• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well guys and girls, I was driving home from work just now and decided today I would start my short jog, and long walk to and from the mail box looking for my pink sheet of paper. I knew it would not be there but a guy has to have his dreams right.

So I get to the mail box and to my disbelief there it is. :D As I start my skip back to the house the LOML calls me to talk about our plans tonight, it's our 16 anniversary today, she wasn't sure why I was in such a good mood till I informed her.

Now to start planing and spending, some training and a Glock 19, it will be my first and I wanted to hold off till I received my pink.

Any way here are my numbers for Cedar Lake in Lake county.
    I don't know the date my money order was cashed

Applied online 3/11/2013
    Did L1 on 3/14/2013
    Local PD on 3/19/2013
    Issued 6/17/2013
    Arrived 6/21/2012

Best of luck to all who are waiting, hope the time goes by quickly for you.

Pat

PS just saw rjc2rjc above although it doesn't show I am equally excited... Congrats

:thumbsup:

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Lectric I have been waiting and wanting that thumbs up from you for a long time. thank you brother and I hope everyone who is waiting gets theres soon.
    thanks again lectric.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Hey all. I've been lurking here for a good while and wanted my first post to be the arrival of my ltch...no such luck. Congrats to all the recent recipients, especially those who have endured outrageous waits.

Non L1 1/16/13
    Bad Citizen Brigade(OWI)

22 weeks yesterday

:welcome: to the BCB !

I just read where at least 1 with an app date that filed about a month after I did...has received their's...so maybe they're going to start getting some more of the BCB folk's permit's out soon !! :D

Pink slip came today! L-1 3/21, clean record. Exactly three months. Good luck to you guys still waiting!
    Also, the day I brought my third little newborn girl home from the hospital. I'm a happy dude today.

Congrats on both account's ! :thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

IT CAME IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    21 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!:thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Pink slip came today! L-1 3/21, clean record. Exactly three months. Good luck to you guys still waiting!
    Also, the day I brought my third little newborn girl home from the hospital. I'm a happy dude today.

I had a feeling it was right around the corner.
    Congrats...on all of it. :rockwoot:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I think that they would laugh a class action about this issue out of the court system...unless EVERYONE involved in the class action could prove that they were either injured or had loved ones injured or killed because they couldn't carry their weapon.....or that you lost a job because of it...or endured some kind of "REAL" hardship because of it.

I'm all for being upset about the length of time that's currently involved...hell I'm over 22 weeks without a permit right now...and I filed L1......but a "Class Action Lawsuit" about it ? Why ?

I guess I just don't think that way.

Sorry, I guess I can't give them an "A for effort" when dealing with a barrier to exercise a god-given right. The fact that anyone even has to apply is appalling enough, let alone having it take 6 months just to find out if they're willing to allow you to do what you should be able to without their permission in the first place.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Sorry, I guess I can't give them an "A for effort" when dealing with a barrier to exercise a god-given right. The fact that anyone even has to apply is appalling enough, let alone having it take 6 months just to find out if they're willing to allow you to do what you should be able to without their permission in the first place.

Not to be argumentative, because I feel your pain, I really do. I'm at 6 months and counting. BUT, the right to carry a firearm is not "God-given". It is regulated by the government and rightly so. Is the process somewhat flawed ? No argument. Is the ISP understaffed and probably underfunded ? Absolutely. But I don't feel anyone is infringing on my God-given rights.

From the Declaration of Independence...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Hang in there. I'm sure we'll all be laughing about this over a beverage before too long. :cheers:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central

Who said anything about giving the ISP an "A for effort" when it comes to the current LTCH issue?

I, for one, am not in the least bit pleased with the fact that I'm on week 23..waiting for my LTCH.

So do I think they're doing a great job of handling the situation...ummm NO ! :D

But unless highly pressured we all know how gov't really works and we know that nothing gets down quickly when an issue like this arises.

I also feel that our right to carry shouldn't even be an issue, but we live in a society where laws, rules and regulations abound...and we must try to follow them or become criminals ourselves.

After all.....those laws, rules and regulations are put into place by people that we (the citizen's) have elected in the 1st place.

The great thing about this Country, to me anyways, is that if there are enough people who feel the same way that I do about a certain law, rule or regulation we can do something about it to bring about change. :thumbsup:

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    What was once a 14-16 week wait for non-L1 has become a 20-22 week wait.
    By the time I hit 22 weeks the wait will be 24-28 weeks.
    Frustrated that I cancelled my L1 appt last year.
    Week 17 now, Non-L1, Clean Record.
    I promised the wife I wouldn't buy another gun until I got it. Me and my promises...

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What was once a 14-16 week wait for non-L1 has become a 20-22 week wait.
    By the time I hit 22 weeks the wait will be 24-28 weeks.
    Frustrated that I cancelled my L1 appt last year.
    Week 17 now, Non-L1, Clean Record.
    I promised the wife I wouldn't buy another gun until I got it. Me and my promises...

It was 8-10 weeks non-L1 when I applied, made it to each of the set weeks with hope and bought a new gun everytime the new timeframe came out and I was pushed back.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Processed through county Sheriff dept. Paper prints.
    Mailed 12-12-2012
    Received pink slip 6-22-2013
    No Priors/no arrest
    Was a LEO from back in the 1980's
    27 weeks. Glad I applied for a lifetime and got it before I passed on from this world!LOL

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well, boys and girls, I finally get to give myself a :thumbsup:. Received my secret decoder ring today. Almost 6 months to the day.

I'll be here for everyone else still waiting. Hang in there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom