Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Personally I woudl not feel he has an obligation to tell anyone anything. It's been 5 months and nothing negative has happened to either one of ya. It's none of anyone's business.

Just my thoughts.

I understand what you're saying. And yes, medical information is personal. However, CM is a friend of mine, so I don't think that he'd mind .... or I wouldn't have asked. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We don't know, but someday we'll have a clearer idea. Heck the modeling that I saw earlier today that suggest the biggest hotspots weren't hit by a singular Patient Zero, but had a succession of exposures from different places, was fascinating. Seriously, the technology we have these days to unwind the genome of this stuff is amazing.

And the December date has been floated since... late March, I think?
    If I were a betting man. I’d bet the virus was here much earlier than late December.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Nope.
    only place I have seen a wipe down of counter, cc machine has been home depot. Not sure what they are using for cleaner either.

It's all just a show.

When I used the self-check out at Target, the wiped down the screen and pad between every customer.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Back to the Turkey Day celebration. I spent some good time in the inlaws garage with an inhaler unable to breath. I too was very sick for weeks, fever, temperature, mucinex till I was too dizzy, O2 below 93 and as low as 80 for over a month. I'm still debating getting tested.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Was in the Dyer Jewel-Osco the other day and noticed that over their debit/credit card keypads they had a plastic cover to prevent people from picking up germs from the keypad. I pointed out to the management that people could just as easily pick up the same, identical germs from the plastic cover that they still had to touch to use the keypad. Shoulder shrug in response. How much else is only "theater" to make some people somewhere somehow feel better?

It's all theater. Face masks don't prevent anything, if anything they give people a false sense of security and force them to touch their face to remove the mask. Do you really think the average person knows how to decontaminate a mask? And even if they do, how many people do you think are doing it every single time they use it? It's a pretty intensive process that requires some specialized equipment, or tons and tons of alcohol which is very hard to obtain right now.

The only thing that works is travel bans and grounding air travel. In the long run, everyone is going to catch this virus anyway, all that does is slow it down.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I was wrong!!! Thankfully so.....

Well, I am freely admitting I was wrong.

Early on in late February and March I was concerned that this was going to be real nasty. Others had doubts and discussed their disbelief. I was very short and irritated with those individuals, but they were right. I saw their skepticism as selfishness when I should have been looking for more evidence myself.

Since early April I have become more and more skeptical about this "pandemic". It seems to me that at best it is a mole hill that has been made into a historic mountain. At worst, it never really was anything more than a seasonal flu that parts of our government is using to quickly and widely eliminate those pesky rights than keep them from attaining the level of power over man that they dream of. Either way, I now seriously doubt the necessity of all the steps taken.

Will this ruin our economy? That depends... I think if we can get the government out of the way of the individual, then we will come back and continue to grow. If the government continues to meddle and interfere, then this could result in long term damage.

My hope is that average Americans are starting to realize how delicate their rights are and how quickly and easily these rights can be taken away. And because of this, average Americans start acting through peaceful means to ensure those rights are not taken from anyone.

Either way, this is a historic time in our lives. It will be interesting to review this in 50 years and find out how much was real and how much was contrived.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Was in the Dyer Jewel-Osco the other day and noticed that over their debit/credit card keypads they had a plastic cover to prevent people from picking up germs from the keypad. I pointed out to the management that people could just as easily pick up the same, identical germs from the plastic cover that they still had to touch to use the keypad. Shoulder shrug in response. How much else is only "theater" to make some people somewhere somehow feel better?
    I told the Arby’s girl that unless she was changing gloves between each customer she wasn’t doing any good. She said “I know” and shrugged. Btw, the gloves looked like they’d been on all day!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Either way, this is a historic time in our lives. It will be interesting to review this in 50 years and find out how much was real and how much was contrived.

I wager once parts of the previous administration starts being walked into prison, the media will forget all about this virus.

Funny how it became a huge overwhelming issue just a month after impeachment failed, and documents started dropping.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's all theater. Face masks don't prevent anything, if anything they give people a false sense of security and force them to touch their face to remove the mask. Do you really think the average person knows how to decontaminate a mask? And even if they do, how many people do you think are doing it every single time they use it? It's a pretty intensive process that requires some specialized equipment, or tons and tons of alcohol which is very hard to obtain right now.

The only thing that works is travel bans and grounding air travel. In the long run, everyone is going to catch this virus anyway, all that does is slow it down.

Not that hard! :40oz::alcoholic::cheers:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When I used the self-check out at Target, the wiped down the screen and pad between every customer.

:gross: we are kicking you off the NWI INGO island for using target. :p

Dollar Tree, Highland does not clean between users
    Jewel, munster does not clean between users
    Walmart, hammond does not clean between users
    Aldi, hammond by cabelas does not clean between users

Those are the only ones I have been to personally.
    Home depot, schererville does.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Why not just let the mask sit for a week, let all the virions croak and then use it again?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Oh please, please, please tell your medical staff that they shouldn't use masks when you get an operation. I'd love to read about that one.

And as indicated above, decontamination of personal masks is as easy as putting them on a rotation. The virus only lasts for a limited period of time outside of the body.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh please, please, please tell your medical staff that they shouldn't use masks when you get an operation. I'd love to read about that one.

And as indicated above, decontamination of personal masks is as easy as putting them on a rotation. The virus only lasts for a limited period of time outside of the body.

You don't understand. It's a belief system, not a scientific analysis.

You're either on the side of complete freedom all the time for everyone no matter what, or one of THEM. There is no room for nuance.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not that hard! :40oz::alcoholic::cheers:

Hoosier Brewing down the street is giving out gallons of their brewpub-made sanitizer. They ask for a donation. It's a heckova good local service. My wife picked up a gallon by appt today. The guy didn't want to charge her for it but she insisted. Have to keep the lights on, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hoosier Brewing down the street is giving out gallons of their brewpub-made sanitizer. They ask for a donation. It's a heckova good local service. My wife picked up a gallon by appt today. The guy didn't want to charge her for it but she insisted. Have to keep the lights on, etc.

Ha! You had just edited your original post by the time I quoted it I guess. I was going to ask, "Gallons of beer??" :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Sometime I type just the predicates....and go back and add subjects. It isn't always a great idea to quote me for a couple of minutes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics