• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Responsible parents need to make their voices heard. Contact your lawmakers and request legislation ending non-medical exemptions.

The evidence on this (like the evidence on vaccinations themselves) is clear. If we end both religious and personal belief exemptions to vaccine requirements for public school attendance, leaving only the medical exemption intact, far fewer children will go unvaccinated.

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/...ildren-end-religious-and-personal-exemptions/

level is correct...In this case it is both the extreme left and the extreme right that are creating an atmosphere that, like Kirk said, endangers some of the most vulnerable in society i.e. the elderly and already sick...I don't see how it can be "forced" but it is something that we as a society can do to prevent needless illness and possibly deaths...

IMHO...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    When the rights and beliefs of some individuals put others at risk, she said, “those rights and beliefs should be challenged.

You know what's great about this quote from your article? It is often said about gun owners as well, and it really shows us where you stand when it comes to individual freedom.

We are not a herd, level.eleven, and thankfully you are not our shepherd.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jon Stewart Asks Why Diseases with Vaccines Are Making Comeback, Younger Jon Stewart Provides the Answer

[video=youtube;GzWqprZcf70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzWqprZcf70&feature=youtu.be[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No man is an island entire of itself; every man
    is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
    if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
    is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
    well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
    own were; any man's death diminishes me,
    because I am involved in mankind.
    And therefore never send to know for whom
    the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

If you did that from memory color me impressed.....I hadn't seen that quote in a while..It reminds me of my favorite Hemingway quote..."Good writers write, Great writers steal"....

I always figured he had "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in mind when he said that...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

If that is good for the pro vaxers, isn't it good for the "it takes a village" crowd?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Posting the opinions of celebrity comedians and magicians to make your case ain't a whole lot better than the folks who cite Jenny McCarthy.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Posting the opinions of celebrity comedians and magicians to make your case ain't a whole lot better than the folks who cite Jenny McCarthy.

Sometimes the Jester delivers the news so as not to animate the ones who might be decribed as 'none so blind as those who will not see.'
    Dont let the facts get in the way of opinions. That's why we can't have nice things. I deny gravity! The world just SUCKS!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We love propaganda

It is a cherished American tradition to spend our taxdollars on hysterical propaganda campaigns. Why stop now?

The CDC is just recycling old tactics for use in the modern era. Instead of posters, they use press releases.

vintage_std_poster.jpg
    image.jpg

WWII-vd-poster.jpg
    3b48914r.jpg

std12n-6-web.jpg

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We love mercury

Well into the mid-20th century, doctors were administering toxic mercury treatments to sick patients. It was inhaled, consumed, injected, and spread on open wounds and skin. The medical establishment thought mercury was an antiseptic and cure-all.

When patients died of mercury poisoning, it was usually chalked up as a death from the disease -- not the toxic cure. Keep that in mind when seeing the impressive death tolls from disease in the olden days. The medical community was gung-ho about poisoning people while they were at their weakest.

a025564-565x733.jpg
    d7c00194bfefccbe8a8b4882c67862af.jpg

And while trumpeting the benefits of injecting mercury and rubbing it on your genitals, the government was busy demonizing all other ideas as quackery.

Some things never change.

No-Home-Remedy-Or-Quack-Doctor-Ever-Cured-Syphilis-Or-Gonorrhea.jpg
    (loc.gov)

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Using prophylaxis

Here's more medical advice from the consensus of the bureaucrats and experts.

enhanced-buzz-22594-1346775274-12.jpg

An official government pamphlet explains...

"Can Syphilis Be Cured? Yes; the earlier you start treatment the easier it is to cure the disease. But it takes a long time and isn't always pleasant. you must keep it up long after you feel all right. You may think it foolish to take all this treatment after you feel well, but, unless you do, you may give the disease to others or break down in middle life.

The quack doctor often tries to sell you short-cuts to cure. He treats you as long as you can pay and then says you're cured. He hopes you'll believe him because you feel all right. But he knows better. All he really thinks about is your money, not your health."

-- U.S. War Department, Sex Hygiene and Venereal Disease, 30 September 1942

So what is the lengthy and unpleasant cure? Prophylaxis. Here, young man, rub this Calomel (mercury) on your junk.

dough_boy-1024x410.jpg

And don't forget to take some Mercury Bichloride poison tablets. Brought to you by your friends at Eli Lilly.

june_21lillypoisad.gif

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Quick thought experiment for the class. How do we each react to the following statement;
    "First of all, the risk of being attacked by a someone intent on doing you harm is miniscule. Death or permanent injury is in the 0.1% range.

Secondly, this is not about guns. This is about NRA manufactured hysteria.

Gun manufacturers and the NRA are quite literally pressuring our government to manufacture this hysteria to promote sales of their products.

That doesn't bother you?"

I thought that for many of us the decision to utilize our Second Amendment right isn't because the odds are high (unless you live in certain areas), but that the stakes are high

False analogy. Carrying a gun responsibly has no negative consequences for others. Not vaccinating does have negative consequences for others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom