• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Picked up paperwork from Mishawaka PD, and mailed 4-1, finally received LTCH on 6-25. 'Bout time, bureaucrats!

Congrats! Hopefully you will still check this thread to see this...

Where do you prefer to shoot around here? Im not really close anymore with the people that own the property I used to shoot on. I never really was all that into anything that would require wide space (no explosive target shooting... Okay, well a few times ;)) so I figure I will just switch to an actual range. Im going to go to Midwest Gun and Range in the next few days and check them out. I hear good things. They are about the only place that comes to mind. Some Place to Shoot is in Michigan and always looked interesting, but its a bit of a drive.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    10 weeks since check cashing today still checking mail very faithfully but still expecting a wait til its here just hoping for its early arrivial but called isp late last week and the nice lady told me it hasnt been started and that it might be 11 weeks but she was more helpfully than the last person i got

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    10 weeks since check cashing today still checking mail very faithfully but still expecting a wait til its here just hoping for its early arrivial but called isp late last week and the nice lady told me it hasnt been started and that it might be 11 weeks but she was more helpfully than the last person i got

Looks like time to drop an email to Jeff Espich. If the ISP gets a just a few inquiries from legislators things might move faster.

I will just remind the lawmakers that a law is being abused and if a citizen abuses a law, there are consequences. Don't see any need to say much more.

Oldman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Bluffton, In
    Looks like time to drop an email to Jeff Espich. If the ISP gets a just a few inquiries from legislators things might move faster.

I will just remind the lawmakers that a law is being abused and if a citizen abuses a law, there are consequences. Don't see any need to say much more.

Done and a few more won't hurt.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Congrats! Hopefully you will still check this thread to see this...

Where do you prefer to shoot around here? Im not really close anymore with the people that own the property I used to shoot on. I never really was all that into anything that would require wide space (no explosive target shooting... Okay, well a few times ;)) so I figure I will just switch to an actual range. Im going to go to Midwest Gun and Range in the next few days and check them out. I hear good things. They are about the only place that comes to mind. Some Place to Shoot is in Michigan and always looked interesting, but its a bit of a drive.

I go to MWG&R. Nice place and nice people. No plans of going in the next week though. I usually go during the week in the morning. Have the range to myself. You pay for an hour but.... you're probably not on a timer.

Last edited:

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN

Who'd you call to find out bigo? Going on 9 weeks here. :xmad:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Got mine today. Finally the wait has paid off. I gave the paper work to Lowell Police the last Friday in March so maybe 13 weeks later here I am.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I wonder if ISP would become a little more motivated if people started carrying around shotguns or rifles after waiting 61 days or longer. Fully legal, and surely does gather a bit of attention.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    feeling a little sick here!!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:Wife called, it came today!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Looks like i'm going to have to decide on the P229 or LCP in the morning!:ar15:

Applied 3/31, cashed 4/14, recieved 6/30!

well, where oh where is my pink paper?!?!?! My mo was cashed on the 14th as well. Marion co? WTH!!:xmad: Glad everyone is seeing some pink paper though so congrats to all those today who recieved their LTCH!:cool:

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    The truth pays off!! For anyone that has remembered any of my posts about my application, I finally received a call from a Lt. at ISP. Prior to this, and for checking "yes" on the dreaded mental health question, I was told by a nice lady at ISP to send in a letter stating everything that had gone on in my life around the timeframe I put on the document.

I sent that letter in on Friday, June 25th at like 2pm. The lady at ISP told me she meets with somebody about these types of situations prior to approving or denying applications. I got a call on Monday the 28th that I missed and returned it on the 29th. This morning I awoke to the phone ringing (pissed, thinking it was the same damn collectors calling for someone that does not live here) and it was the Lt.! I missed the damn thing again! So I hit re-dial and the lady that answered said he wasn't in.

I asked who might have called my house because I had only been in "contact" with the Lt. She did a quick page, put me on hold and bam! Lt. answers. He had elaborated on the letter I sent in and asked me to re-iterate it, and he said based off what he read, how old I am now and what he sees in my application, my specific situation does not "qualify" as being mental health. He said normally under these situations they do a followup at a mental health facility but judging by the structure of my letter and speaking to him now, he's going to go ahead and push it through the works.

Exactly 1 month to the day from going through L-1 and selecting yes to the dreaded question on 6/1, I should see it fri/sat or Monday! WOOHOO!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I wonder if ISP would become a little more motivated if people started carrying around shotguns or rifles after waiting 61 days or longer. Fully legal, and surely does gather a bit of attention.

Can you imagine the MWAG calls that would go on? That would defiantly get the ISPs notice but fast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom