Tropical Minnesota

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I may be late to the party, but WTF:

If the disease is truly that horrible, then why inflate the numbers?

Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

(sorry if this has been posted already)

[video=youtube_share;Tw9Ci2PZKZg]https://youtu.be/Tw9Ci2PZKZg[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I believe that is a lie.
    The CDC guidelines have already been posted in this thread (or a previous iteration thereof) for any of us to read.

Anyone can publish any guidelines that "should" be followed. Is there a mechanism in place mandating that states follow these CDC guidelines? Even if there is, that does not guarantee compliance.

You saw the actual video. Not a summary of what was said, but what was straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the guidelines, just that Illinois isn't known for doing anything that makes sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then perhaps the CDC could do a bit less telling us 'what the numbers say' and a bit more admitting 'we don't really have any numbers, just more models'

Confidence windows exist for a reason
    It’s not that they don’t have numbers. They have some numbers. And then they pump those into their models which produces other numbers. So numbers beget more numbers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was in the hospital today for a battery of tests to see why my blood pressure is low.
    In my discussion of this crap with my Dr we figured out I most likely had this last fall or so. Symptoms were all there. Sick as I have ever been.
    The took some Blood (several samples) and will check to see if any trace is there. He said even money it is.

So, with a compromised immune system and not a young man by any stretch and I survived. And add in the spouse is also somewhat compromised she was fine. The terrorists were fine. The daughter and hubby were fine. We all had major contact. So WTAF here peoples. Models be damned. Masks be damned.
    If you don’t mind me asking, when last fall was this? We had a mysterious illness run through our house in late December through early January. I’m not saying it was Rona. But it’s possible it could have been. I strongly suspect that this was in the US much earlier than January.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was in the hospital today for a battery of tests to see why my blood pressure is low.
    In my discussion of this crap with my Dr we figured out I most likely had this last fall or so. Symptoms were all there. Sick as I have ever been.
    The took some Blood (several samples) and will check to see if any trace is there. He said even money it is.

I've now heard that story about a half dozen times.

The antibodies have yet to be found in the suspected coronavirus patient.

Personally, I'd say there's no chance that you had it, but I'm very interested in whether you have the antibodies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you don’t mind me asking, when last fall was this? We had a mysterious illness run through our house in late December through early January. I’m not saying it was Rona. But it’s possible it could have been. I strongly suspect that this was in the US much earlier than January.

It was late November because I sat out Turkey day due to being sick. It was as sick as I have ever been with the flu but being me I did not suspect anything past the usual crap the terrorists would bring home from the local Petri dish. I carried over into December as I remember. Took a while to get my boiler back up to full steam.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

Personally, I'd say there's no chance that you had it, but I'm very interested in whether you have the antibodies.

No chance that he had the china virus?

With respect, how do you know?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I may be late to the party, but WTF:

If the disease is truly that horrible, then why inflate the numbers?

Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of Illinois Department of Public Health, explains. “It means, at the time of death, it was a COVID positive diagnosis. That means, that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means, technically even if you died of clear alternative cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death.”

That is inconsistent with the published CDC guidelines and, frankly, inconsistent with how causes of death are reported in most places, from what I can tell.

Part of the purposes is to track comorbidities. If someone was in hospice dying from metastaticized lung cancer, but also tested positive for COVID, the reporting doctor is supposed to put metastaticized lung cancer as the cause of death and the COVID positive status, so as to track the spread. If, in the doctor's medical opinion, COVID contributed to an earlier death, then that gets listed as the cause.

It remains up to the doctor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No chance that he had the china virus?

With respect, how do you know?

Last Fall? No chance.

It would be the earliest recorded patient. Here. In Indiana. It would completely upend our understanding of coronaviruses. And unless he had some interaction with bats and Wuhan China, there would be no path for it to skip out of Indiana to Wuhan where it infected a (literally) unknowable total of people, with a compelling mortality rate (whatever the number is). In a patient with admitted vulnerabilities to it.

I do not "know." Yet, I'm still saying no chance. And I'm very interested in the results, as I was with my other friends who went through the process who actually had a reasonable chance of having it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah that strikes me about the same. Trust I would have taken a pass on that :bs: if I had a choice but hey.....every one seems to be so much more enlightened than my Dr.

I'm out.

Fair 'nuff.

But if your doctor was serious about "even money," then I'm wondering what inside knowledge he has about this epidemic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm willing to amend the "no chance." There's no chance the infection was in late November.

There's still the chance that asymptomatic exposure occurred since then, especially if there were any visits to large gatherings of people in close proximity, or nursing homes.

But, given the admitted vulnerabilities, I'd suspect there would've been more specific signs of COVID.

Again, I mentioned this in Coronavirus III - my circle of friends includes people who were in hotspots in the early stages of actual diagnosis here in the US, got really sick, and don't have the antibodies. Those people actually had "even money" chances of having it and didn't. Someone with no obvious exposure to it, before it was a diagnosis? I'm skeptical.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    It was late November because I sat out Turkey day due to being sick. It was as sick as I have ever been with the flu but being me I did not suspect anything past the usual crap the terrorists would bring home from the local Petri dish. I carried over into December as I remember. Took a while to get my boiler back up to full steam.

My husband also had to skip Turkey Day because of this. He had a bad cough for a long time after.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I lean the opposite direction, and think how could it possibly have NOT been here then?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I lean the opposite direction, and think how could it possibly have NOT been here then?

That's not what I said.

It may have been "here" in the US. The earliest reported confirmed death is now in January in California, I believe, but she died of something that takes weeks to kill the patient. She had traceable exposure to people from China.

That's very different from some random (but important to INGO) Hoosier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom