Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I have to say, every time I see Whitmer's face I get a little more creeped out. Jack White doesn't have that effect on me. I think it's because she's pure evil and he's just a musician.

There have been those on Ingo that say she is easy on the eyes...….Yeah if you are Stevie ****ing Wonder.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not defending the policy, but if a person had the wherewithal to get their parent out of a nursing home, why wouldn’t they? Maybe a few more families should have given this a thought.

Maybe it's not the pulling of the parent out, but the combination of pulling the parent out AND forcing the admittance of sick people.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Not defending the policy, but if a person had the wherewithal to get their parent out of a nursing home, why wouldn’t they? Maybe a few more families should have given this a thought.

#1- You assume that "a person" had the knowledge that infected people were being pushed into those nursing homes instead of being protected from such an event.
    #2- I know that California doesn't believe that intentionally infecting people with a potentially deadly disease is wrong, but most people have more common sense and better morality. Pulling her own mother out of that situation indicates that she understood the likely effect of her decision.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    #1- You assume that "a person" had the knowledge that infected people were being pushed into those nursing homes instead of being protected from such an event.
    #2- I know that California doesn't believe that intentionally infecting people with a potentially deadly disease is wrong, but most people have more common sense and better morality. Pulling her own mother out of that situation indicates that she understood the likely effect of her decision.

BINGO.

This falls under the same category as congressman liquidating their portfolios while telling us everything is fine. It’s ****ing bull****.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    ZmsWm1H.jpg

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    You might want to watch this video. It is from a series that I follow called MedCram and he has come up with a daily regimen that appears to be very solid and doesn't require any prescriptions/permissions and can't be impacted by your doctors political views. He explains what he is taking any why. It is at least as affordable as hydroxychloroquine and has a much wider range of health benefits than avoiding/minimizing the Wuhan coronavirus. The relevant section is 1:30-11:00min.
    [video=youtube_share;NM2A2xNLWR4]https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4[/video]

Thanks… I just added three supplements to my regimen.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...A person can be wrong, wholly, wrong and completely wrong and still not be evil...

Did you happen to catch the ACS podcast yesterday? It's not a place I was expecting to hear a quote from German theologian, Dietrich Bonhoeffer...

“Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice. One may protest against evil; it can be exposed and, if need be, prevented by use of force.”

“Against stupidity we are defenseless; facts that contradict one’s prejudgment simply need not be believed, and when facts are irrefutable they are just pushed aside as inconsequential, as incidental. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one.”

And those who choose to live in a state of complete, wholly wrongness are stupid. A damn, there's a lot of them these days.:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you happen to catch the ACS podcast yesterday? It's not a place I was expecting to hear a quote from German theologian, Dietrich Bonhoeffer...

And those who choose to live in a state of complete, wholly wrongness are stupid. A damn, there's a lot of them these days.:rolleyes:

The stupid have been bred into society and trained by those we entrust with our children.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Wow! What cutting edge science! The headline is wrong, I believe what they determined was the filtration material worked in a lab separating mice, not that facemasks use does.

Hmm, now let's do a real study with untrained human subjects, with human itches, with beards, wanting to talk, wanting to smile, wanting to be heard, in non-sterile environments, touching their mask every sixty seconds while selecting products...

Terrible reporting. They do not even tell us the material used for filtration.

And the the study does not address serious issues from mask wear...

All in all, just some quick research to get more grant money...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wow! What cutting edge science! The headline is wrong, I believe what they determined was the filtration material worked in a lab separating mice, not that facemasks use does.

Hmm, now let's do a real study with untrained human subjects, with human itches, with beards, wanting to talk, wanting to smile, wanting to be heard, in non-sterile environments, touching their mask every sixty seconds while selecting products...

Terrible reporting. They do not even tell us the material used for filtration.

And the the study does not address serious issues from mask wear...

All in all, just some quick research to get more grant money...

Huh. Exactly the same thing I was complaining about with respect to an earlier, linked article. The headline doesn't match the article, and completely mis-states the results/conclusion of the study.

I guess, unless we all want to live in cages covered by mask filter medium...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom