• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I think they are already thinking that. Which leaves the question, what are THEY going to do when they have to take down their friends? And I haven't seen what the law says about LEO's that own assault weapons that aren't dept. issue?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Maybe at first.
    But with the sheer numbers, some of those police are going to start saying, wow all these people are bad. Or, I knew Bill, and Joe, and etc.

Of course.

History has demonstrated time and again how those stripped of their natural right of defense were saved by conscientious objectors within the ranks of those stripping natural rights, sheer numbers and all.... well, except for may in places like Latvia.

Can you share a few examples?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course.

History has demonstrated time and again how those stripped of their natural right of defense were saved by conscientious objectors within the ranks of those stripping natural rights, sheer numbers and all.

Can you share a few examples?

You gave a theoretical scenario with your link.
    I did not realize we were going into history mode.

History tells us, that nothing is simple. That while things remain the same, there are minute differences. Should I go looking?
    There are thousands of instances in history of a cog in the "oppression" has had a change of heart.
    Maybe he had to arrest family, or friends family, or friends, etc.

Why not look at why the gas chambers were being built by the Nazis.
    Standard answer, because it was more efficient.
    More complex answer, because the troops doing the job with bullets and shovels were suffering incredible morale problems.
    Suicides, desertions, allowing prisoners to escape.
    Should I try to reference all them?

Eventually, they had to find a select group of men (and women) that could do that.
    Doesn't matter if they enjoyed it or did it from duty, or whatever the excuse. They could do it.
    But it wasn't running all smoothly, especially at first.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Go back to the Revolutionary war.
    British soldiers had been known to desert. A lot of them had colonial wives.

Did it stop the battle. NO.
    But it is a grain of sand on which battles are made.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I am simply looking for the names of "cogs" that had a change of heart and stood up for those being stripped of their natural rights.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I am simply looking for the names of "cogs" that had a change of heart and stood up for those being stripped of their natural rights.

In addition to Oskar Schindler,

Raoul Wallenberg
    John Rabe
    Chiune Sugihara

And I'm sure there were many, many more in the Underground Railroad in ante bellum America.

I don't know if they were exactly "cogs" but they acted at some risk to themselves.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    In addition to Oskar Schindler,

Raoul Wallenberg
    John Rabe
    Chiune Sugihara

And I'm sure there were many, many more in the Underground Railroad in ante bellum America.

I don't know if they were exactly "cogs" but they acted at some risk to themselves.

And a few more!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Also, the "we aren't coming for your guns" crown would just say, "Well, you were given a chance to register them and keep them, and you didn't follow the law, so you deserve to have them confiscated." Easy peasy.
    Except for the fact that there is no actual law. I am afraid someone will have to die defending their God given and Constitutional rights to bring this matter to an actual court case within our legal justice system. Of course it will be a landmark case and will be named after him.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Except for the fact that there is no actual law. I am afraid someone will have to die defending their God given and Constitutional rights to bring this matter to an actual court case within our legal justice system. Of course it will be a landmark case and will be named after him.

Yeah, just like Crispus Attucks.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Unfortunately, there always has to be a martyr for people to get their fat ass from behind the computer and ****ing do something about this nonsense.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Conn. officials tell gun owners to relinquish or destroy banned assault weapons | Fox News

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Couple of questions: :scratch:

1. Why does CT think people will comply to relenquish/destroy when they've already ignored registering?

2. If people didn't register their firearms how did the state know who to send the letters to?

Looks like there's going to be a lot of tragic boating accidents in CT :laugh:

Next they'll try to pull 4473's at LGS in CT. Mostly this seems to affect the handful of souls who mailed in their registrations too late. Wonder if CT confiscates automobiles that aren't re-registered by the deadline?

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    As terrible as I may sound I'm almost glad this is happening........hold on let me finish..... I'm glad it's happening to an extent because it will show all the "registration won't lead to confiscation" people to see what happens first hand and that that lame excuse is total BS!!!!!! I do feel bad for the CT people who have to deal with this though. It's totally unlawful and unconstitutional right in the face of the American people. Disgraceful!!!!!

Top Bottom