• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I looked through my paycheck to see if my raise went through at the end of the year and noticed that my employer deducted the entirety of my "bonus" gift card under a miscellaneous deduction. I knew they were taxing it, but they just went ahead and took the whole amount. My raise went through, yet my check was smaller than before. :xmad:

I sent a calm and polite, but secretly seething email to HR this morning.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Good morning all! I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy new year. I got busy this year, but I missed the shenanigans from this thread. I hope you all have a truly blessed year to come and continue in the tradition of CZickness.
    Also SS that blows major trash panda butt. That reminds me of national lampoons Christmas Vacation. Let's us know if you need us to call cousin Eddie.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    If you surf GB for a bit, you realize that all of the P220s out there are either camo, SAO or both. Non camo are generally SAO Legions and run about $1800. Actaeon’s is a stainless Elite in DA/SA which makes it somewhat more rare.

Sadly, gun funds are sparse right now for me.
    Is it the 10mm flavor your looking for? I only have the .45 and I absolutely love it. You might be able to find the old w. germans for a decent deal.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My ccw 10mm. :-))

ed6a2a192fe929a0974b542cb9c70fc7.jpg
    are you trying to break your wrist?! I'm pretty sure that's how you break y our wrist. :drool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Pretty productive day so far. Sitting down with the little one watching Frozen II and playing with leather.

Still needs dye, but fabbed this little dude up to house the EDC stuff. Can unsnap it, roll it up and take it with anywhere if needed. Should keeps things tidy.

8DC0D13C-48EF-47AE-B98A-5315FD7A0681.jpegEDB1F1AB-868F-4EB7-A9B8-2380527B46FC.jpeg9FCD37F6-7137-4BE4-B605-3C6C74239C74.jpeg

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Depends. What are doing with it?

Given that I started with revolvers, my first thought is “both”.
    I dunno. I bought a G17 years back when Gander closed up (and soon to sell out from my collection) for my old man to use when meet up. He's thinking about what to buy next. He felt the quite smooth DAO pull of my P250. Now he's been thinking about a P250 in 9mm (mine's 40/357 Sig). Unfortunately the nearest range to him is a good 40 minute haul, and they aren't open Sundays, so Saturdays are packed tight and he hasn't been very motivated to go during the weekend crowd.

Heck, for the money people are wanting in GB for a P250 in 9, I may as well sell him mine cheap and he can get a caliber conversion kit. He does seem to think the pull on that P250os nice. And it is. He's a bit better of a shot than I am, so it might not bother him for the longer pull.

Speaking of revolvers, I need to refinish and smoothly it my H&R 922. I bought it form the local pawn shop just to have a DA 22 revolver.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Thanks for the votes, fellas. Maybe I'll try to get him to try some 1911s or other full size SAO (and DAO if he can) the next time he goes to the range. Unlike my tiny L/XL gloves hands, he wears XXL gloves. Maybe he'll like a 1911 more than the one time I've held one. Of course, it's free for him to shoot my P250, and just got some 10 rounders for it to bring to his commie state to try out. (The G17 just saw action when he and I both traveled to WV, sadly.)

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I really enjoy DA, but I wouldnt want DAO. Between the two I would vote for SAO.
    Yeah. I bought my P250 because I want to try a 40/357 combo and it was decently priced from an Ingo member. But I think for frequent use, I'd probably want DA/SA for myself - I'd probably want to try a Wilson Combat grip module in it. I think he's wanting to stay 9mm. Since he picked up a VP9 and a SP-01 Tactical, he hasn't had much time for the G17. He seems pretty happy with both of those so far, and had CGW parts for the SP-01 tac.

I'm the first one in the family to venture into adjustable and aftermarket triggers. I imagine there's a whole world for me and him get into for improving the way the guns shoot. My whole life I was told that a heavy trigger pull was wanted for "real" use. These days, I am rethinking all the things I've been told about what's good in a hunting/personal defense gun's trigger. :koolaid:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom