• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I thought this was going to be about INGO posts after Obama's reelection or the UN Small Arms Control documents.

Still waiting on those blue helmets to show. I hope they had their vaccinations.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought this was going to be about INGO posts after Obama's reelection or the UN Small Arms Control documents.

Still waiting on those blue helmets to show. I hope they had their vaccinations.

Ah yes...the small arms treaty. I fondly remember a few exchanges about that....and the deplorable lack of comprehension about how a treaty is ratified. Good times, good times.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The OP is not exaggerating. The CDC blatantly spreads panic and fear using emotive propaganda to fill the coffers of their corporate cronies. The CDC's associate director for communications, Dr. Glen Nowak, spells it out clearly. He was pretty much an expert on drug propaganda and manipulating the public.

Check out the official slides below. This presentation is a manual for creating hysteria used to sell vaccines.

In order to generate "interest and demand" the authorities are instructed to "state concern" and "predict dire outcomes."

Here, the CDC instructs health authorities to release "continued reports that influenza is causing severe illness" in order to "foster the perception" of influenza apocalypse.

Here, Dr. Nowak encourages authorities to play on the "perceptions" of unwitting patients.

This one is great. The CDC's success is defined as "creat[ing] motivating levels of concern and anxiety about influenza."

Also, "inducing worry, raised anxiety, and concern..."

This is a propaganda handbook for the hysterical drug pushers. And it plays out in the news regularly. Just read the headlines. "MEASLES OUTBREAK AT DISNEYLAND, OMG!!! EXPERTS WARN OF ITCHY RASHES, URGE IMMEDIATE BOOSTER SHOTS. RUN, DON'T WALK. AAHHHHH"

Here is the link to the official slideshow.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is a propaganda handbook for the hysterical drug pushers. And it plays out in the news regularly. Just read the headlines. "MEASLES OUTBREAK AT DISNEYLAND, OMG!!! EXPERTS WARN OF ITCHY RASHES, URGE IMMEDIATE BOOSTER SHOTS. RUN, DON'T WALK. AAHHHHH"

How many of our "hysteria" proponents have had measles?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I have to say is that it's a good thing that at least one side in this vaccine debate isn't engaging in purposefully generating hysteria to advance their cause.

Anti-Vaxxers are the very picture of calm, rational communication of ideas.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Uh Kirk....Brady Bunch?

Yes, I'll take judicial notice that '70s sitcoms are irrefutable proof of a CDC conspiracy. But where does that leave Huggy Bear?

huggy.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    All I have to say is that it's a good thing that at least one side in this vaccine debate isn't engaging in purposefully generating hysteria to advance their cause.

Anti-Vaxxers are the very picture of calm, rational communication of ideas.

One of these groups lavishly subsidized by taxpayers and endowed with authority.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Are you suggesting that those slides are fake? Because it has been documented on many sites, including quotes from Mr. Nowak himself.

There's a chance they could be fake. I'd rather see a link to the slides that links to the CDC. Anyone can produce slides in a few minutes with Power Point. I mean, seriously. The site has links for mind control and every other conspiracy out there. If I don't trust World Nut Daily and Breitbart, I'm certainly not going to grant it to Whale.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There's a chance they could be fake. I'd rather see a link to the slides that links to the CDC. Anyone can produce slides in a few minutes with Power Point. I mean, seriously. The site has links for mind control and every other conspiracy out there. If I don't trust World Nut Daily and Breitbart, I'm certainly not going to grant it to Whale.

What would your response be if they are real?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Here you go. http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity Files/PublicHealth/MicrobialThreats/Nowak.pdf

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lawrence-solomon/death-by-influenza_b_4661442.html

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Now, having read the entire slide show from steve's link, (not the HuffPo one) I see some exaggeration but see other things there that put it in context.
    Adopt more sophisticated approach to influenza-related communication:

" Greater investment in communication research"
    Greater appreciation of need for a) less nuanced messages/advice and b) development/use of a portfolio of messages and materials " Plans that extend beyond news media reliance! Recognition that the kind of communication activities envisioned (e.g., broad scope, high visibility, message frequency) require significant investment ! Greater understanding and use of risk communication principles (e.g., dilemma sharing, acknowledging uncertainty, providing coping strategies and advice)

Everyone knows that the flu season is often exaggerated. Doesn't mean getting vaccinated is a bad idea. Better safe than sorry.

In my lifetime I have seen diseases eradicated, (not by sweeping the floors or washing the dishes) by vaccination programs. Now I'm seeing some of these diseases resurgent because of the actions of foolish people listening to pseudo-science. And here I thought we were progressing. Next thing you know smallpox will be back and polio to boot.

Top Bottom