• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe it's not the pulling of the parent out, but the combination of pulling the parent out AND forcing the admittance of sick people.

Sure, I get it- not a fan of forced housing of COVID patients with those who are not ill. Bad idea. ....but if the family of COVID positive elderly person can't or won't take them in, something had to be done. Something better than this....but that's not exactly a easy problem to solve.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wow! What cutting edge science! The headline is wrong, I believe what they determined was the filtration material worked in a lab separating mice, not that facemasks use does.

Hmm, now let's do a real study with untrained human subjects, with human itches, with beards, wanting to talk, wanting to smile, wanting to be heard, in non-sterile environments, touching their mask every sixty seconds while selecting products...

Terrible reporting. They do not even tell us the material used for filtration.

And the the study does not address serious issues from mask wear...

All in all, just some quick research to get more grant money...

Not sure the actual material but they did reference the use of 'surgical masks' but how many people have those.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    #1- You assume that "a person" had the knowledge that infected people were being pushed into those nursing homes instead of being protected from such an event.
    #2- I know that California doesn't believe that intentionally infecting people with a potentially deadly disease is wrong, but most people have more common sense and better morality. Pulling her own mother out of that situation indicates that she understood the likely effect of her decision.

#1 It is serious "head in the sand" to assume any nursing home is "safe", or even was safe when this started, regardless of policy.
    #2 See post 761 above.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It is probably one of the stupidest things I have heard about during this whole cluster**** is to force known infected people in a building with a bunch of old vulnerable people.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! What cutting edge science! The headline is wrong, I believe what they determined was the filtration material worked in a lab separating mice, not that facemasks use does.

Hmm, now let's do a real study with untrained human subjects, with human itches, with beards, wanting to talk, wanting to smile, wanting to be heard, in non-sterile environments, touching their mask every sixty seconds while selecting products...

Terrible reporting. They do not even tell us the material used for filtration.

And the the study does not address serious issues from mask wear...

All in all, just some quick research to get more grant money...

Huh. Exactly the same thing I was complaining about with respect to an earlier, linked article. The headline doesn't match the article, and completely mis-states the results/conclusion of the study.

I guess, unless we all want to live in cages covered by mask filter medium...

Everthing cited about human behavior was witnessed last night in a trip to the grocery, though I did fail to mention the employee struggling to breathe through the makeshift mask he had.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That conservatives and liberals will react to the facts differently and believe different things are important is to be expected and I have no problem with it.

What I object to is: 1) deciding what facts you want to believe based upon whether you are a conservative, or worse yet, based upon whether a conservative or liberal is stating them and 2) that other side is comprised of evil people with evil motives. A person can be wrong, wholly, wrong and completely wrong and still not be evil. These are what results in the kind of polarization that is so damaging.

And I have to say, every time I see Whitmer's face I get a little more creeped out. Jack White doesn't have that effect on me. I think it's because she's pure evil and he's just a musician.
    :sigh:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is Mr. Levine:
    gkKWfaK.jpg

Want to take a guess at his political affiliation?

giphy.gif

RichardLevine.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Morning Edition had a story this morning on the problems of political interference in medical research. They expressed a lot of points that INGO has been saying. :gasp!:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/20/8592...nterferes-with-recruiting-research-volunteers

Wow!

They implied the interference is totally Trump's fault, because EVERYONE knows that if Trump is for it, it must be bad.

The question was asked, "Who wouldn't want to find a treatment?" Apparently, many people don't want to take part in a study that might prove Trump right. "Better dead than admit Trump wasn't wrong."

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow!

They implied the interference is totally Trump's fault, because EVERYONE knows that if Trump is for it, it must be bad.

The question was asked, "Who wouldn't want to find a treatment?" Apparently, many people don't want to take part in a study that might prove Trump right. "Better dead than admit Trump wasn't wrong."

That was my take away, which doesn't mean it's Trump's fault, but those with TDS; or so I inferred. Which is what INGO has been saying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom