• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Overnight 100,000 (est.) felons.
    I'm trying to figure how they would arrest, process, store, feed, etc. all of them in a short period of time.
    Loss of taxes due to quite a fair share losing their jobs due to being a felon and/or being in jail.
    Now you need more lawyers.
    And judges.
    And police.

I'm not saying it's impossible.
    But I was taught sometime in the military, never give an order that won't be obeyed.
    Cause at that time, you have lost your authority. The whole house of cards come crashing down.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm trying to figure how they would arrest, process, store, feed, etc. all of them in a short period of time.
    Loss of taxes due to quite a fair share losing their jobs due to being a felon and/or being in jail.
    And judges.
    And police.

But I was taught sometime in the military, never give an order that won't be obeyed.
    Cause at that time, you have lost your authority. The whole house of cards come crashing down.

Make them felons on paper, no jail time needed, just go round up the guns, plea deal in hand, and slap the owners with a big red F on their record with a year probation.

Fewer evil AR-15's and no guns for the dissidents for the rest of their lives. It's a gun grabber dream coming true.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And judges.
    And police.

Make them felons on paper, no jail time needed, just go round up the guns, plea deal in hand, and slap the owners with a big red F on their record with a year probation.

Fewer evil AR-15's and no guns for the dissidents for the rest of their lives. It's a gun grabber dream coming true.

Which ones? Where are they? Search where?
    How about going door to door? (No, I do NOT think that is a good idea)
    Surely everyone will allow the government to perform a search. Only the guilty need to hide behind the rules.
    Of course, having the police storm hundreds of thousands of houses, may I even say millions of houses, is a recipe for an accident.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Which ones? Where are they? Search where?
    How about going door to door? (No, I do NOT think that is a good idea)
    Surely everyone will allow the government to perform a search. Only the guilty need to hide behind the rules.
    Of course, having the police storm hundreds of thousands of houses, may I even say millions of houses, is a recipe for an accident.

Hundreds of them filed paperwork too late, that is their starting point. Get those to flip and turn on their friends who didn't register, repeat.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Hundreds of them filed paperwork too late, that is their starting point. Get those to flip and turn on their friends who didn't register, repeat.

And when those first few hundred get raided others will know they are coming and something bad will happen sooner or later because the police are just following orders

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And when those first few hundred get raided others will know they are coming and something bad will happen sooner or later because the police are just following orders

And when those people get raided, they'll go for plea bargains that include turning in as many people as possible to stay out of jail.

Only real way to avoid it is to have the police too fearful for their lives to be willing to even consider this. "Winning them over" doesn't keep a roof over their head and pay for their kid's college.

Just ask law enforcement on this forum whether a paycheck is more important than their views. I have personally had that questioned answered more than enough times to come to this conclusion.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Nope. And I'm willing to bet that most people there would not resist either. Talk is cheap. Are Washington countians ready to pop officer Friendly and sheriff Bob? I doubt it. If they won't stop them from kidnapping family they won't stop them from taking guns.

Here's the difference...
    There's maybe five or ten LEO's in the whole county. Their kids go to school with MY kids. I know them PERSONALLY. There are fates worse than being shot at the door. Like being a pariah in the community for generations. Let me put in more understandable terms. Instead of "Anonymous Cop #A1234" that's "Just Obeying Orders".... out here it would be like Frank N Stein or Phylodog having to go to door to door to INGO members. Against all that they know to be right. It's a different equation.

Literally it often would mean cops taking guns away from their own family. All of the jokes about "There's only 10 last names in the phone book?". Sometimes there's a positive to that.

About the worst thing that would happen here is that the cops would "just obey orders" and go sweep up a few guns for show. Then the populace would go back to having the contraband stashed away.

That said, these rural counties are clearly in the miniority. Another reason why I appreciate and value the stand taken by the Sheriffs in Utah. Folks out here could learn from them.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    maybe I'm a pessimist, but I'm curious to see how a confiscation attempt would work. Will people really fight back? What does fighting back look like? If a truck full of cops beats your door in at 1am whats the plan then?

I think at first the plan should not be to fight back, but be organized. I'd say if this happened in IN, we should be using resources such as INGO to set up phone trees, getting media in the tree early, especially if sympathetic reporters and legislators can be found, etc. Get FB and twitter accounts set up so a single post of "Joe Schmoe at 123 Some St. is being arrested for un-registered AWs" goes out to hundreds. You go willingly, but once the phone tree is activated, it hits media, the people are allerted "it's happening," protests start outside the place you are taken. It needs to be a 3-ring circus. You want the same media attention you would get for resisting, only you and the officers stay allive. they need to see an ORGANIZED show of force, but without the burnt gun powder. Let the legislators, judges, public, and arresting leo get the picture that there is mass behind the resistance before there is actually resistance. They can deal with lawbreakers one house at a time... Can they deal with a couple hundred surrounding the police station or with dozens showing up at the home they just finished raiding? Maybe they get the idea "it's not worth it" to continue to follow those orders. At that point you buy time to take it to the courts or back to the legislature....

That would be my suggestion to the people of CT. Better for a few folks to get the felony arrest up front than to get dead. Maybe a few yrs down the road you can get a sympathetic governor to pardon you or something and clear your record.

If you aren't organized, your options become limited... fight back or get arrested. Most will just get arrested. The 0.01% that might fight back won't get the major media attention and will have no lasting impact other than most likely being dead.

-rvb

Last edited:

XWARPATHX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    NWI
    Not meaning to sound dumb here but if a person doesn't have registered firearms then how will they know whos door to knock on? I dont think they would just start knocking on every door in CT?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not meaning to sound dumb here but if a person doesn't have registered firearms then how will they know whos door to knock on? I dont think they would just start knocking on every door in CT?
    Start with perusing the boxes of 4473s at the LGS? :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Well, the very FIRST ones will be the people that TRIED TO COMPLY WITH THIS UNCONSTITUTIONAL bull**** and missed the filing "deadline".
    They have handed in a "official" form with all of their information on it.

"Oh, sorry you missed the deadline, now we KNOW you have "illegal" unregistered weapons and/or magazines and are therefore committing a Class D Felony... please get in the boxcar..... for the children."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think at first the plan should not be to fight back, but be organized. I'd say if this happened in IN, we should be using resources such as INGO to set up phone trees, getting media in the tree early, especially if sympathetic reporters and legislators can be found, etc. Get FB and twitter accounts set up so a single post of "Joe Schmoe at 123 Some St. is being arrested for un-registered AWs" goes out to hundreds. You go willingly, but once the phone tree is activated, it hits media, the people are allerted "it's happening," protests start outside the place you are taken. It needs to be a 3-ring circus. You want the same media attention you would get for resisting, only you and the officers stay allive. they need to see an ORGANIZED show of force, but without the burnt gun powder. Let the legislators, judges, public, and arresting leo get the picture that there is mass behind the resistance before there is actually resistance. They can deal with lawbreakers one house at a time... Can they deal with a couple hundred surrounding the police station or with dozens showing up at the home they just finished raiding? Maybe they get the idea "it's not worth it" to continue to follow those orders. At that point you buy time to take it to the courts or back to the legislature....

That would be my suggestion to the people of CT. Better for a few folks to get the felony arrest up front than to get dead. Maybe a few yrs down the road you can get a sympathetic governor to pardon you or something and clear your record.

If you aren't organized, your options become limited... fight back or get arrested. Most will just get arrested. The 0.01% that might fight back won't get the major media attention and will have no lasting impact other than most likely being dead.

-rvb

I like this plan, or maybe some version of it.
    Non-violent protest in this situation at least at first would work better.
    You're not just fighting a battle.
    You're fighting a PR war.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

-rvb

Too much rep given out.
    I'll have to rep ya later

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Wow. Who sounds anti-American!!?? The officer sure got it backwards. :xmad:

Lt. Vance is a really backward kinda guy. He sounds blindly committed to putting a lot of good people in harm's way, in spite of the obvious foolishness of such a course of action. His servant/master analogy leaves a funny, metallic taste in my mouth, too.

Top Bottom