I can pick these up I will be insanely happy.

:facepalm: Im 26, not ready to grow up yet...
    Give me side wall. Keep the rubber bands.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I finally found a Sig 716i in stock somewhere. I’d been watching a couple of used ones go for north of $1500 on GB with days left in the bidding but found that PSA got them in stock as of this morning. I ordered a 716i with a Sierra 3 BDX 4.5-14x for $1499. Sounded like a good deal so I am cautiously optimistic that it’s as good a deal as it sounds. The optic is listed at $599 at Cabelas, so we’ll see how it goes. Anyone have any experience with that optic?
    :wow::alright:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I hope that you've found a way to test that troublesome .308 ammo.
    There's no way that I can join you tomorrow, but thanks !

Didn't figure Sundays weather would suit you (or a lot of others) but I can't go Monday and the rest of the weeks forecast temps have dropped to not much better.

I put in a quick "I'll take it" on an inexpensive .308 in the classies Friday but didn't get it.

I compared base to mid-shoulder length (where the cartridge headspaces in the chamber) on the ammo in question and found them to be 0.0035" to 0.0055" shorter than the brands I have not had a problem with. All cartridges were uniform within a brand but varied in length between manufacturers.

This effectively makes the reach of the firing pin shorter potentially causing lighter strikes although they do not "look" like light strikes.

I will try the rest of the first box and if I don't have better luck I will send them back. The manufacturer has agreed to buy them back even though they have had no other reports of problems and suspect the rifle is the problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom