• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm confused by this post. You do know that permanent neurological damage is a documented and confirmed side effect of some vaccines, right?

It is considered to be fairly rare, but it is documented fact. Rand is correct.

People can be permanently injured or die of the diseases vaccinated against. It is a documented fact.

Which is more common? I honestly don't know. Everything in life has risks.

I suppose there are some people who were trapped in cars and burned to death because of seatbelts. I'll take my chances and buckle up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honest question: Are you legally required to be vaccinated for anything in Indiana to be a legal resident of Indiana? Or are we just talking about the people of the states requiring children to be vaccinated as a condition of availing themselves of the public schools?

Admission to schools is the only thing I am aware of in Indiana.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    People can be permanently injured or die of the diseases vaccinated against. It is a documented fact.

Yeah, I agree... But that doesn't clear up your post. Which of his statements conveys hysteria?

Which is more common? I honestly don't know. Everything in life has risks.

If you don't know then why are you "pointing and laughing" at people who refuse a vaccine? Aren't we all just looking at the risks and making a judgment call?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Honest question: Are you legally required to be vaccinated for anything in Indiana to be a legal resident of the state? Or are we just talking about the people of the states deciding it is the best interest of public health requiring children to be vaccinated as a condition of availing themselves of the public schools?

No. The only place the discussion is relevant is in a public school. But, no, not even in schools. It is possible to go through your entire life, including public schools, without ever having a vaccine.

But its only a sliver of freedom, that survives as an exemption to compulsory rules inside a compulsory education system. This modicum of personal choice is what some control freaks would like to obliterate.

Indiana Code 20-34-3

IC 20-34-3-2
    Religious objections
    Sec. 2. (a) Except as otherwise provided, a student may not be required to undergo any testing, examination, immunization, or treatment required under this chapter or IC 20-34-4 when the child's parent objects on religious grounds. A religious objection does notexempt a child from any testing, examination, immunization, or treatment required under this chapter or IC 20-34-4 unless the objection is:
    (1) made in writing;
    (2) signed by the child's parent; and
    (3) delivered to the child's teacher or to the individual who might order a test, an exam, an immunization, or a treatment absent the objection.
    (b) A teacher may not be compelled to undergo any testing,examination, or treatment under this chapter or IC 20-34-4 if the teacher objects on religious grounds. A religious objection does not exempt an objecting individual from any testing, examination, or treatment required under this chapter or IC 20-34-4 unless the objection is:
    (1) made in writing;
    (2) signed by the objecting individual; and
    (3) delivered to the principal of the school in which the objecting individual teaches.
    IC 20-34-3-3
    Exception for student's health
    Sec. 3. If a physician certifies that a particular immunization required by this chapter or IC 20-34-4 is or may be detrimental to a student's health, the requirements of this chapter or IC 20-34-4 for that particular immunization is inapplicable for the student until the immunization is found no longer detrimental to the student's health.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No. The only place the discussion is relevant is in a public school. But, no, not even in schools. It is possible to go through your entire life, including public schools, without ever having a vaccine.

But its only a sliver of freedom, that survives as an exemption to compulsory rules inside a compulsory education system. This modicum of personal choice is what some control freaks would like to obliterate.

Indiana Code 20-34-3

I thought, in Indiana, you were only required to attend a school, not necessarily, a state/locally funded school. In the statute you point to, it appears, if you are intent on attending a public school, they give you an easy out for not having your kids vaccinated.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I thought, in Indiana, you were only required to attend a school, not necessarily, a state/locally funded school. In the statute you point to, it appears, if you are intent on attending a public school, they give you an easy out for not having your kids vaccinated.

For a family without the means of funding or independently operating another school, public school is absolutely mandatory. And in public schools, vaccines are forced on children, with two narrow exceptions: children with a doctor's note (which probably means the poor kid was already maimed by vaccines); and people who claim that vaccines violate their religion.

This is a system built on injustice. For example, an honest atheist is afforded no exemption unless he lies. That is very much a forced vaccination. What the state needs is a philosophical exemption, which requires no explanation or excuse.

Better yet, let personal health care decisions be left between doctors and patients. It is offensive to me that such an intimate freedom is only granted as an "exemption" to a mandate. Abolish the mandates.

Are nurses (and maybe even doctors) required by law to get (among other things) flu shots? Or is that just a employer mandate?

Its all employer based.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For a family without the means of funding or independently operating another school, public school is absolutely mandatory. And in public schools, vaccines are forced on children, with two narrow exceptions: children with a doctor's note (which probably means the poor kid was already maimed by vaccines); and people who claim that vaccines violate their religion.

This is a system built on injustice. For example, an honest atheist is afforded no exemption unless he lies. That is very much a forced vaccination. What the state needs is a philosophical exemption, which requires no explanation or excuse.

Better yet, let personal health care decisions be left between doctors and patients. It is offensive to me that such an intimate freedom is only granted as an "exemption" to a mandate. Abolish the mandates.

Its all employer based.

I wonder how many of those claiming they have the religious freedom not to bake an offensive cake will stand up for the religious freedom of those who claim vaccinations violate their religion.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Its all employer based.

Come on Rambone...that is a strawman and your arguments are stronger than this. There are legitimate medical reasons for why a doctor may write to exempt a child from certain vaccines.

Otherwise, I see it as a choice. I'll grant that it would be preferable to change the language from religious to philosophical but the parent has a choice to make. It's only a mandate if you decide public schooling is your only option.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If only all the energy expended in threads like this could be harnessed for some useful purpose!

Ah well, one can dream...

And before all the hate, just asking questions here! :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Come on Rambone...that is a strawman and your arguments are stronger than this. There are legitimate medical reasons for why a doctor may write to exempt a child from certain vaccines.

Yes, there are many medical reasons to object to vaccinating. But try telling that to most doctors.

My sister is a nurse. She went into convulsions after a shot she was pressured to take, and even she can barely convince doctors that she medically should not receive more vaccines. She faces condescension and harassment over it every flu season. To them she is an ignorant "anti-vaxxer."

The "medical exemption" for public school is not worth much.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, there are many medical reasons to object to vaccinating. But try telling that to most doctors.

My sister is a nurse. She went into convulsions after a shot she was pressured to take, and even she can barely convince doctors that she medically should not receive more vaccines. She faces condescension and harassment over it every flu season. To them she is an ignorant "anti-vaxxer."

The "medical exemption" for public school is not worth much.

Exercising your rights under the law is not always popular.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Exercising your rights under the law is not always popular.

You're missing his point, I think. He is trying to point out the uselessness of the 'medical exemption' rule. His sister had convulsions immediately after her vaccination, as an adult, and even then her doctor wouldn't admit that the vaccine caused it.

If you're not religious, don't count on getting an exemption.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Responsible parents need to make their voices heard. Contact your lawmakers and request legislation ending non-medical exemptions.

The evidence on this (like the evidence on vaccinations themselves) is clear. If we end both religious and personal belief exemptions to vaccine requirements for public school attendance, leaving only the medical exemption intact, far fewer children will go unvaccinated.

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/...ildren-end-religious-and-personal-exemptions/

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I got measles as a kid...I itched a bit and survived...Got to watch Dark Shadows and quite a few Batman episodes...

Checked with mom...It was Chicken Pox, not measles...Been clucking along ever since....

They used to have panics like this in Europe back in the Middle Ages..."Ooh scary...Black Death and Bubonic Plague"...Just a bunch of hype ginned up by the Church and the Elites to take away peoples freedom and such...:)

Every now and again Nature kills folks..It happens and will happen again...To be eternally vigilant and to prevent what we can just makes sense as mrjarrel said...I agree with steveh and mrjarrel that it should not be forced but it should be something folks do and should also be made available to all who want the vaccines....

I was alive during the April 3rd tornado outbreaks and right about the time I was starting to tell the local newscasters to quit "hyping every storm that rolls through here" I saw Henryville and Marysville get wiped of the map in three minutes by a super cell that they had spent all day hyping....

As the late George Carlin once said, "Mother Earth could shake us human's off like a bad case of Fleas.." It is naive to think disease is not one arrow in her quiver.....

IMHO of course...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...They used to have panics like this in Europe back in the Middle Ages..."Ooh scary...Black Death and Bubonic Plague"...Just a bunch of hype ginned up by the Church and the Elites to take away peoples freedom and such...:)...

...and there's my morning chuckle.

Top Bottom