• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    When someone with an anti-gun history as president says things like "I like taking the guns early" and "Take the guns first, then go through due process" I believe him.

I am going to vote for him, but the silence from the fragile folks on this stuff gets us nowhere. Tapping the screen in November and telling oneself they are somehow supporting a RKBA fighter is delusional. The sooner we collectively, loudly, repudiate this crap the safer we will be.

I refuse to be lectured on how gun-grabbing by gun-grabbers is good for my health. I am not falling for it however it is spun.
    ^^^ THIS
    I did not vote for Trump last time. There are a lot of things I don't like about him, and I don't believe he is truly "pro-gun". His advocacy of RED-FLAG LAWS is a huge deal for me. He was in favor of the assault weapons ban when it was enacted.

What I do like about him is the fact that politicians don't like him. I'm typically not one to vote for the "lesser of 2 evils". I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I will be voting for Trump this election. I really don't think that he will lose Indiana, but I think that the overall vote totals should be as high as possible.

That being said, I am sick of people compromising on the 2nd Amendment. The bump stock ban was unconstitutional. Red flag laws are unconstitutional. Seriously, Trump did more to hurt the 2nd Amendment than Obama! Obama was full of talk, but Trump took action against the 2nd Amendment.

To be fair both positions can be consistent.

You can think bump stocks should be regulated and not want BATFE to do it arbitrarily without legislation.

Would anyone else support a bill that would swap out bump stocks for suppressors on the NFA list?
    They could be, but the way the NRA played it, the are NOT AT ALL consistent.

NRA-ILA filed an amicus curiae (or friend of the court) brief in the United States Supreme Court urging the court to invalidate ATF’s 2018 rule that classified bump stocks as machine guns. This is the second time NRA-ILA has filed an amicus curiae brief at the Supreme Court in a case challenging this rule, in addition to several other briefs that were filed in the lower courts.

BUT... Before that...
    "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations," Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox, then of the NRA, said in a statement at the time, stopping short of explicitly concluding that bump stocks in fact do just that.

These are completely contradictory positions (typically of the NRA).

The NRA is full of S***. They have been for a LONG time. I gave up my membership when I was around 19 or 20, and they were advocating a federal law that would require US citizens to be 21 to carry a handgun. They were LITERALLY trying to take my guns away from me. F*** the NRA. They are worse than worthless. Complete sell-outs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Clinton AWB is why I now have 3 ARs.

Before the AWB...
    Why would I need one of those? They're too expensive. I don't need one of those.

Ban is announced

F them
    They can't tell me.
    Goes out, and buys an "HBAR sporter".

Later on..
    I need a .22 to shoot cheaply, especially with the Scouts. Don't want to just get an "upper" or a conversion.
    Buys another AR... in .22

Later on..
    I wish I had one in .308
    Buys another AR... in .308

All because of the Clinton AWB

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Before the AWB...
    Why would I need one of those? They're too expensive. I don't need one of those.

Ban is announced

F them
    They can't tell me.
    Goes out, and buys an "HBAR sporter".

Later on..
    I need a .22 to shoot cheaply, especially with the Scouts. Don't want to just get an "upper" or a conversion.
    Buys another AR... in .22

Later on..
    I wish I had one in .308
    Buys another AR... in .308

All because of the Clinton AWB
    It's the natural progression of things...
    Don't start looking at lever guns.

Top Bottom