Today, call me Level 33. :lmfao:

image.jpg1_zpsro5mhtps.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you find that your posts start to resemble Kirk freeman's, you should really step back and question what you're doing with your life. I know that you're capable of original and intellectual thought, you can do better than that.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If you find that your posts start to resemble Kirk freeman's, you should really step back and question what you're doing with your life. I know that you're capable of original and intellectual thought, you can do better than that.

Hey, he can post however he wants.

It's his Reeeyyyy..eeeeeeeeeeet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not new, but doctors have backed down in the face of the anti-vax lunacy and they think they have to be more aggressive.

I don't know the best way to combat this anti-vax hysteria. I think you have to single out the leaders, like Jenny McCarthy and destroy their madness to show the followers that she and her arguments are bats**t crazy and based on someone who last had a science class in 7th grade.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Those of us in our 50's and older mostly have our immunity to measles from having had the disease. My guess is that we have passed the point, at least in the US, where the percentage of the population that mostly has their immunity from vaccines is greater. And, with the measles vaccine being introduced in 1963, we're mostly just in the 2nd generation of people who have gotten their immunity from vaccines.

That said, we're only just getting to the point where we will find out if getting immunity from the vaccine will lead to a better long-term outcome in terms of mortality due to measles. One thing that is clear is that, when the only way for people to get immunity was get the disease, a small percentage of people with no immunity was not nearly as much of a danger to the rest as it seems to be in our population where the majority have their immunity from the vaccine.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The bullying never stopped, Kirk. It's stayed the same.

The first step in winning over parents would be to stop pretending they listen to Jenny McCarthy. Most don't. Most are ten times as informed in this subject as you are, no admittedly low bar.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The first step in winning over parents would be to stop pretending they listen to Jenny McCarthy.

That's the leader. Cut off the head and the snake dies.

Got to humiliate her and the anti-vax loons will go away.

I'm just glad there is an open discussion about how to deal with the anti-vaxers and the harm they are causing: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-anti-vaxxers-be-shamed-or-persuaded/385109/

Most don't. Most are ten times as informed in this subject as you are, no admittedly low bar.

Informed? No, they are not informed. The anti-vaxers hold MRS degrees or art history. They hold anti-vax positions as outgrowths of their political positions.

They don't know anything other than daddy is telling them to go to bed so they oppose it in a knee-jerk manner.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There is no leader. In my experience these folks think for themselves. You can continue with your idiocy if you like, but you'll continue losing this debate; especially since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is no leader.

You guys have leaders McCarthy, Aufderheide, Wakefield, they are all fraudsters.

In my experience these folks think for themselves.

I would not characterize feeling as thinking. They are scared of science as they have no background in it; this is the archetype, the mommy bloggers who feel scared for their children: Leaving the Anti-Vaccine Movement Voices For Vaccines

See how the anti-vaxers "think for themselves": http://www.ibtimes.com/marin-county...look-epicenter-anti-vaccination-trend-1808182

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There is a growing movement, Kirk, and plenty of them are informed and intelligent. Some are well respected doctors. Sure, there's a few who listen to celebrities and decide by feeling but those are not the majority, in my experience. The majority have legitimate, scientifically founded concerns and would like them addressed instead of mocked.

You're free to continue the path of bullying if you like, but you'll continue to lose. Become informed and make a good case and I'll listen. Honest. The sputtering babbling propaganda ain't working.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a growing movement, Kirk, and plenty of them are informed and intelligent.

Nothing more than hysterical mommy bloggers. I do not characterize feeling as intelligence.

The majority have legitimate, scientifically founded concerns and would like them addressed instead of mocked.

Flat earthers get mocked. If flat earthers don't want to be mocked, they can study.

You're free to continue the path of bullying if you like, but you'll continue to lose.

Lose? Yup, just like I said, it is politics. The anti-vaxers see vaccines as an extension of their politicial views. They resent mommy and daddy telling them to brush their teeth and go to bed because they know more than mommy and daddy.

Top Bottom