• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I also think ISP is sensitive to individuals who contact them and cite the 60 day limit. I called them last Tuesday. The individual I spoke to acted like they were checking for my name in the computer and found no sign of it. Then, viola, my permit is processed on Wednesday, mailed and I receive it Friday. Who says the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease?

Did you call them before the 60 day limit or after?

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I called them 62 days after applying at the City-Co bldg which was Jan. 2. The person I spoke to told me that the 60 days begins when ISP cashes the money order (which is not what the statute says) which in my case was Jan. 12. He said then "you should get your permit within a couple days of the 12th". They processed it the next day and I got it Friday Mar 6 exactly 9 weeks after applying.

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    I called & they said it is "in process." My m.o. was cashed Jan. 6th.
    The lady was nice checked a computer & found it. She said they were swamped.
    She also said wait 2 more weeks from Friday & call back if I don't have it by then which was weak, but hey.

Info. some other people may find helpful...
    She said they are currently working on early to mid January apps.
    If your m.o. hasn't been cashed in Jan. they are simply not to you yet.
    She said if you have a flawless record it goes out much quicker.
    If they find NO criminal history it does not have to see an extra person I guess.
    If you have ANY history it gets sent to another worker that reviews it after pulling all of your court docs. Obviously this slows it down greatly.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I wonder what they consider criminal history... citations? Got a couple of those (speeding).... Arrests: no

My wife and I went to get ours on Jan 12, met with our chief, and they were sending it out the next day.... we'll see....

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what they consider criminal history... citations? Got a couple of those (speeding).... Arrests: no

My wife and I went to get ours on Jan 12, met with our chief, and they were sending it out the next day.... we'll see....

No citations are not considered convictions unless they are deemed reckless driving. Applied Jan 15th still waiting.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I sent mine in Hamilton County on December 8th. I called to check on it early February and they told me it takes eight (8) weeks past the date when the check is cashed. I didn't save the receipt, so I couldn't tell when that was or would be. However, on February 27th, I received the application back in the mail to be corrected, as the sheriff had not signed the application!!! :crying:

I got the sheriff to sign the application and sent it back on March 3rd.

I finally got the permit yesterday, March 10th, in the mail. So for me, it took exactly 3 months. It looks like it would have taken roughly 11 weeks if the sheriff's department had signed the original app, so always check for that.

:rockwoot:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I contacted my CLEO to ask when he had sent my application to ISP so I could get an idea of when to go and pay the fee to check and see if my postal money order was cashed and his reply was that mine along with a batch of others was being sent today. Hmm I guess they only look at them once a week or so.

Greg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Finally got my LTCH today. Sent the application on Dec. 30th - received March 11th. Wife brought it to me at work. Guess she figured it would make my day a little brighter.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I sent mine in Hamilton County on December 8th. I called to check on it early February and they told me it takes eight (8) weeks past the date when the check is cashed. I didn't save the receipt, so I couldn't tell when that was or would be. However, on February 27th, I received the application back in the mail to be corrected, as the sheriff had not signed the application!!! :crying:

I got the sheriff to sign the application and sent it back on March 3rd.

I finally got the permit yesterday, March 10th, in the mail. So for me, it took exactly 3 months. It looks like it would have taken roughly 11 weeks if the sheriff's department had signed the original app, so always check for that.

:rockwoot:

I picked mine up today from Mishawaka P.D. threw the cashiers check in there and took it right to usps about 2 blocks away, I did not notice that they did anything to speak of...... here is what I noticed that they did beond what I wrote in..... First off the Very nice lady in the office at the P.D. did her notery thing with Sig. ,Stamp ,exp. date ,etc.
    Second. the officer who did the finger printing sighned "his share" of the print card
    Third. they stamped something to the tune of.... "NO ARREST RECORD ON FILE" and the officer anitialed the manilla envelope itself just under the flap area where you could see it...
    They also put a date on it and a few numbers somesort of ID code. but every thing also led me to believe that my App. had been looked at the same day as I had done the prints and turned it in "done first thing in the morning" and may have just hung out at Mishawaka PD for 2 weeks it was even on the very bottom of the stack =/ "just by coinsidence I'm sure I probly did mine the day they happened to go through them"
    these are the only things I noticed... any thing I should look for.. where should I look for a LEO signature??

Last edited:

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    called isp

called today, spoke with very nice lady I put in my app on jan 8, MO was cashed jan 27, she informed me like they tell everyone else thay they have 60 days after it was cashed. Decided to try and give them a call since reading the thread it seems that it sped up the process for some of the other ingoers. hopefully it will speed mine up, now to find an IWB.

McViking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Indy
    10 weeks....give or take

My friend and I applied for our Lifetime LTCH on December 31 (New Year's Eve). We were told 10-12 weeks, but received ours almost exactly 9 1/2 weeks (came in mail last week). Be prepared for about 10 weeks. Hope that helps.

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    My m.o. was cashed Jan. 6th
    Permit arrived today Mar. 14ith.
    It was issued Mar. 11th.
    I called on Mar. 10th & it was unresolved.
    The call may have helped & the lady was reasonable & nice.
    It may have just been my turn, since unresolved meant they were looking into my records. I imagine they were working on it the day I called.
    Like everybody has said around 60 days from the day the state cashes your m.o.

big larry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Oh & she said they are still swamped, but I got the idea that they are catching up or at least getting used to the work load. They were able to give me answers quick & I didn't have any of my documents when I called. They seemed on top of things.
    So good luck everybody.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom