• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That's just what THEY want you to believe! Conspiracy!

That link is to a book by a know quack antivaxxer who claims he can cure autism with diet changes and chelation therapy.

Deposition of Kenneth Bock, M.D.

...(a) failed to obtain informed consent from the subjects, (b) coerced the subjects to sign waivers absolving the investigators of all legal liability as a condition of participating in the study, (c) charged research subjects for the investigational drug product without permission, and (d) failed to file an Investigational New Drug application, which is the fundamental prerequisite for testing investigational new drugs on human subjects...

It sounds like he should be in jail.

Steve is embarrassing himself again.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Steve is embarrassing himself again.

You think excessive amounts of sugar isn't bad for the human body? How very skeptical of you.

You can find this information all over the place. It's been well established since the 70's. Shoot, it's even on WebMD.

Immune System Boosters and Busters
    Eating or drinking too much sugar curbs immune system cells that attack bacteria. This effect lasts for at least a few hours after downing a couple of sugary drinks.

This is your usual M.O. I supply reasoned arguments and evidence, you supply a link calling one unimportant source a "quack" then vanish from the conversation.

Come back when you have some more insults. I'm familiar with the pseudo-skeptic playbook.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Are you even reading the thread? Try to keep up, level.eleven.

I didn't post that link because I agreed with the analysis of influenza. I didn't even read that, to be honest. It was simply one of several sources confirming the statements of Mr. Nowak from the CDC, because mrjarrel was questioning their authenticity.

The point that the CDC is actively manufacturing these sorts of hysterias still stands.

Please, continue embarrassing yourself. I'm sure your pseudo-skeptic buddies have some more blogs you can link.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    According to the CDC, measles has a 0.1-0.2% mortality rate. There is only a 0.1% chance of brain swelling, which would likely very rarely result in any kind of permanent damage if the child is monitored and treated appropriately. Last I read, the common flu was at a 0.2% mortality rate.

The U.S. Undertook a huge effort to essentially eradicate the illness here. Now politics is allowing it to return. When you clear fire ants from your property, you attack the crap out of the first colony that tries to re-establish itself.

measles sucks. Vaccine is easy and is quite effective. Will you take your unvaccinated family to Disney land or let them play with infected kids? They only have a 1:500 chance of dying.

Measles vaccine came came out in 1960s and people vaccinated their kids because the common knowledge was MEaSLES SUCKS. Now, we don't have that knowledge, and we have measles again. :facepalm:. If only autism was documented in 1960s and we could show a graph of something.stupid Monsanto wasn't even poisoning us then :(

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There were 644 cases of measles reported in 2014. Let's assume that all of these were actual measles cases, even though I'm sure that's likely not true. And I'm using this number even though it is uncharacteristically high, far above the average.

The total population of the U.S. in 2014 was 318 Million.

A quick calculation tells us that your odds of contracting the Measles was approximately 0.000203%.

Let's go ahead and take the higher CDC estimate of the Case Fatality Rate of Measles in the U.S. at 0.2%. Multiplying the two gives us the estimated odds of dying of a Measles infection in the U.S. in a given year:

0.000000406%.

The risk of encephalitis is half of that, and the risk of any permanent effects from encephalitis is substantially less.

To put that in perspective, your chances of being injured or killed by a lightning strike is 1/700,000 or

0.000143%.

If my arithmetic is correct (please correct me if it isn't), you are 352 times as likely to be struck by lightning as you are to be killed by a measles infection in the United States.

You have GOT to be joking with this logic. You take a non-epidemic year to gather your stats and then use them to downplay an actual epidemic. I'll use your logic on another topic.

i can't believe troops are worried about IEDs. Last year in America only TWO PEOPLE were injured from an IED. America's land mass is 526 times larger than Iraq's (guess), so statistically there would be 0.0038 IED deaths in Iraq.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This is textbook hysteria right out of the CDC Textbook On Hysteria. Again it fits perfectly with the OP. And its straight from the horse's mouth.

So... In January alone we've already had more cases than the annual incidence for most of the last 15 years, and last year was 600% higher than typical. Do you not think that is a disturbing trend that warrants discussion and reaction?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The U.S. Undertook a huge effort to essentially eradicate the illness here. Now politics is allowing it to return.

How are politics "allowing" measles to return? The politics are completely one-sided. The agencies and government officials are gung-ho about it herd medication. Bureaucrats at every level are on board. Even the President of the United States is spreading the fear. What more could the vaccine industry possibly ask for?

stupid Monsanto wasn't even poisoning us then :(

Well, about that...

DDT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Polychlorinated biphenyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So... In January alone we've already had more cases than the annual incidence for most of the last 15 years, and last year was 600% higher than typical. Do you not think that is a disturbing trend that warrants discussion and reaction?

Discuss away. Just not using tax dollars. I am not down with government scaremongering. Let the drug salesmen do that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How are politics "allowing" measles to return? The politics are completely one-sided. The agencies and government officials are gung-ho about it herd medication. Bureaucrats at every level are on board. Even the President of the United States is spreading the fear. What more could the vaccine industry possibly ask for?

let's see. Measles is huge in other countries, folks come here without any sort of oversight, and we get epidemics. Look at the enterovirus outbreak last year. Politics.

i think the Ddt discussion has been had enough

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Discuss away. Just not using tax dollars. I am not down with government scaremongering. Let the drug salesmen do that.

Yes, the drug salesmen who sell the measles pill... Drug companies rarely advertise vaccines that have been around for fifty years.

What, if anyThing, should centers for DISEASE CONTROL do if not what they are doing with measles?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Some people are suspicious that [the autism rate] is connected to the vaccines, this person included." Obama, 4/08

Guess the media gives him a pass on that now.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "Some people are suspicious that [the autism rate] is connected to the vaccines, this person included." Obama, 4/08

Guess the media gives him a pass on that now.

Hey, once he got backing from the pharmaceutical industry, the side effects vanished. Poof. No more paralysis, brain damage, death. There's not a single reason to think twice!

"I understand that there are families that in some cases are concerned about the effect of vaccinations. The science is, you know, pretty indisputable. We've looked at this again and again. There is every reason to get vaccinated, but there aren't reasons to not," said Obama.

Top Bottom