Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are being disingenuous. "Wake up people" and "open your eyes" are expressions about looking closer at something, analyzing it and seeing the real stuff behind the facade - not about sleeping. I think you know that because everybody else does.

I'm not being disingenuous at all. I'm saying that those things cited don't logically conclude with what is being claimed. Saying that the people who don't see it your way must not have analyzed it, or are incapable of seeing the "real stuff behind the facade", is a bull**** claim. A good reason not to see it your way is that it's not logical, and in some cases those points were downright fake news.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't seen many of his pressers, but what I did see looked professional, calm and with no criticisms of the press, Geo Bush, or Joe & Mika.

Basically, head and shoulders above anything Trump has done in a presser.

The same is true of DeWine, but I wouldn't vote for him to be president. The rails are a way back over there, cowboy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have the masters of all that is woke told us yet which kinds of masks are privileged, racist, and socially acceptable?

I don't think officially. But it seems that it would go something like this: Wearing n95 masks in public is problematic for white people, because they should just give their masks to people of color. Also, if you're politically right, especially attending a political rally, you should not be able to wear a mask. However, if you're a member of a far left militant group, protecting your identity is a civil right to avoid prosecution for punching Nazis.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Alright, I am making my once every 6 week supply run to Walmart, Kroger, Aldis in case any freedom loving, "I ain' t wearin' no mask because I am free", blatant sneezing and coughing germ factory want's to see how clean the floors are at any of those establishments.

Walmart and Kroger are outdoor pick ups, so I will be in/near my truck, but as I walk the streets of Aldis, a loaded six gun on my back, I'll be playin for keeps because I might not make it back. I will go everywhere though and see a hundred faces, ready to rock them all.
    giphy.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I intentionally did not include any opinions in that statement so there is nothing there that is about what I know to be true. It is a very generic call to examine something deeper than the smoke and mirrors. It is common knowledge that sometimes governments and officials from both sides say things that are misleading and untrue - like If you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your healthcare insurance.

As to the question - I have no idea - I can't see your dress. :)

(A) You didn't write yourself, but you also didn't credit the author.
    (B) The was absolutely nothing factual - it was complete rhetoric.
    (C) The "wake up" is clearly a statement that, "if you don't see the situation the same way I do, then you're as mindless as a sheep."

If there's any smoke and mirrors, it's this BS, AFAIK, came from the guy who played Hercules. And here I thought we weren't suppose to take advice from Hollywood actors...

Do I think it's stupid that in MI you can't buy flowers at HD? Yeah, I do, and so do you.
    Do I understand it the reasoning behind? Yes, do you?

Please allow me to open you eyes and examine it: It's actually pretty simple (but, likely misguided). This weekend in Ft Wayne there was tons of people at Meijer, Lowes, HD, who weren't buying essential items, they were just buying annuals for their garden. So, If HD, et al, can't sell those, then people who only want flowers will stay away.

It pretty simple reasoning, once you shed the idea that every government action is a deliberate, diabolical attack on your own personal freedom.

I need to go for a walk now.

PS - The Dress. It's a very visual example of how the brain interprets the information it receives and how with insufficient information, it makes it up. In this case some people see it one way, and others see it in an almost completely different way.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Holcomb Apologizes For Failing To Follow COVID-19 Safety Precautions

...Gov. Eric Holcomb is apologizing after he was photographed this weekend out in public without following proper COVID-19 safety procedures.

A selfie posted on an Indiana woman’s Facebook page – and shared widely by a local Democratic Party Twitter account – shows Holcomb taking a photo with the woman and her daughter, all of them without masks and well within six feet of each other.

In a statement, Holcomb says he left his mask in the car when retrieving takeout from a local restaurant – what he calls a lapse in his “usual vigilance.”

He apologized to health care professionals and every Hoosier working to slow the spread of COVID-19. He calls the incident a “lesson learned” that even a quick photo requires following experts’ guidance to wear a mask in public...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Holcomb Apologizes For Failing To Follow COVID-19 Safety Precautions

...Gov. Eric Holcomb is apologizing after he was photographed this weekend out in public without following proper COVID-19 safety procedures.

A selfie posted on an Indiana woman’s Facebook page – and shared widely by a local Democratic Party Twitter account – shows Holcomb taking a photo with the woman and her daughter, all of them without masks and well within six feet of each other.

In a statement, Holcomb says he left his mask in the car when retrieving takeout from a local restaurant – what he calls a lapse in his “usual vigilance.”

He apologized to health care professionals and every Hoosier working to slow the spread of COVID-19. He calls the incident a “lesson learned” that even a quick photo requires following experts’ guidance to wear a mask in public...

Do what he say, not what he do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I intentionally did not include any opinions in that statement so there is nothing there that is about what I know to be true. It is a very generic call to examine something deeper than the smoke and mirrors. It is common knowledge that sometimes governments and officials from both sides say things that are misleading and untrue - like If you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your healthcare insurance.

As to the question - I have no idea - I can't see your dress. :)

Sigh.

Okay.

So you say that there is nothing there that is about what you know to be true, and then you state things you think are true, like that there is something deeper, and that the view we're given is smoke and mirrors. You state that as if it were a fact already in evidence and it's not.

Of course people in political power say things that are misleading and untrue. It's been proven often enough. Politician says something. Later the statement was proven to be false. So you'd need to provide something better than intuitive reasoning. You can't logically say, politicians often lie so they're definitely lying in this case. But, you make a more general statement that would be reasonable, like, because they often lie, not everything they say is trustworthy. But if you want make a more specific judgments about their motives for shutting some things down and not others, you need more specific information about that. Any smoking guns? Any hot mic comments that show their motivation was different from what was stated?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Remind me again - are the "sheeple" the ones that want to contain and control the virus's spread, or are they the ones being convinced that this a government plot to destroy religious freedom, by using a a virus created by the Chinese?

Which begs the question - Is the virus bad or not? On one hand it's bad because the Chinese caused and they're all bad people. On the other hand, the lockdown is dumb because it's just like common flu. Make up your collective minds.

When the government tells you how to act in this pandemic and weighs in on ChiCom responsibility, do you examine the governments stipulations in light of what you know and the scientific methods you've been taught? You might not be a sheeple

When the government tells you how to act in this pandemic and weighs in on ChiCom responsibility, do you automatically think 'Oh, if the government wants it it must be for my own good' and never dream of questioning its edicts? You might want to get nervous if a government official approaches you with shears or clippers

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now do Florida

FL population: 21.48 million population density: 353.4 people/sq. mile WuVid 19 deaths: 1399 Deaths/ 1 million: 68

IN population: 6.73 million population density: 184.9 people/sq. mile WuVid 19 deaths: 1264 Deaths/ 1 million: 190

Florida went with far less draconian measures. Please compare and contrast in such a way to support your contention that this is driven by population density

I think it's driven by more than just population density alone. It's big. But it's not everything. NY seemed to be the perfect storm of population density and plenty of conduits to spread the virus. They were hit pretty hard early on. I suppose that if everyone in Montana went to a ****-kicking meetup somewhere, Montana would have a **** ton of cases. But they live ****ing miles from each other. Except in the areas with a higher population density.

Maybe in Florida, since they have such a high population of old ****s, people just stayed home because they were afraid of getting it. And then all the people spreading it around, went home after spring break. I'm only half serious about that point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Florida also presents a confirmation bias possibility regarding Cause of Death. In a geriatric state in which people die from cardiovascular issues with great frequency, especially the early cases of heart attack/pneumonia/renal failure were the obvious causes in and of themselves. The coronavirus link may have been hidden or ignored.

But, there's other intervening mitigators, like sunlight and salt water, that might be acting to reduce the deaths there.

IMHO, it doesn't really matter right now why the numbers are different. Great care should be taken to improve Indiana's numbers and continue Florida's "good" numbers.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The same is true of DeWine, but I wouldn't vote for him to be president. The rails are a way back over there, cowboy

'tis a pity that Trump can't hold a candle to a backwoods yokel like the Hoosier guvnr in press conference. I'd add "don'tcha think", but I really don't want a response.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like him. Looks like my uncle who used to tour in a jazz quartet.

Okay. I know a guy who looks a bit like Holcomb. He's an engineer with, let's say, some OCD issues. He gets mad at people for leaving water spots around the sinks in the men's room at work. I've seen him cleaning the countertops in the men's room several times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom