Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Perfect is the enemy of good enough. Water droplets expelled by talking/breathing are large enough and heavy enough to be predominantly affected by gravity and as such fall to earth within about 5 to 6 feet, hence the 6 foot recommendation. Some could exceed that radius if expelled more forcefully as in a sneeze, hence the recommendation (finally) to wear a mask to not only minimize the droplets expelled but also stop some of those in the air you might breathe in. Droplets of a small enough size to form aerosols are predominantly governed by air currents and take longer to settle/disperse further so 'perfect' interception of potential contamination is not possible, but 'good enough' protection can be implemented

The size of individual WuVid 19 particles has been characterized as between 0.06 and 0.14 microns and an N95 is only good down to 0.3 microns. There is no perfect protection, after all it likely broke (carelessly implemented?) Level IV containment at the lab in Wuhan. If you want 'perfect' containment until you can get a vaccine you'll need to go full Howard Hughes

That isn't quite right. The N95 or P95 standard is to stop 95% of 0.3 micron and larger particles. The filtering is called tortuous path filtering and is pretty much a statistical thing. The filters will certainly stop some particles smaller than 0.3 microns but just at some rate less than 95%. There is no sharp cutoff.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Kentucky’s governor is a democrat. I’ve seen “quotes” that have him saying Indiana is “moving too fast”. So...we’ll see. If he thinks Holcomb it moving too fast, I’m guessing he’s shooting for November...maybe the day after Election Day.

Hoosiers moving faster than Kentuckians, huh, who would have thought.;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mayor Bill of NYC whining this morning about not getting enough covid money. He was using newspaper quotes from the NYC bankruptcy of the 70s.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mayor Bill of NYC whining this morning about not getting enough covid money. He was using newspaper quotes from the NYC bankruptcy of the 70s.

What a luxury to be able to disconnect your actions from the ramifications of them. These governors and mayors will attempt to be made whole (and likely then-some) by the feds so why should any of them temper their actions with the fiscal impacts they’ll cause?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mark Zuckerberg: Lockdown Protests Are ‘Misinformation,’ Facebook Will Ban Organizers

Stephanopoulos asked Zuckerberg how the company deals “with the fact that Facebook is now being used to organize a lot of these protests to defy social distancing guidelines in states. If somebody trying to organize something like that, does that qualify as harmful misinformation?”

“We do classify that as harmful misinformation and we take that down,” confirmed Zuckerberg, while at the same time saying that it’s important “that people can debate policies.”

A Facebook spokesman confirmed to CNN that planned protests in California, New Jersey, and Nebraska were having their pages removed from Facebook at the request of state authorities.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...-misinformation-facebook-will-ban-organizers/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    We may soon need a "Fake News: CoronaVirus edition" thread.

From NY Post today ...

Headline: Kentucky sees highest spike in coronavirus cases after lockdown protests :nailbite:

Buried in the article:

Around 100 protesters gathered Wednesday on the lawn of the Capitol building in Frankfort during Democrat Beshear’s coronavirus briefing, shouting “Open up Kentucky!” and “King Beshear,” the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.

The same group returned Friday to the Capitol building, where they were met by barricades, the newspaper reported.

Instead, they circled the area in cars for a drive-through protest of Beshear’s coronavirus restrictions, the report said.

It’s unclear whether the protests had any impact on the surge of deaths reported Sunday in the state.

Beshear said at least 13 percent of cases reported in Kentucky have been nursing home residents.

Of the 273 new cases, there were 33 patients who were residents of nursing homes and eight more who were staffers, he said.

Considering the protest was on Wednesday and the "surge" of 33 deaths were Sunday, it would be all but impossible for the protests to have an impact so quickly, but they got their headline. Now all of the Karen's of the world can post it to Facebook and blame the freedom loving rubes for spreading CV around.

Not linking to the article because it's not worth driving clicks to them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another reason I’m glad I don’t do any social media. Never had a Twitter a reddit or instagram, and deleted Facebook 8 years ago. I still browse reddit and twitter, and that’s more than enough to make me glad I never created an account

I’ll not defend Big Social Media but I do find FB and Twitter as good vehicles for disseminating news.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How did the name "Karen" get picked to be a twit anyhow? I know some really good people named Karen.

Is it just kind of an unfortunate thing like being named Sheila in Australia?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    How did the name "Karen" get picked to be a twit anyhow? I know some really good people named Karen.

Is it just kind of an unfortunate thing like being named Sheila in Australia?

Yep.

karen.jpg

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...zKdZmTSg5rVkCPh-Yco0QUWK2qSzuCNNDDnPlgYgZ9EEw

omg, 16 people in a church that holds 293. Yeah I know more then ten, but that nit picky stage. Plus I question the authority to enforce this on churches based on the Constitution and first amendment. Don’t get me wrong, churches should not be full but that should the decision of the churches going by the government’s recommendation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom