• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HIPAA never applied to public health emergencies where tracking contagious diseases was concerned, nor did common-law confidentiality laws going back before the Constitution was a dream.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sure, but the plastic cover is easier to clean...and that's why it is there.

Yup.
    Repeated spraying of the keys can/will cause problems.

I'm waiting on the elevator at work to short out.
    They hung a spray bottle next to it, to clean the buttons, and now there's a puddle under the buttons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    HIPAA never applied to public health emergencies where tracking contagious diseases was concerned, nor did common-law confidentiality laws going back before the Constitution was a dream.
    Is the same true of HIV positive people, or people with other STD's? Because I'm thinking that was an issue.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is the same true of HIV positive people, or people with other STD's? Because I'm thinking that was an issue.

It was at one time, before there were effective treatments. May still be on the books some places. Don’t know.

However, there’s a pretty big difference between a disease you can get from breathing and one you can get from exchanging bodily fluids.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Several new antimicrobial coatings for various substrates have popped up developed in places like Asia and Europe. Here in the US that requires the material being evaluated as a pesticide by EPA. You can make a material to protect the coating from microbial attack, but you can't apply that to surfaces and market it to protect people.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, I am freely admitting I was wrong.

Early on in late February and March I was concerned that this was going to be real nasty. Others had doubts and discussed their disbelief. I was very short and irritated with those individuals, but they were right. I saw their skepticism as selfishness when I should have been looking for more evidence myself.

Since early April I have become more and more skeptical about this "pandemic". It seems to me that at best it is a mole hill that has been made into a historic mountain. At worst, it never really was anything more than a seasonal flu that parts of our government is using to quickly and widely eliminate those pesky rights than keep them from attaining the level of power over man that they dream of. Either way, I now seriously doubt the necessity of all the steps taken.

Will this ruin our economy? That depends... I think if we can get the government out of the way of the individual, then we will come back and continue to grow. If the government continues to meddle and interfere, then this could result in long term damage.

My hope is that average Americans are starting to realize how delicate their rights are and how quickly and easily these rights can be taken away. And because of this, average Americans start acting through peaceful means to ensure those rights are not taken from anyone.

Either way, this is a historic time in our lives. It will be interesting to review this in 50 years and find out how much was real and how much was contrived.

So, you're saying you're in your early 30s or that you think life expectancy is going to drastically increase? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom