Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I quests we will just have to disagree. Do you not see historically that the polarization of the last 50 years is far beyond any partisanship of the 50 years before it? We are now at a point that to approve judges, that years of precedent had to be scrapped because a 60% majority could not be had.

I think the point was that the polarization is not all one side. For example:

You mean this? This is criticizing politicization, not promoting it.
    hINO405.jpg

It's fair enough to criticize the politicization of the left against Trump. He doesn't deserve all the negative press he gets. As I mentioned earlier they spin what he says into a straw man and then the left faithfully knocks it down. But the above isn't a neutral criticism either.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That conservatives and liberals will react to the facts differently and believe different things are important is to be expected and I have no problem with it.

What I object to is: 1) deciding what facts you want to believe based upon whether you are a conservative, or worse yet, based upon whether a conservative or liberal is stating them and 2) that other side is comprised of evil people with evil motives. A person can be wrong, wholly, wrong and completely wrong and still not be evil. These are what results in the kind of polarization that is so damaging.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That conservatives and liberals will react to the facts differently and believe different things are important is to be expected and I have no problem with it.

What I object to is: 1) deciding what facts you want to believe based upon whether you are a conservative, or worse yet, based upon whether a conservative or liberal is stating them and 2) that other side is comprised of evil people with evil motives. A person can be wrong, wholly, wrong and completely wrong and still not be evil. These are what results in the kind of polarization that is so damaging.

This ^^^ is spot on. Good Lord, I've debated with conservatives, liberals, independents and whatever else is out there. It depends on the topic and the group.

If I thought everyone who disagreed with me was "evil" I'd might as well shoot myself and get it done with.

Tribes are fine and dandy, until we decide the tribe on the other side of the river needs to be destroyed rather than worked with. Cooperation is often preferable to competition.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

This ^^^ is spot on. Good Lord, I've debated with conservatives, liberals, independents and whatever else is out there. It depends on the topic and the group.

If I thought everyone who disagreed with me was "evil" I'd might as well shoot myself and get it done with.

Tribes are fine and dandy, until we decide the tribe on the other side of the river needs to be destroyed rather than worked with. Cooperation is often preferable to competition.

Regards,

Doug

[video=youtube;YH0eHzTKEMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0eHzTKEMY[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

It's fair enough to criticize the politicization of the left against Trump. He doesn't deserve all the negative press he gets. As I mentioned earlier they spin what he says into a straw man and then the left faithfully knocks it down. But the above isn't a neutral criticism either.

I read the original post as a simple lament that even prescription drugs are polarizing in the political environment today and responded that way. Too tired to back that many pages to repost the thread.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I don't recall the right politicizing life saving medication as part of a campaign strategy. :rolleyes:

I also don't recall them bringing articles of impeachment every time the wind blows, during a national crisis.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Are all the Obama administration officials that stated one thing under oath and repeatedly went on national TV and said the opposite evil, or just wrong?

Is my neighbor that thinks Obama a saint and believes everything on CNN evil? No, just misinformed to me?

Am I evil to some because I support the NRA and Second Amendment? To most leftists the answer is yes.

It it is documented in studies that the left does not understand the right and libertarian views, though it is not true in reverse.

I do believe that currently some left politicians are evil and have evil motives. I do not believe that of the right, though plenty are crooks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And the left-leaning people, both strangers and personally known, who have wished COVID infection on people generally, and Trump specifically? What of them?

(The posted tweet is an appropriate response to such sentiment.)

To paraphrase for jetta, 'Sometimes you have to go to scolding with the audience you have, not with the audience you want'

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apparently Michigan Governor ordered Covid patients into nursing homes.
    But she's against people's 1st Amendment, because they "might" spread the virus.

[video=youtube_share;fBOYNWFTXFA]https://youtu.be/fBOYNWFTXFA[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently Michigan Governor ordered Covid patients into nursing homes.
    But she's against people's 1st Amendment, because they "might" spread the virus.

[video=youtube_share;fBOYNWFTXFA]https://youtu.be/fBOYNWFTXFA[/video]
    Seems to be a common strategy among democrat governors to house the sick with the most vulnerable. But Trump is responsible for all the deaths.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And I have to say, every time I see Whitmer's face I get a little more creeped out. Jack White doesn't have that effect on me. I think it's because she's pure evil and he's just a musician.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seems to be a common strategy among democrat governors to house the sick with the most vulnerable. But Trump is responsible for all the deaths.

But remember, they're not evil, they "just have a different world view."
    It's just a different world view to stick coronavirus patients in the same confined space with those most vulnerable to it. No one could have ever guessed it would kill people. Only a crazy right winger would suspect this was done out of anything but pure love and compassion.

How much do you want to bet that the age group most commonly voting right wing in those areas was those in nursing homes?

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Trump.

If the shoe fits....

Oh the shoe fits obummer all right...

I was talking about these companies that obummer gave money to which then failed - kind of like a gift to his buddies.
    Solyndra$535,000,000.00 Failed
    Abound Solar$400,000,000.00 Failed
    A123 Systems$279,000,000.00 Failed
    Enerl$118,500,000.00 Failed
    Range Fuels$80,000,000.00 Failed
    Beacon Power$43,000,000.00 Failed
    Raser Technologies$33,000,000.00 Failed
    Evergreen Solar$25,000,000.00 Failed
    Konarka Technologies$20,000,000.00 Failed
    Nordic Windpower$16,000,000.00 Failed
    Energy Conservation Devices$13,300,000.00 Failed
    Olsen's Mills Acquisition$10,000,000.00 Failed
    Stirling Energy Systems$7,000,000.00 Failed
    Thompson River Power$6,500,000.00 Failed
    Azure Dynamics$5,400,000.00 Failed
    Satcon$3,000,000.00 Failed
    Mountain Plaza, Inc.$2,000,000.00 Failed
    Willard and Kelsey Solar Grp$700,981.00 Failed
    SpectraWatt$500,000.00 Failed

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Oh the shoe fits obummer all right...

I was talking about these companies that obummer gave money to which then failed - kind of like a gift to his buddies.
    Solyndra$535,000,000.00Failed
    Abound Solar$400,000,000.00Failed
    A123 Systems$279,000,000.00Failed
    Enerl$118,500,000.00Failed
    Range Fuels$80,000,000.00Failed
    Beacon Power$43,000,000.00Failed
    Raser Technologies$33,000,000.00Failed
    Evergreen Solar$25,000,000.00Failed
    Konarka Technologies$20,000,000.00Failed
    Nordic Windpower$16,000,000.00Failed
    Energy Conservation Devices$13,300,000.00Failed
    Olsen's Mills Acquisition$10,000,000.00Failed
    Stirling Energy Systems$7,000,000.00Failed
    Thompson River Power$6,500,000.00Failed
    Azure Dynamics$5,400,000.00Failed
    Satcon$3,000,000.00Failed
    Mountain Plaza, Inc.$2,000,000.00Failed
    Willard and Kelsey Solar Grp$700,981.00Failed
    SpectraWatt$500,000.00Failed

But doggg...why are you so against "Creating America's Energy Leadership for the 21st Century?"

"These Are The Jobs Of The Future!"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Regards,

Doug
    I disagree.

:rofl:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here’s why people don’t trust government, and rightly so. Pennsylvania’s Health Secretary demands nursing homes accept COVID-19 positive admissions but pulls her own mother out of a nursing home and puts her up in a hotel. Disgusting.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pe...-care-facility-as-coronavirus-patients-return

Not defending the policy, but if a person had the wherewithal to get their parent out of a nursing home, why wouldn’t they? Maybe a few more families should have given this a thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom