Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You picked a perfect article to fit with the OP. Looks like the NYT got the CDC memo on effective use of scare tactics.

"Predicting dire consequences"... check.
    "Producing anxiety"... check.
    "Influencing perceptions of danger"... check.
    Appealing to authority... check.

Run for your booster shots! Omg!

Wow, they really followed the playbook didn't they.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Huggy Bear will live forever in our hearts and minds.

Antonio Fargas....seems to be doing fine
    AntonioFargas.com

Of course he is fine. Huggy Bear followed the INGO path to health:

1. Only use illegal drugs.
    2. Take a vigorous constitutional jive walk down the streets.
    3. Use Poptarts in a responsible manner.
    4. Always wrap your head in tin foil at night so the Monsanto mind-control rays do not penetrate your head.

And . . .

5. Always have a goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc6rbEt7Xwc

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Of course he is fine. Huggy Bear followed the INGO path to health:

[STRIKE]1. Only use illegal drugs.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]2. Take a vigorous constitutional jive walk down the streets.[/STRIKE]
    3. Use Poptarts in a responsible manner.
    [STRIKE]4. Always wrap your head in tin foil at night so the Monsanto mind-control rays do not penetrate your head.[/STRIKE]

I see that Kirk is reduced to the form of a 6-year old, rambling about nonsense, when he is confronted with medical knowledge.

While I hate to further confront you with knowledge, Kirk, the scientific path to health does include proper nutrition.

Sugar, as found in large quantities in Poptarts, does suppress the immune system.

Vitamin A is crucial to fighting off a Measles infection. Magic foods, as you call them, such as kale, carrots and squash can significantly boost your immune response.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    On INGO one is allowed to be hysterical as long as you are fighting the right kind of hysteria, like all the silly hysteria about illegal drugs, vaccines, or wearing coats.

People are welcome to be hysterical all they like. I take issue with the government generating it at the behest of their corporate sponsors, which is the point of this thread.

There are valid reasons in life to be emotional, to be passionate and even to be afraid. Measles ain't one of 'em. Not for us, at least.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There were 644 cases of measles reported in 2014. Let's assume that all of these were actual measles cases, even though I'm sure that's likely not true. And I'm using this number even though it is uncharacteristically high, far above the average.

The total population of the U.S. in 2014 was 318 Million.

A quick calculation tells us that your odds of contracting the Measles was approximately 0.000203%.

Let's go ahead and take the higher CDC estimate of the Case Fatality Rate of Measles in the U.S. at 0.2%. Multiplying the two gives us the estimated odds of dying of a Measles infection in the U.S. in a given year:

0.000000406%.

The risk of encephalitis is half of that, and the risk of any permanent effects from encephalitis is substantially less.

To put that in perspective, your chances of being injured or killed by a lightning strike is 1/700,000 or

0.000143%.

If my arithmetic is correct (please correct me if it isn't), you are 352 times as likely to be struck by lightning as you are to be killed by a measles infection in the United States.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here we have a $6.6 billion bureaucracy on a mission to scare and manipulate the public, and the response is "well it happens on ingo."

Seriously?

Top Bottom