• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Alright, just called ISP. I applied Dec 5th, MO was cashed on Jan 5. Lady on phone said it was approved as of Monday of this week, was probably mailed yesterday. So it seems that they are really sticking to the 60 day mark with MARION county, seems that more rural areas are getting a faster turn around. Friend of mine in Park county had a 7 week turn around, also have seen people on here with a faster turn around when in a rural county.
    Did you go down to the city county building? I applied for mine on Dec 5 as well, and I'm still waiting. I sent them an email regarding the status...If I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, I'll give them a call.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Did you go down to the city county building? I applied for mine on Dec 5 as well, and I'm still waiting. I sent them an email regarding the status...If I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, I'll give them a call.

Email/Call your state rep.

indyac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Hancock County
    Feb 16

I sent mine in on 2/16. I just figured from everyone I talked to that it would take the full 60 days.

I can't imagine that applications are decreasing...

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Surprisingly, I received a response already: the top paragraph appears to be the generic canned response, the 2nd appears to be a personally written one from Lt Jerry Berkey.

[FONT=&quot]We are currently receiving a heavier than normal volume of applications. It is currently taking approximately 8 weeks from the time we receive an application for us to process it. The department has hired temporary employees to assist with the backlog; however it will take some time. If you had a valid permit when you applied, remain a proper person under statute, and carry your current permit with the copy of the application, then you can continue to carry.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    IMPD usually does not bring the permits to us for several weeks, which would put you close to the date we are currently entering. If you look on the stub of your money order, there is usually a phone number to call and see when it was cashed. Your timeline would be approximately 8 weeks from that date. If you used a postal MO then it takes a fee and some time, which I would not recommend doing at this point. I would wait two more weeks before getting very concerned.

I need to find my stub now, dammit.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I turned in my LTCH permit to renew, to go to a lifetime, in to the Shelby County Sheriff on 2-28-2009, got the reply in the mail on 3-5-2009 from the county. Pretty quick in my opinion...off to the state, we'll see how long they take.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Yes, I went downtown and turned it in. If you went through your bank you can call them to find out when it was cashed by the state. It is better to call them than email. I would also give state rep a call. Here is the ISP# 317-232-8264

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got it. Nine weeks to the day. Jan 2-Mar 6.

Funny how they had no record of my application when I called two days ago. Boy, that post office has really picked up the service!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I think it depends on the county you live in. I have friends in Marion that took them over 8 weeks. It took another buddy in Johnson county about 4 weeks.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    quick question on this... I applied for mine "city of Mishawaka" 2-26-09 they told me check back with them in 2 weeks...... is the wait supposed to be 60 days from when it go's down state or is that 60 days supposed to include city's time??
    also anyone have an approx. time from mishawaka>>>?

Last edited:

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    quick question on this... I applied for mine "city of Mishawaka" 2-26-09 they told me check back with them in 2 weeks...... is the wait supposed to be 60 days from when it go's down state or is that 60 days supposed to include city's time??
    also anyone have an approx. time from mishawaka>>>?

I believe it is 60 days after your money order has been cashed.

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    What # do you call?
    Its been over 3 months since the state cashed my m.o.
    Its been over 5 months if you count the time my city took to get me the envelope/prints/approved forum.
    I have my cert. mail reciept signed & my m.o. stub w/ the cashed date written on it (I called & got it again to be sure).
    After waiting almost half a year the state needs a call.
    What # please?

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I think the wait time difference between Marion Co. and others is the time it takes Marion Co. to get the application to ISP. When I did my app and prints at the McCordsville PD, the Major put everything in an envelope (addressed to ISP firearms division), gave it to me and told me to mail it myself. I went straight to the post office and paid my postage. ISP probably had my app the next day. :dunno: I put mine in Feb. 10.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I think the wait time difference between Marion Co. and others is the time it takes Marion Co. to get the application to ISP. When I did my app and prints at the McCordsville PD, the Major put everything in an envelope (addressed to ISP firearms division), gave it to me and told me to mail it myself. I went straight to the post office and paid my postage. ISP probably had my app the next day. :dunno: I put mine in Feb. 10.

I did the same thing down here in Clark County.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I also think ISP is sensitive to individuals who contact them and cite the 60 day limit. I called them last Tuesday. The individual I spoke to acted like they were checking for my name in the computer and found no sign of it. Then, viola, my permit is processed on Wednesday, mailed and I receive it Friday. Who says the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom