• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Wow, I have no idea when to expect mine from what I have read here lately. Yamadog is still waiting and he sent his in near the beginning of Dec. I sent mine in on the last day. But someone has received theirs after applying on the 24th. Yamadog, you should call them and ask. I wasn't even in the system last week when I called.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Applied Second week of December (4 year), still waiting

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    ---->Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.<----
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Update: I Sent it in December 8th and they cashed the check on Dec. 12th

so I'm coming up on the end of the 12th week

and its been 77 days since they cashed my payment

Technically by state law they are 17 days over

Can i call ISP or my State Rep about this?

Last edited:

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Man,
    I sent mine in late December certified mail.
    Got the stub w/ a signature saying the state received the package on Jan. 2.
    They cashed the money order Jan. 4 or 6.
    I can't remember which.
    I had read the forum & expected a long wait by that time.

I applied in downtown Evansville.
    The chief of police has to personally review it from what I read when filling out the paperwork.
    Fine, but I'd bet city police out number Sheriffs 25 to 1.
    It seems like the chief would have his plate full enough w/o having to go through every application.
    Maybe someone else does it & he just signs it.

Anyhow, I really applied the start of Nov. '08.
    The forum said wait 14 days to give the city time to decide to approve or not.
    Well it took them about 55 days.
    I went in Dec. 27.
    They showed my every piece of paper for anything I've ever done.
    Then I was allowed to get printed & given the envelope.
    It had a note saying approved by the city of Evansville.
    There was the standard app. & then an extra Evansville app. to supplement the states'.
    I sent it certified Dec. 27 as well.
    I was hoping the state would push through mine a little quicker!
    I've only lived in this area, so I won't have any other record at all.

Sorry, but this just seems like it is taking too long.
    The clock really started on Jan. 06, I suppose.
    That's why this post is so long, lol.

The best post on here was the guy that said the state will be at your door if your late on your taxes.
    You can't say I've been busy or my tax forums are more work than usual.
    I said that to a cop the other day in a long line & he roared.
    It has a truth to it.
    The state needs to honor the laws as well.
    The scary part is that I have a brother who is EPD.
    A couple of his buddies who are working in booking told me they have been waiting 70 or 75 days.

I've got another month in me, but I'm in the checking mail everyday phase now.

:popcorn:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    57 Days

My daughter and I applied to renew our LTCH and make them lifetime licenses on Dec. 31, 2008. Received both licenses yesterday. That was 57 days; basically 8 weeks.

My wife applied the same day for a new LTCH and has not received her's yet.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My daughter and I applied to renew our LTCH and make them lifetime licenses on Dec. 31, 2008. Received both licenses yesterday. That was 57 days; basically 8 weeks.

That's odd, unless the renewal process is separate from the new license processing.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals---->Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.<----
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Update: I Sent it in December 8th and they cashed the check on Dec. 12th

Can i call ISP or my State Rep about this?

Call your State Rep. I plan on doing it exactly on day 61. I just know I won't have it before then, they still haven't processed it yet. Dec 5th is when I turned mine in downtown at City County Building. Jan 5th is when state cashed it.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I asked this on another thread on here but I will ask again. Does the 60 day rule mean 60 business days or 60 calendar days? I would think 60 business days and with the holidays people may have a longer wait than they think to get to the 60 day limit. Any clarification on this?

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I asked this on another thread on here but I will ask again. Does the 60 day rule mean 60 business days or 60 calendar days? I would think 60 business days and with the holidays people may have a longer wait than they think to get to the 60 day limit. Any clarification on this?
    Look at it this way. If they get 60 business days, plus holidays, then the 180 and 30 day rule (below) would include the same. Somehow I doubt it. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, but, my understanding is that if it doesn't specify "weekdays" or "business days", then it's just plain ol' every day days.

The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    6 weeks today still waiting!!! Lifetime application I have read several comments about the check being cashed? Well I wrote a check to the Sherrif cashed the day of application. However the State required a money order and there is no way of checking when that was cashed to my knowledge?

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

My wife's LTCH arrived today. That would be 58 days from submission.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    6 weeks today still waiting!!! Lifetime application I have read several comments about the check being cashed? Well I wrote a check to the Sherrif cashed the day of application. However the State required a money order and there is no way of checking when that was cashed to my knowledge?

if you get the MO from your bank you can check on it.

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    Well the county took 2 weeks, it was over the holidays. I just today recieved it back from the state. It was exactly 8 weeks to the day. That cannot be a coincidence.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    However the State required a money order and there is no way of checking when that was cashed to my knowledge?

If you used USPS or Western Union i know that you can track it by the receipt. I'm not sure about other services, but if you check your receipt it should have some sort of routing or tracking number. Then just go to their website or look for a customer service and I'm sure at the least you'll be able to find out if payment has been received.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My wife applied on Dec 26th and her's came in the mail today!

Her permit is lifetime and it took 8 weeks and 1 day, we live in Johnson county

We sent it priority mail with return receipt requested..... I like them to know we can prove when they recieved it.;)

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    <snip> . . Yamadog, you should call them and ask. I wasn't even in the system last week when I called.
    You know I would like to call them, but in my daily routine as a capitalist pig making more to contribute to the "collective", I have precious little time to sit on hold waiting for a bureaucrat ;)
    :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom