• ...and so much more!
  • Doc1980

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Looking for a single shot rifle for an out of state deer hunting this fall. Have used 20gauge accutips but wanting something for my kids to use as well. Have had trouble with 300 blackout and poor blood trails if it doesn't drop the deer right away.

Looking at 350 Legend or 450 BM - any experience in the group with a CVA Scout? Watched thru a short video reviews - but nothing out there that I've found outside of the range review. Price seems right, any trouble with them?

Thanks!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looking for a single shot rifle for an out of state deer hunting this fall. Have used 20gauge accutips but wanting something for my kids to use as well. Have had trouble with 300 blackout and poor blood trails if it doesn't drop the deer right away.

Looking at 350 Legend or 450 BM - any experience in the group with a CVA Scout? Watched thru a short video reviews - but nothing out there that I've found outside of the range review. Price seems right, any trouble with them?

Thanks!
    $292 NST

$300 NST

$441 NST

$510

I'm not you but I think I'd go with the 450 Bushmaster. It's got a lot more power, and versatility if you decided to go after bigger game later in life.

Welcome to INGO.

Doc1980

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Thanks everyone for the input. Curious about the difference in kick between the 450BM and 350 Legend. I would guess it's significant, but less that a 10 gauge. Thanks for the 350 feedback, ISP. Hoping the 350L is similar to the 300BO kick.

DadSmith - I'm going to take your advice and start with the 450BM. Thanks for the website search. Would have never found that 292 price! Is there a specific site you use to search? I haven't found one like ammoseek other than sites like gunbroker.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks everyone for the input. Curious about the difference in kick between the 450BM and 350 Legend. I would guess it's significant, but less that a 10 gauge. Thanks for the 350 feedback, ISP. Hoping the 350L is similar to the 300BO kick.

DadSmith - I'm going to take your advice and start with the 450BM. Thanks for the website search. Would have never found that 292 price! Is there a specific site you use to search? I haven't found one like ammoseek other than sites like gunbroker.
    I get a bunch of emails from different companies and the ones I know that usually have the best prices I check first.
    Once you find the sites with the lowest prices you can go to each and search them and compare prices.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Before rifle calibers were legal for deer, my wife used a CVA Scout in .44mag. Great gun. Zero problems and it did have a harsh life in the field. For her the recoil wasn't a problem; inside of 100yds, it was very effective.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I don't have the Scout, but a CVA Cascade in 350 legend. A buddy has the 450 Bushmaster in a Ruger. Huge difference in recoil. I am a CVA fan, started with muzzleloaders and then the Cascade.
    The 450 is a heck of a round, I think it kicked just as much if not more than my 12 gauge slug gun. My opinion is that it is a long range shotgun, definitely gets the job done.
    I also have had great success with the 350 round. The Cascade is my 2nd rifle in that caliber, first was a Savage Axis (no complaints, gave it to my son who's rifle burnt up in a truck fire, he still uses it every year). Of about 12 deer I know have been shot with 350, only 1 went about 75 yards due to less than ideal shot placement. 8 or 9 dropped where they stood according to my experience and reports from boys/friends. I had one wobble for about 15-20 yards before he fell over. Most of us hold less than 3 inch groups at 200 yards. On a bench at the range I am holding about .75 inches at 100.
    Prices have come down on 450 ammo, but when I bought my first 350 4 years ago ammo was about a third the cost of the 450.

Top Bottom