Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    why is not everyone who has been to walmart,lowes,menards ect are not dead yet if this is so deadly??????.....it should have took us all out by now....right????

Makes ya realize that science is not the know all when it comes to nature (among other things). Data does not determine reality but rather "may" explain it. We have been submerged in a bath of data that is constantly changing by both man made and natural input.

Time to open up society and stop pretending science knows what is best.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    so as i think that the 80k + that has died where going to die anyway....with or with out it

Undoubtedly, most would have died within months to maybe a couple of years from something else.

The average stay in a nursing home is 835 days. Somewhere around 10-12% of people over 75 who get 'Rona die from it.....meaning 88-90% do not. I would imagine that the nursing home population, is, on average, much sicker than their non-nursing home age cohorts.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/...o-give-update-on-covid-19-efforts-in-indiana/

Preliminary results from study by the Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI shows mortality rate from COVID-19 in Indiana of .58%

that's very high for an infectious disease that is also highly contagious AND still not endemic

That's preliminary though, as is the estimate that only 2.8% of the population has been infected so far.

I had a mild flu-like illness after a trip to Orlando in January and an even more mild cough/headache after a trip to Vegas in February. I doubt we had Covid, or at least it didn't fit the typical description.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I was in the hospital today for a battery of tests to see why my blood pressure is low.
    In my discussion of this crap with my Dr we figured out I most likely had this last fall or so. Symptoms were all there. Sick as I have ever been.
    The took some (several samples) and will check to see if any trace is there. He said even money it is.

So, with a compromised immune system and not a young man by any stretch and I survived. And add in the spouse is also somewhat compromised she was fine. The terrorists were fine. The daughter and hubby were fine. We all had major contact. So WTAF here peoples. Models be damned. Masks be damned.

i had a terrible sinus infection the week of thanksgiving in 19....thought i was going to die.......9 weeks ago got another one but worst than the first one.......i think i had some sort of it too.....but who knows.......hope they get to the bottom of you stuff

some of this is BS in my book..

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I was in the hospital today for a battery of tests to see why my blood pressure is low.
    In my discussion of this crap with my Dr we figured out I most likely had this last fall or so. Symptoms were all there. Sick as I have ever been.
    The took some (several samples) and will check to see if any trace is there. He said even money it is.

So, with a compromised immune system and not a young man by any stretch and I survived. And add in the spouse is also somewhat compromised she was fine. The terrorists were fine. The daughter and hubby were fine. We all had major contact. So WTAF here peoples. Models be damned. Masks be damned.

That could be awesome churchmouse! I hope your antibody tests come back positive! I am jealous.

I used to brag about not being sick for at least the last ten years or so and now it turns out that is a bad thing. My immune system is probably out of practice.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I know a few people who have had symptoms (still on quarantine) and been tested. They tested negative but was told they were "clinical positive". One way or another they are trying to get that number up. What I would like to see done s test for both the seasonal flu and china flu. The swab is the same but the media may be different. We may get more factual numbers that would benefit the study.

So, you can have flu symptoms and they can either call it the china flu or seasonal flu with a test. You can be tested negative but have flu symptoms but the symptoms make it "clinical positive" for the china flu. You can go into the hospital with flu symptoms and die, they classify that as china flu death; without any testing.

My point is the data is compromised in so many ways. Let's add ventilators to the equation. It is being suggested that vents may have caused unnecessary deaths with those "suspected" of the china flu. Is the china flu death rate decreasing because we no longer push the vent; realizing it created a detrimental situation?

IMHO, we have no baseline, very little solid foundation if any at all. The scientists cannot agree because of the politicization of the china virus. Front line workers and doctors reporting a different observation than the data gatherers are pulling together.

Nonsense. People died, yes; but how many really had to die? How many did not die? How many resurrected hospitals really were used? How many patients in McCormick Place?

What are the 3 top hotspots in the USA and who is in power in those states? The list of questions is long.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    That could be awesome churchmouse! I hope your antibody tests come back positive! I am jealous.

I used to brag about not being sick for at least the last ten years or so and now it turns out that is a bad thing. My immune system is probably out of practice.

Or your immune system is pretty good!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    why is not everyone who has been to walmart,lowes,menards ect are not dead yet if this is so deadly??????.....it should have took us all out by now....right????

Math isn't all that hard to do. Mortality rate for the virus is hilariously low unless death is already knocking on your door.

We're just witnessing the next step of theater. First it was being molested by high school dropouts if you wanted to fly on a plane. Now it's wearing a government leash (mask) everywhere to demonstrate submission to your god, the state.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Speaking of walmarts - Did you know that even with all the walmarts all over there is not a single one in all of new york city?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Speaking of walmarts - Did you know that even with all the walmarts all over there is not a single one in all of new york city?

That is NYC's choice. Walmart has tried to go there, but despite Target and Costco having stores there, NYC associates Walmart with deplorables and has rejected them.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Makes ya realize that science is not the know all when it comes to nature (among other things). Data does not determine reality but rather "may" explain it. We have been submerged in a bath of data that is constantly changing by both man made and natural input.

Time to open up society and stop pretending science knows what is best.

REAL Science© is a good thing and has helped mankind tremendously for a long time. However now politics has corrupted many scientists and science itself so there is no more trust. Politics ****s up everything it touches.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trevor Bedford said:
    We now have enough #SARSCoV2 genomic data from different states to make some broad conclusions about how the #COVID19 epidemic has unfolded in the US.

We see a spectrum where some states had single (early) introductions that fueled the majority of the epidemic, while in others the epidemic appears to be driven by a larger number of separate introductions.

This analysis shows relationships from sequencing viral genomes. The main thing to pay attention to is how cases (dots colored by state) cluster. Patches of cases from the same state indicate local transmission. All figures from @nextstrain: https://nextstrain.org/ncov/north-america?c=division&f_country=USA&r=division

These analyses depend on comparison of sequenced viruses and so equitable sampling over geography and time is necessary to make reliable conclusions. This sampling has improved recently, but there are still gaps in sequencing and caution in interpretation is warranted

If we look at New York, we see that most infections appear to derive from an introduction from Europe in mid-February (node on the tree labeled "NY"). This introduction rapidly grew to a substantial epidemic focused in NYC, but frequently introduced to other locations

EX1qHa1U0AAwX2Z

While if we look at Washington we see an introduction of a lineage from China that drove much of the early outbreak, but then multiple introductions from the NY clade fueling further transmission chains in March

EX1qRAoUwAEjyWg

California is interesting in that like WA, much of the outbreak is fueled by an early introduction of a lineage from Asia and then later cases derived from repeated introductions from elsewhere in the US.

EX1qVIwVAAAjkdW

Contrast this with Wisconsin, in which the outbreak appears driven by a large number of separate introductions from elsewhere in the US and Europe. It lacks the early successful introduction seen in NY, WA and CA.

EX1qaulUwAA9ROp

Louisiana has a remarkably focused outbreak in which most sequenced cases appear to derive from a couple closely related introduction events. This outbreak nests within the genetic diversity seen in NY suggesting a possible transmission route

EX1qgvPUYAAM64y

Part of the Texas outbreak groups closely with this clade from LA, while other samples from Texas reveal a large number of separate introductions to the state.

EX1qmQHUEAArcK2

Overall, we see substantial mixing of transmission chains across states. This mixing largely occurred during Feb and early March. I'd expect moving forward for there to be more geographically focused transmission chains given reduced travel in the US. I see continued genetic sequencing as potentially illuminating sources of infection and whether further cases within a state are largely the result of local transmission or of repeated introductions from outside the state.

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1260281079732166656

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/...o-give-update-on-covid-19-efforts-in-indiana/

Preliminary results from study by the Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI shows mortality rate from COVID-19 in Indiana of .58%

That study says there were about 113,000 positive COVID-19 cases in Indiana at that time(1.7%) - not survived cases but live cases. The state was only aware of about one tenth of that number. That seems to indicate you can expect a continued spread of the disease.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Another court slaps down rule making by fiat. This time it's the Wisconsin Supreme Court.

Wisconsin’s Supreme Court strikes down governor's ‘safer at home’ order

Evers issued a stay-at-home order in March which was supposed to expire April 24. But the Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Andrea Palm, an Evers appointee, extended it to May 26.

Republicans asked the Supreme Court on April 21 to block the extension, arguing that it amounts to an administrative rule, which requires legislative approval.

Evers’ administration argued that state law clearly gives the executive branch broad authority to enact emergency measures to control communicable diseases. Attorney General Josh Kaul also noted that Evers' order was similar to that in at least 42 other states and has saved many lives.

Chief Justice Patience Roggensack wrote for the majority that the order equates to an emergency rule that Palm can't enact unilaterally. The order creates criminal penalties that Palm has no authority to create, she added.

“Rule-making exists precisely to ensure that kind of controlling, subjective judgement asserted by one unelected official, Palm, is not imposed in Wisconsin,” Roggensack wrote for the majority.

During oral arguments last week, Justice Rebecca Bradley suggested Palm’s decision to extend the order without legislative input amounts to tyranny, according to WKOW.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That study says there were about 113,000 positive COVID-19 cases in Indiana at that time(1.7%) - not survived cases but live cases. The state was only aware of about one tenth of that number. That seems to indicate you can expect a continued spread of the disease.
    I ways did. As I’ve said, it’s not just going to disappear on its own if we continue to curl up in the fetal position.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I ways did. As I’ve said, it’s not just going to disappear on its own if we continue to curl up in the fetal position.

and NYC is not beating the virus as deblasio said. their lower case counts aee because it's burned through most non-immune people already.

do you "win against the fire" when it burned 85% of the island and finally starts dwindling as it hits the beaches?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom