• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I shouldn't even post this, will upset everyone.

Applied 3/17/2010, issued 3/22/2010, got it in the mail 3/24/2010.

I used my Military ID and DL when applying and spoke with a manager about how long the wait was. That was all I did. Could also be the fact that I have my military security clearance on file that was done by the state in the first place not sure though.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I shouldn't even post this, will upset everyone.

Applied 3/17/2010, issued 3/22/2010, got it in the mail 3/24/2010.

I used my Military ID and DL when applying and spoke with a manager about how long the wait was. That was all I did. Could also be the fact that I have my military security clearance on file that was done by the state in the first place not sure though.
    Did you go through L1 security?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    waiting impatiently

Tomorrow will be 10 weeks since my m.o was cashed.....won't see it probably till the begining of July...:rolleyes: what really sucks is I recieved a G36 for my bday and haven't been able to take it anywhere yet....:crying:

side note my 9 year old just read this and where it says G36 she said Glock 36! Thats my girl!!!!:rockwoot:

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Maybe an email to a state representative might get some action. It would be great if the ISP would just get some extra help on the situation and clean up the pending licenses. I'm thinking a couple people working 3-4 days on clearing up the backlog. Can it be that complicated if L-1 can process an application in a week?

Remind the legislators what the law states and what we are actually getting time wise.

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    When I applied at the beginning on May 3 in Marion county, I was told 8-10 weeks which would ake the latest date for mine around July 12, I think. When I took my son the week before last, they were telling applicants 10-16 weeks.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    When I applied at the beginning on May 3 in Marion county, I was told 8-10 weeks which would ake the latest date for mine around July 12, I think. When I took my son the week before last, they were telling applicants 10-16 weeks.

Well at least they are finally being honest about the actual waiting time! I guess that's a start. Now if we could just get them to get off of their derriers do something about it!! :xmad: :dunno:

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Spoke to a lady at ISP yesterday after I was given her phone number days before. The first gentleman I spoke to told me I had to write a letter and have it notarized as a "vouch" for not being able to obtain any medical records from 2001.

After speaking to the lady this time, she stated I did not have to notarize anything, just write up the facts surrounding the entire ordeal and fax it on to ISP with ATTN: her name. She told me she meets with her Legal Advisor on Fridays, and I assume he is the ultimate judgement on whether to approve people or add more hoops to climb through. She said she'll either call me on Friday or I'll receive my LTCH mon or tue. Eagerly waiting!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Spoke to a lady at ISP yesterday after I was given her phone number days before. The first gentleman I spoke to told me I had to write a letter and have it notarized as a "vouch" for not being able to obtain any medical records from 2001.

After speaking to the lady this time, she stated I did not have to notarize anything, just write up the facts surrounding the entire ordeal and fax it on to ISP with ATTN: her name. She told me she meets with her Legal Advisor on Fridays, and I assume he is the ultimate judgement on whether to approve people or add more hoops to climb through. She said she'll either call me on Friday or I'll receive my LTCH mon or tue. Eagerly waiting!

Congrats on getting that cleared up (hopefully). I personally think they make a bigger deal about that stuff than necessary. I mean, I understand why they do it, but its a huge hassle for those that it shouldnt be an issue. The least they should do is provide more clear instructions on how to resolve it. Thats just my two cents though.

When I applied a few weeks back, Elkhart Police told me 10-12 weeks.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Wow, I never realized Indiana was taking that long to print out a license. When I applied for mine, the lady at the PD told me everything was already approved and mailing me my license was a mere formality.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Wow, I never realized Indiana was taking that long to print out a license. When I applied for mine, the lady at the PD told me everything was already approved and mailing me my license was a mere formality.

When did you apply and where? It varies by City and or County so without knowing that there is not much information of value to your fellow ingoer's. :)

PS: And welcome to INGO! :welcome: If you will page back through this thread you will be able to follow and anticipate waiting times based on local and method of applying.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    When did you apply and where? It varies by City and or County so without knowing that there is not much information of value to your fellow ingoer's. :)

PS: And welcome to INGO! :welcome: If you will page back through this thread you will be able to follow and anticipate waiting times based on local and method of applying.

I live in Hammond.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Forgot to post when the wifeys pink card showed up as I was heading out of town. She applied here in South Bend at the St. Joseph Co. PD on St. Patty's day and got her lifetime in the mail on June 11th. So she was just at 12 weeks. I filled my renewal for my lifetime at the end of April. Luckily my 4 year doesn't expire until the end of October, so I believe I don't have anything to worry about. I got my app in exactly 6 months before mine expires. I'll post when I get my lifetime.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Forgot to post when the wifeys pink card showed up as I was heading out of town. She applied here in South Bend at the St. Joseph Co. PD on St. Patty's day and got her lifetime in the mail on June 11th. So she was just at 12 weeks. I filled my renewal for my lifetime at the end of April. Luckily my 4 year doesn't expire until the end of October, so I believe I don't have anything to worry about. I got my app in exactly 6 months before mine expires. I'll post when I get my lifetime.

Thanks for the info! We'll be watching. :)

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    the guys and gals that live in counties allowing the L1 service really need a thread of their own....you know where they can listen to and comfort each other as they share the horrible and taunting stories of waiting times of a week and a half or god forbid...two weeks. you guys will form lifelong bonds with the ordeals that you are going thru. be strong and keep the faith...:)

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    WOOOOHOOO!!! Finally received mine.

Applied Apr. 1st with the Carmel Police Dept.

Received June 24th .........About damn time, now I can finally stop posting in this thread trying to comfort myself. Good luck everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom