• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nirol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    I just got mine in the mail today. It took exactly 3 months. I mailed mine in on 3/25.
    Hi all-first post here. rush's post here prompted me to join and chime in because I'm in the exact same boat. Same day sent, same day received. I don't think it matters, but I'm a previous ltch owner. To those waiting, just stay patient (a trait I hope all gun owners have)...it took a long time for my previous ltch too. I didn't know about/go the LT1 route, fyi.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I applied for mine the last week in March ....... still waiting and mine has now expired. I am told that you can use your receipt and your old ltch till you get it but I am not sure some small town LEO will comply. Guess I may have to find out if I ever get checked (never been checked in 8 year anyways).

Called and checked today. Check isn't even cashed yet but there were no issues reported on the app yet. I was told that when they cash the check it will take up to 10 - 12 weeks more.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My GF just applied for her lifetime, renewal of her current LTCH, they told her 3 months wait. I'd be surprised if it really took that long based on the time it took to get mine.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Received today. Applied Mishawaka PD March 19. Retrieved paperwork March 26 and mailed envelope to ISP March 29. Cashier's check cashed by ISP Apr 2nd. Received Lifetime LTCH June 28. Twelve weeks three days since check cashing.

YMMV.

USE L1 SECURITY! SAVE YOURSELVES!!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Finally got my permit today 6/28. Mailed it on 4/5. 12 weeks to the day.

Received today. Applied Mishawaka PD March 19. Retrieved paperwork March 26 and mailed envelope to ISP March 29. Cashier's check cashed by ISP Apr 2nd. Received Lifetime LTCH June 28. Twelve weeks three days since check cashing.

YMMV.

USE L1 SECURITY! SAVE YOURSELVES!!
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    So, I read in here a while back about how early you can request a new license if you already have one, and/or if you file for a renewal of you permit when your current permit is about to expire within 30 days. Responses seemed to be a guess. My apologies if I took that the wrong way. I pulled the legal answer off of NRA-ILA.org in the Gun Laws section for Indiana.

"Renewal of an existing license may be filed 365 days before the expiration of the existing license. An application for renewal filed within thirty days of expiration automatically extends the existing license until the application for renewal has been decided."

Oh...and I am still waiting ever so patiently for my LTCH.

That is all! Carry On!​

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    So, I read in here a while back about how early you can request a new license if you already have one, and/or if you file for a renewal of you permit when your current permit is about to expire within 30 days. Responses seemed to be a guess. My apologies if I took that the wrong way. I pulled the legal answer off of NRA-ILA.org in the Gun Laws section for Indiana.

"Renewal of an existing license may be filed 365 days before the expiration of the existing license. An application for renewal filed within thirty days of expiration automatically extends the existing license until the application for renewal has been decided."

That is all! Carry On!​

You may apply for a renewal 180 days before your permit expires. If you apply at least 30 days before it expires, your permit is extended until your new application is decided.

Effective July 1, 2010 (this Thursday) you may apply 365 days before your application expires.

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    JoshuaW - Thank for clarifying. I checked your facts on the IN.GOV site and found you to be correct. I didn't find a mention of the law being amended on th IN.GOV site, but apparently the NRA-ILA heard, and failed to mention the effective date in its June 2010 Indiana Law PDF.

"IC 35-47-2-6 Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
    existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4."

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan

That is all! Carry On!​

You may apply for a renewal 180 days before your permit expires. If you apply at least 30 days before it expires, your permit is extended until your new application is decided.

Effective July 1, 2010 (this Thursday) you may apply 365 days before your application expires.

Picked up paperwork from Mishawaka PD, and mailed 4-1, finally received LTCH on 6-25. 'Bout time, bureaucrats!

Mailed in around end of March/beginning of April, just received Saturday. Almost exactly 3 months.

Exactly 8 weeks today...still nothing!
    1. To those who have received their LTCH, congratulations!

2. To those who haven't, hang in there. I know it's rough as I recently went through it myself. 12 week wait.

3. To all of you: WELCOME TO :ingo: Glad to have you here.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Tomorrow will be 13 weeks to the day since i applied at the Montgomery county sheriff's dept. and 11 weeks since the ISP cashed my cashiers check.

STILL WAITING!

I think my wife is getting annoyed be me calling everyday from work to see if it came!

YukYuPhat

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Tomorrow will be 13 weeks to the day since i applied at the Montgomery county sheriff's dept. and 11 weeks since the ISP cashed my cashiers check.

STILL WAITING!

I think my wife is getting annoyed be me calling everyday from work to see if it came!

Sounds like my wife... I keep :horse:. I applied 25Mar10 with the Marion County Sherriff, I won't be doing that again...... :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom