• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Middletown
    I just posted yesterday saying it will be 21 weeks on Friday.

That wait is now over. Issued 17 June. Received today!

20 weeks total and I'm part of the Bad Citizen Club with a misdemeanor.

This was the post I meant to quote.
    A ray of hope, I'm on week 17 and also a member of the misdemeanor club.

Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    Quick question. The city police department approved my application and health records ( as some of you may or may it know, I answered yes to the mental illness question because I've been diagnosed with anxiety, and felt it was the right thing to do) and sent then to ISP. Am I pretty much out of the clear now? Meaning since my local approved then state should approve also? I'm really excited about looking into holsters and stuff like that. Also really want to get serious about some good training, although my local gun range only trains with 9mm and up. I'm going to be carrying a .380. Thanks guys and good luck to all of you who are still waiting and congrats to those of you that have your ltch.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Quick question. The city police department approved my application and health records ( as some of you may or may it know, I answered yes to the mental illness question because I've been diagnosed with anxiety, and felt it was the right thing to do) and sent then to ISP. Am I pretty much out of the clear now? Meaning since my local approved then state should approve also? I'm really excited about looking into holsters and stuff like that. Also really want to get serious about some good training, although my local gun range only trains with 9mm and up. I'm going to be carrying a .380. Thanks guys and good luck to all of you who are still waiting and congrats to those of you that have your ltch.

I don't think any of us are lawyers so its not written in stone but.... There has been a lot of people on here that got a denial letter from ISP. ISP would not have had the app if the local pd didn't approve and send them the app first.

Another words, I don't think you are in the clear until you actually have your pink slip in your hand

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I don't think any of us are lawyers so its not written in stone but.... There has been a lot of people on here that got a denial letter from ISP. ISP would not have had the app if the local pd didn't approve and send them the app first.

Another words, I don't think you are in the clear until you actually have your pink slip in your hand

Ditto what Micah said. The locals pull your criminal history from their jurisdiction only. The state (i.e. ISP) pulls your records from NCIC (or whatever it's called these days). If you checked a box on the app, then you get flagged for further review. It doesn't mean you will get denied, it just places you in the long wait pile.

Don't stress about it. You will get an answer one way or the other. If you get denied, you can appeal. I have not heard of an appeal being denied unless you are a hard core felon.

Good luck

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    well, no permit yet, app non L1 feb 6, bad citizen brigade, but, i spoke to my boss and strained (with a little hubris) that it wouldn't be wise to let a man of my skill and experience go just because i'm not carrying, it worked! unfortunately, now i'm out patroling some shady complexes with just some oc spray and a baton......oh boy, i hope i become an exception to the rule and get it soon

roberthu526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I guess they just stopped processing non-L1 apps. No records whatsoever filed non-L1 mid February and still nothing. All who received pink recently seem to be L1s......
    I officially give up starting from today. Wish ISP can see which finger I am holding to them.

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Clark County
    Pink slip came today! L-1 3/21, clean record. Exactly three months. Good luck to you guys still waiting!
    Also, the day I brought my third little newborn girl home from the hospital. I'm a happy dude today.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
    :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

IT CAME IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    21 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cowbell::cowbell::cowbell::cowbell::cowbell::cowbell::cowbell:
    :alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright::alright:

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Well guys and girls, I was driving home from work just now and decided today I would start my short jog, and long walk to and from the mail box looking for my pink sheet of paper. I knew it would not be there but a guy has to have his dreams right.

So I get to the mail box and to my disbelief there it is. :D As I start my skip back to the house the LOML calls me to talk about our plans tonight, it's our 16 anniversary today, she wasn't sure why I was in such a good mood till I informed her.

Now to start planing and spending, some training and a Glock 19, it will be my first and I wanted to hold off till I received my pink.

Any way here are my numbers for Cedar Lake in Lake county.
    I don't know the date my money order was cashed

Applied online 3/11/2013
    Did L1 on 3/14/2013
    Local PD on 3/19/2013
    Issued 6/17/2013
    Arrived 6/21/2012

Best of luck to all who are waiting, hope the time goes by quickly for you.

Pat

PS just saw rjc2rjc above although it doesn't show I am equally excited... Congrats

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I guess they just stopped processing non-L1 apps. No records whatsoever filed non-L1 mid February and still nothing. All who received pink recently seem to be L1s......
    I officially give up starting from today. Wish ISP can see which finger I am holding to them.

It is taking ISP two or three days to process one calendar day of received apps.

I applied 1-18
    Money order cashed 1-23
    LTCH issued 6-5
    Received 6-7

State cash's your MO the day it relieves your packet. Based on that, you have another two or three weeks if you are in the good kid pile. If you are in the time out chair, look for at least six months if not more.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    It is taking ISP two or three days to process one calendar day of received apps.

I applied 1-18
    Money order cashed 1-23
    LTCH issued 6-5
    Received 6-7

State cash's your MO the day it relieves your packet. Based on that, you have another two or three weeks if you are in the good kid pile. If you are in the time out chair, look for at least six months if not more.

I was told 3 months by the local PD for the good kid pile. Hope you're right though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom